Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Zazu
23 Feb 12 06:44
| Topic/replies: 7,313 | Blogger: Zazu's blog
My money is on Jonny Rea to be world champ Cool

Although if it stays dry im fully expecting checa to do the double at philip island this weekend.
Show More
Report stinnkymonkey February 24, 2012 11:19 AM GMT
I just hope its better than last years snooze fest,used to be my favourite class a few years back when Bayliss,Haga and Toseland were racing.

Jonny Rea looks a good shout but he does seem to like the odd high speed get off though so staying injury free is paramount.
Report Zazu February 25, 2012 7:08 AM GMT
ive backed biaggi 7/1 ew for race 1

Checa should win though

Superpole cancelled after death in support race. rea starts p8, sykes pole
Report Pounf February 26, 2012 12:28 AM GMT
Checa blitzed them in Warm Up, tyre wear in this heat going to be massive
Report __JC_GT__ February 26, 2012 1:14 AM GMT
Checa Goneskis!
Report Zazu February 26, 2012 7:44 AM GMT
waking up to profit Cool
Report Pounf February 26, 2012 12:34 PM GMT
Gutted, backed Checa to win the first race at 15/8, he was in front when he high sided and was thrown through the air like a rag doll. I thought, no way at his age is that not gonna hurt, so was reticent about backing him in Race 2...doh !
Report Zazu February 26, 2012 3:13 PM GMT
how unworld is WSBKs!!

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/calendar-e-circuits.html

only leave europe again once this season Shocked
Report Pounf February 29, 2012 3:39 AM GMT
Going to Russia and havent they just signed for India or somehwere similar
Report Zazu March 6, 2012 10:15 AM GMT
Moscow is in europe. They should be going everywhere Mischief

Cant see past biaggi for the championship btw
Report Pounf March 6, 2012 7:04 PM GMT
der I know Moscow is in Europe, but its breaking a boundary was my point.

Hope youre wrong on the Biaggi front.
Report Zazu April 21, 2012 11:05 AM BST
assen

on/off rain all weekend. biaggi blundered in qually yesterday and a wet track today meant he couldnt improve therefore he hasnt not made superpole Laugh
Report Zazu May 13, 2012 8:20 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUDV6rbxruU

great racing at donny today in both races.

bmw 1-2 in race 1, then in race 2 they were 1-2 going into the last corner and ended up colliding Laugh
Report Shalimah May 16, 2012 3:43 PM BST
Checa is 11/4 with Lads. and P P. It looks a massive rick to me, should do the double this weekend.
Report Zazu May 16, 2012 4:16 PM BST
no way id be backing at 11/4. He might double at miller but that still won't be enough imo. he'll get killed at the fast circuits this year. 2bmws, a kawasaki, at least one aprillia and a honda taking points off him

he's currently on 97.5 points - last year from the same rounds he accumulated 186 (inc 13 from monza)
Report Shalimah May 16, 2012 11:52 PM BST
Fair points Zazu but he did win the championship last year by about 100 points from the works Yam. of melandri ( no works Yams this year and a further 100 pts back to Max in 3rd ( tbf Max missed 5 races) .
If he was on 186 pts at this stage last year it means he scored another 319 pts in the races yet to come including
doubles at the next 2 rounds.

The opposition.

Sykes  cosistently fast in qualy and early part of race, consistently loses places as race progresses, too hard on rubber.

Melandri Top class rider on extremely quick bike that looks to have made a step forward this year however BMW only just gained one win so far (should have been 2 on Sunday) they also struggle with tyres late in race at some tracks

Haslam  as above

Rea top class rider. riding the nuts off an ageing honda that is not up to winning the championship

Max  Max is a one off, is he as good as he was even last year, i am not sure. Is the bike any better than last year when it was not good enough, i dont think so.

Checa wiil be short Fav. at Miller and Miasano. barring mishaps i think he will be nearer evens for the championship after the next two rounds.

