Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
curious-cat
12 May 12 17:51
| Topic/replies: 994 | Blogger: curious-cat's blog
Cool
Pause Switch to Standard View Hamilton starting off the back of the...
Show More
Report ocukstinky May 12, 2012 6:55 PM BST
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA WHERE'S GPT WHEN YOU NEED HIM CoolCoolCoolLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report CrowsEye May 12, 2012 6:56 PM BST
Good job I had a bet on Alonso and Raikonnen before the books woke up!

I hope they don't start any funny business about this.
Report undern May 12, 2012 7:04 PM BST
http://twitter.com/#!/benjhunt/status/201368568552628224/photo/1

Yeh I put up a nice lay on him at 3's .. so well pleased
Report satana May 12, 2012 7:09 PM BST
Pole positions winning bets are to be taken off from the accounts now or they stay?
Report Littlenicky May 12, 2012 7:24 PM BST
Pole position bets should stand imo as your not betting on pole but fastest qualifier in Q3
Report berto77 May 12, 2012 7:32 PM BST
I think qualifying bets stand but I don't think they should. Hamilton gained an advantage for running low fuel.
Report Artsipappa May 12, 2012 8:04 PM BST
I bet on Pastor Maldonado to win, and the bet was "Aika-ajon voittaja" which in English means "Winner of time trial." And I found from rules that the official result is the one that matters, so I think my bet should be a win instead of a loss. Any idea how this will go down? :o
Report Burton-Brewers May 12, 2012 8:30 PM BST
some of the backroom boys need their wages docked, too many mistakes being made
Report Zazu May 12, 2012 8:53 PM BST
qually bets will stand

ROFL mclaren. how many blunders can they make before p45s get handed out Laugh
Report ArmchairIdiot May 12, 2012 9:38 PM BST
They really are a crock. Hamilton should GTFO ASAP and take up the first decent offer.
Report T.M.0 May 12, 2012 9:53 PM BST
Laugh
Report f1 fan May 13, 2012 2:14 AM BST
completely f'ing rediculous.

fastest man on track and starting from the back cos he was 1 litre short of fuel.

he had enough fuel for q1 and q2, just not enough for q3 so he should be disq'd from q3 and go back to p11.

the stewards are a joke, how many drivers, yes hamilton included have been found guilty of dangerous moves and they get a poxy drive through, or a 5 place grid penalty for the next race(shumi trying to push rubens into a wall at 200mph). mclarean make a harmless mistake and lewis get a 22 place penalty.

bernie's that busy counting his millions he f'ing the sport up. he should be busy getting the bull $hit rule books re-written rather that re-writing multi million £ deals with sky tv.

at least the spanish will be happy, they all hate lewis because hes more tallented then the local hero.
Report Zazu May 13, 2012 6:21 AM BST
f1 fan its harsh but rules are rules.

Schumey who didnt bother setting a time, could have gone out with a car 50kg underweight and put it on pole for the media exposure then just started in 10th

so has to be back of the grid imvho
Report Littlenicky May 13, 2012 7:47 AM BST
Agree with you 100% f1 fan , they do seem out to get Hamilton. Remember the race at Spa when he beat Kimi and they disqualified him as he cut a chicane even though he let Kimi back past him.
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 8:52 AM BST
I agree the penalty seems harsh but fuel level is so crucial to qualifying it has to be.

I also agree the consistency of stewards decisions is shocking, they really should have the same team of stewards each race and clearer rules about what penalty each type of infringement should attract and whether it should be enforced in race or afterwards.

