Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PierreLaRogue
13 May 12 11:18
| Topic/replies: 1,408 | Blogger: PierreLaRogue's blog
Hamilton did not win qualifying as he was disqualified for cheating, all bets should be settled as Maldanado winning, the market should have never been settled until after Hamilton had entered the pits, if you dont enter pits and can't have fuel tested then the qualifying process is not complete and as thus Hamilton NEVER WON qualifying.
Pause Switch to Standard View Refund Betfair re Hamilton qualifying
Show More
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 1:02 PM BST
He set the fastest time and was the qualifying winner Sad
Report PierreLaRogue May 13, 2012 1:14 PM BST
"The Stewards determine that this is a breach of Article 6.6.2 of the FIA Formula One Technical Regulations and the Competitor is accordingly excluded from the results of the Qualifying Session. The Competitor is however allowed to start the race from the back of the grid."
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 1:24 PM BST
I feel for you  Sad....  but you weren't betting on the stewards decision
Report PierreLaRogue May 14, 2012 8:35 PM BST
The market should not be called qualifying because its not a market on qualifying its a market on fastest qualifying lap by any means necessary. To call it Qualifying market makes it a breach of trading standards, if its a qualifying market then it should be paid out to the guy who won qualifying.

If i bet on horseracing i expect BHB rules to apply, if i bet on F1 i expect FIA rules to apply, the market should not be named QUALIFYING if the winner of QUALIFYING is not paid out on.
Report Zazu May 15, 2012 6:17 AM BST
FOYDC
Report fkqmz May 15, 2012 1:21 PM BST
am with pierre on this one, its like a stewards in the horse racing. Maldonado should be paid no matter what, whether hamilton is paid as FPTP is at the discretion of bookmakers.
Report Zazu May 15, 2012 4:44 PM BST
its nothing like the stewards in horse racing.

'will not be affected by subsequent penalties or demotions'

betfair would just not settle until the start of the race if it was done your way Crazy
Report thebandit May 15, 2012 7:23 PM BST
...and cheats will be allowed to flourish your way Zazu Silly
Report fkqmz May 16, 2012 8:52 AM BST
numpty, it is EXACTLY like the stewards in the horse racing! i agree that the settling issue is a sticking point but to not pay out on maldonado in this case is just plain wrong, he won fair and square.
Report f1 fan May 17, 2012 5:51 PM BST
read the rules before betting,

the race winner is settled on the podium

quali is settled straight after qualt 3.

simple.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com