Right or wrong i have played larger than normal.
Report Zazu May 17, 2012 6:32 AM BST
BMW looks awesome at the minute. only 1 win but should have double 1-2 at donnington, assen was wet and monza wet/cancelled when they had dominated dry practice

philip island and imola are perfect for ducati. he might win the next 4 races but i think miller and esp misano will be more competitive this year. plus it might be bad weather etc

if he is evens after them ill be having a huge bet on someone else considering next up are aragon and brno!

last year if it was a bad circuit for aprillia/ducati theyd still finish on podium. This year theyll be losing much bigger points becasue of the competitiveness of championship.
Report Zazu May 17, 2012 6:40 AM BST
ps if i had to name the championship winner id probably go with checa. but only just so dont think 11/4 is particularly big
Report Shalimah May 25, 2012 12:02 AM BST
Ooops V C gone 3/1. This is going to be expensive if i am wrong.
Report Zazu May 25, 2012 1:49 PM BST
v c opened at 5/2 for race 1 miller, now 2/1

id much rather be on that than 3/1 for the championship
Report Pounf May 26, 2012 7:40 PM BST
Supposed to be dry earlier in the week, and Checa was a good shout, it still looks ok for Monday though its raining now
Report Zazu May 27, 2012 12:43 AM BST
second practice was dry

bsb is probably my fav series at present and tomorrow looks stupidly competitive Cool
Report Pounf May 27, 2012 11:22 AM BST
I like Shaky for it, but as you say, its quite open.
Report Shalimah May 28, 2012 3:51 PM BST
championship.
Fingers crossed his tyres last better than the others.

GL
Report Shalimah May 28, 2012 3:55 PM BST
supposed to say, i think you are right Zazu, the 5/2 for the race looks a better bet, i missed it but had a small bet at 2/1
G L
Report scarecrow May 28, 2012 7:02 PM BST
has todays race started if so wtf are eurosport doing Devil
Report Pounf May 28, 2012 10:30 PM BST
Eurosport f***ing useless, tennis on TWO channels, and they couldnt take one off for 40 minutes even though they were scheduled to  - absolute joke. They got plenty of stick on twitter.
Report scarecrow May 28, 2012 10:50 PM BST
well done pounf,i suspect the checa backer for a lump at 1.16 in race 2 here is spewing,another start to make and we all know if anything bad is going to happen its liable to be then.
Report Pounf May 28, 2012 10:54 PM BST
Tommy Hill whinged at them on twitter, Foggy was swearing and kicking his dog. I backed Checa  to beat Melandri at 4/7 in Race 2 and it was a question of how far
Report scarecrow May 28, 2012 11:12 PM BST
ffs these marshalls are useless what a palaver of a small spillage.
Report scarecrow May 29, 2012 12:13 AM BST
i feel sorry for you pounf,i just had a feeling checa would crash not sure why.
Report Zazu May 29, 2012 9:57 AM BST
i backed checa and did a small hill/checa double. both won race 1  easy then dnf'd race 2 Laugh

melandris world champhionship to lose now imo. 

eurosport have form for this kind of behaviour Devil
they always overrun tennis into superpole or free practices. i could understand if its a big game but usually its world number 800 vs a rookie in some tinpot tournamnet Cry
Report Pounf May 29, 2012 2:49 PM BST
Superb ride by Rea - but the BMW was killing him in the straight. Checa has now thrown away 50pts this season - doh !
Report Zazu June 7, 2012 1:12 PM BST
markets don't seem to share my view of BMWs ability Confused

was going to back melandri for misano but have opted for haslam at much bigger price instead
Report Zazu June 10, 2012 11:59 AM BST
bmw with huge tyre issues. p12 and p 17 Cry
Report Zazu June 25, 2012 6:53 PM BST
ARAGON - i cant have checa at 15/8  fav  Shocked

Id be all over the BMWs if Misano wasnt such a disaster. cant back biaggi at just 2/1 Cry
Report Zazu June 30, 2012 6:27 AM BST
Checa now 7/1

Melandri and Biaggi looked good yesterday. I liked the BMWs so I backed Haslam Cry

Done Sykes for Superpole. Thought 2/1 was massive but for some reason ive got big doubts now Mischief
Report Zazu June 30, 2012 3:27 PM BST
sykes on superpole by a mere 7/10ths Cool

with tyre wear going to be huge biaggis race to lose imvho
Report Pounf June 30, 2012 10:10 PM BST
Wicked Pole lap by Sykes. He`ll sprint clear and then get caught. If I could get the 8/1 e/w for 3 places I might be tempted.
Report scarecrow July 1, 2012 10:57 AM BST
i fancy melandri today myself gl all with your picks.
Report scarecrow July 1, 2012 11:29 AM BST
by the way who in their right mind has layed biaggi at 100 and 260 on here in race1 ShockedShocked
Report Zazu July 1, 2012 11:45 AM BST
good racing at the front.