Bets for today are backing imi for the win which I got before hamiltons demotion at 7.4 and a lay of alonso at 4.6. I think the Ferrari will not be able to match the race pace and tyre preservation of lotus. Jenson is a dark horse here too, he was fast in every session except quali.
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 8:53 AM BST
*Kimi
Report f1 fan May 13, 2012 10:08 AM BST
anyone but alonso..

would be nice to see kimi win tho.
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 10:15 AM BST
If anyone can do it alonso can but 4.6 is too short, imo.  What odds would you back him at?
Report ocukstinky May 13, 2012 11:18 AM BST
I wouldnt back him at anything less than 10s to be brutally honest, that car is a dog. So lucky to win in Malaysia when Perez was bearing down on him by up to a second a lap (yet, the weather was a factor but rain's predicted today too albeit not a huge amount) so I'd leave well alone. Needs a lot to happen to win and tbh that Williams has had very good race pace so Maldonado's my bet - 21 of the last 22 winners has been off the front row if I remember rightly from what was said yesterday so he's the value. Been seriously unlucky so far, could well change today.
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 11:37 AM BST
Yes, precisely.  I wouldn't look at backing at anything lower than 8. Maldonardo is very underrated and think he could be value for the win even though  I've laid him for a podium.  Sounds a bit odd but I think if his pace is really that good he could win, if not he will be overhauled by several other cars. I rather suspect though that he and Lewis caught the track at a good time yesterday which flattered their times.
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 11:40 AM BST
I think drs and the randomness of the tyres make those stats meaningless, btw
Report ocukstinky May 13, 2012 11:43 AM BST
True that, still think 10s is very generous. I'd have him at 6s personally, like I said his race pace has been excellent so far so I don't think yesterday was a total fluke. Gets to the first corner and he might have Alonso backing people up a bit.
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 11:50 AM BST
Agree with many of the posts seems a crazy decision when you think he might have only been a thimble under the 1 Litre 'required'

Stewards very inconsistent Crazy

Artsipappa Sad   

It does seem a crazy market to have a bet in and Zazu makes a fair point stating that anyone could win in the 'betting market' by cheating but keep the winning bet on here and get demoted to a different starting position ....  remember when Alonso jumped the start and kept the win in the 1st lap leader market last season Crazy

... and I've had the 'any other driver' lead the 1st lap only for my 'cert' on the bloke driving the safety car to be deemed not the first lap leader when he fookin was on my telly Angry

MischiefWinkWhoopsBlush

We must be crazy betting on something which can be so out of our control Devil   

Good to see the racing mixed up this season between different tracks / teams / drivers whatever the reasons are for it I think it's safe to say we want unpredictable racing  but predictable betting  Cry

My bets Confused

You must be joking Laugh

Lewis Hamilton First Lap Leader has been nibbled but presume this is speculative on a stewards reversal unless he's going to jump the start in a 'fook you'  gesture Laugh (got to better off getting a drive through than starting from there Confused

Lewis Hamilton race winner market - whoever lumped on 1K @ evens must be Cry

Romain Grosjean / Kimi Raikkonen race winner but odds gone and whoever got pennies on Pastor Maldonado well done and good luck

Be safe on the track Cool and in those markets Devil
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 11:58 AM BST
Lol, please tell me which markets are in our control.....

