Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
buddy
04 Jul 12 07:37
| Topic/replies: 412 | Blogger: buddy's blog
going for the 1st time, i have no parking booked as yet...Where is the best place to park??

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 7
By:
worcesterwilly
When: 04 Jul 12 10:11
DON'T GO into the complex or adjacent to it - given the rain you may be there a week stuck in the mud!

Best to park on one of the advertised car park 4-5 miles out as they are more hardcore and regular shuttle buses in....
By:
ocukstinky
When: 04 Jul 12 14:01
Agreed, it will be HIDEOUSLY muddy, getting out will take forever and a day as well.
By:
fkqmz
When: 04 Jul 12 15:40
there's a p+r on the a43, well sign posted. if you've got no parking pass i'd strongly advise you to do this because you wont park for free anywhere near the course and you could find yourself soaked to the skin and covered in mud by the time you reach your seats!

just for the record i DON'T think the getting out will be so bad, since they cancelled the historic races and started pushing the grand prix party, people leave in stages rather than all at once, the access roads are better, and the mud will be nowhere near BGP2000 levels! i'll go for just 'forever' rather than forever and a day :)
By:
ocukstinky
When: 04 Jul 12 18:10
In 1998 it was horrendous, took us 4 hours to get back to Kenilworth which is only about 40 miles away. I fell asleep before the world cup final Sad
By:
Zazu
When: 06 Jul 12 11:08
2hrs+ of traffic queues on friday morning Laugh
By:
buddy
When: 09 Jul 12 23:06
opted for the northampton park & ride...it worked a treat!!
By:
fkqmz
When: 16 Jul 12 14:27
experience is always a benefit here, parked up on friday, came back on friday evening to find the car park destroyed! moved the car to a concrete section of said car park, said car park is then not used for the rest of the weekend. fkqmz drives straight out the car park and is on the a43 within 10 mins whilst the mugs queue Laugh
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com