Good point about the bets matched on Maldonado, there will be some squeaky bums watching the race this afternoon.
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 12:03 PM BST
Fruit and Veg (imo) Laugh
Report xchbaz May 13, 2012 12:10 PM BST
Where is my cash betfair, i layed hammo for overall qualifying, the man is starting at the back after a disqualification having gained an advantage by running on low fuel. pay up please!
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 12:13 PM BST
You bet against him setting the fastest qualifying time
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 12:16 PM BST
Fruit and Veg Wink
Report PierreLaRogue May 13, 2012 12:20 PM BST
I bet on qualifying and on the fastest legal lap, Hamiltons lap was not legal thus is null and void.
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 12:23 PM BST
I have the unfair advantage here of having read the market rules....
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 12:25 PM BST
^ shrewdie catfleppo Cool
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 12:26 PM BST
Whitmarsh just stated that 1.3 Litres left ....  in hindsight they might as well have tried to coast back to the pits and if it was under 1 Litre they'd probably be in the same situation Confused
Report jermaine defonebox May 13, 2012 12:27 PM BST
I think it's great he's now 30 s and it's not as big a disadvantage is it looks could be a 4 stopper
Lewis still to win podium for sure.     Yahoo
Report PierreLaRogue May 13, 2012 12:27 PM BST
He could have gone round in a jetplane and done the fastest lap, but it doesn't make it legal, if the terms state thats ok then the terms are massively flawed.
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 12:31 PM BST
Or the batmobile Mischief
Report PierreLaRogue May 13, 2012 12:36 PM BST
If you bet on Hamilton to win qualifying, you've lost now pay up imo, hamiltons last fastest lap was an "illegal" lap and does not count.
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 12:39 PM BST
Alonso's first lap leader last season when he jumped the start .... was an 'illegal' win but they paid out Wink
Report PierreLaRogue May 13, 2012 12:42 PM BST
Was he disqualified? was his position adjusted? I don't know the details of that incident.
Report book May 13, 2012 12:43 PM BST
what would have happened if hamilton had made it back to the pits ? do they all get checked for fuel ?
Report LazyRamper May 13, 2012 12:49 PM BST
Was he disqualified?

DQ from qualifying entirely.

I assume the Stewards felt that the team had enough time/information that they could have aborted his second qualifying lap, but they instead tried to cheat.
Report Dobin the horse May 13, 2012 12:51 PM BST
who we on then, fancy kimi and pos vettal with the tyres
Report PierreLaRogue May 13, 2012 12:53 PM BST
If they don't make it back and they are not checked then they haven't qualified, even if someone won qualifying and then was disqualified for some infringement and place to back of grid then i can accept you still should be paid out for that. But Hamiltons last fastest lap was totally illegal and just doesn't count full stop, its a null lap and the market should never have been settled until that had been investigated. Do betfair payout horse racing before a stewards inquiry is settled? no, so why did they settle before the issue was settled? total incompetence imo.
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 12:56 PM BST
PierreLaRogue Alonso had a drive through penalty in the race but won the first lap leader market

Book  All have to provide a sample but might not have been penalised as heavily for a low sample ..... Confused

As with many things the team made a decision at the that time that subsequently proved to be poor but the Stewards are inconsistent is the main problem (imo)

Start your engines Excited
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 2:46 PM BST
Well done ocukstinky, good call!
Report ocukstinky May 13, 2012 2:52 PM BST
Cheers mate, had another cheeky £20 at 4/1 in-running as well, covered myself towards the end with a £15 saver on Kimi at 10s and £30 on Alonso at 4/1, just in case. Not gonna turn my nose up at £295 profit!
Report Virgin May 13, 2012 3:02 PM BST
catfleppo you dominated that market well done Wink
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 3:05 PM BST
Lol, I hope no one copied me!  I was rooting for Maldonado even though I'd laid him for the podium because an alonso win would have been a cooker buster  as I'd laid him again in running!
Report catfleppo May 13, 2012 3:05 PM BST
*conker
Report suitcase May 13, 2012 7:35 PM BST
with hamilton winning pole and then being placed last for some petty reason,this has happened before,do the f1 bosses think he is some kind of ****.
Report worcesterwilly May 14, 2012 12:03 PM BST
rules are rules

Hamilton and McLaren broke the rules

SIMPLES...
Report f1 fan May 17, 2012 6:07 PM BST
hamilton should have jumped the lights by 5 seconds, straight down the middle get into the lead and scarper of into the distance, and then just get a drive through on about lap 10 once the stewards had decided what to do. would have been easier than fighting through the packCrazy
Report Help2 June 1, 2012 12:44 PM BST

May 17, 2012 -- 12:07PM, f1 fan wrote:

hamilton should have jumped the lights by 5 seconds, straight down the middle get into the lead and scarper of into the distance, and then just get a drive through on about lap 10 once the stewards had decided what to do. would have been easier than fighting through the pack

hehe so true:)Laugh

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com