haslam  Devil
Report scarecrow July 1, 2012 11:47 AM BST
max wins just as melandris tyre went off in the last few laps,i thought with the cooler conditions today it may have lasted,although there was lots of chances to trade out of the starting position a ridiculously low odds on marco at times.
Report scarecrow July 1, 2012 11:53 AM BST
sadly as the day goes on the air and track temps are almost sure to rise making it even harder for anyone to match max in race two.
Report scarecrow July 1, 2012 1:32 PM BST
anyone watching the supersport race sofalogu tried to nut foret at 185mph on the straight,what a loony Shocked
Report Pounf July 1, 2012 1:53 PM BST
Sofuoglu  !!! Unbelievable  - at 200mph he tries to give Foret a Glasgow kiss !!
Report scarecrow July 1, 2012 3:12 PM BST
great race excellent viewing
Report Pounf July 1, 2012 4:04 PM BST
Another cracker, Race 2 especially. We`ve been spoilt this weekend with the Moto3 yesterday and this today.
Great effort by Davies to get in the frame.
Report Zazu July 2, 2012 9:54 AM BST
great racing.

Honda and Yamaha need to take a reality pill in motogp because WSBKs is far better at the moment Angry

has anyone been to aragon?
Report Zazu July 18, 2012 11:08 AM BST
Checa joint fav at Brno Confused

Biaggi vs Melandri pick'em for me
Report Pounf July 22, 2012 9:11 AM BST
Wet warm up at Brno. Wished I`d waited until now to punt. I thought it would be dry. Lets hope it dries up
Report Zazu July 22, 2012 12:01 PM BST
melandri won race 1

2 kawasakis join him on podium Shocked
Report Pounf July 22, 2012 11:15 PM BST
Never seen a race like Race 1 before, the number of lines the riders were using was incredible.
Had a good day in the end. Melandri and Byrne were easy to back. Was surprised by Baz in race 1 and Sykes in race 2. I backed Melandri in running at 4/6 in race 2 (thought it was a barmy price he was 2nd with Sykes in front) Sykes rode a blinder and made me sweat !
Report Pounf August 2, 2012 1:32 AM BST
Silverstone this weekend, looking forward to it. Can Sykesy transfer his one lap pace to race pace, came a bit closer last time. Checa did the double last year, Melandri is on fire, and the other home riders wont leave anything behind. The only guy I dont fancy is Biaggi, I get the feeling finishing near the top without risk rather than at the top with risk could be his strategy.
Will wait for the prices before having a bet
Report Zazu August 2, 2012 8:00 AM BST
i dont see that at all. he is only 21 points ahead of melandri

wet weather forecast Cool
Report Pounf August 2, 2012 8:48 AM BST
The wet is precisely why I think Biaggi wont risk a dnf.
Report Zazu August 4, 2012 11:12 AM BST
supersports currently running in the wet. had a dabble on guintoli for pole
Report Zazu August 4, 2012 4:11 PM BST
liked the look of smrz 40/1 yesterday but only had £5 as saver Cry
Report Zazu August 5, 2012 1:47 PM BST
Loris BAZ 45/1

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Cool
Report Pounf August 6, 2012 8:38 AM BST
Well done Zaz, an act of faith in the weather gods has smiled on you !
Some barmy prices for Race 2 around the place saved the day.
Report Zazu August 6, 2012 11:16 AM BST
I was going to lump on checa race2 until black clouds appeared in the background at about 3.15 Laugh

for race 2 had a bit on smrz 66/1, annoyed i didnt back keep faith with guintoli Mischief
Report Pounf August 6, 2012 11:43 AM BST
Yes Guinters was 30 at the same place as Smrz 66 barmy prices, I had a bit of both. It makes you wonder whether they watch Race 1 or just look at the results sheet. Both had the wrong tyres.
Report Pounf August 6, 2012 11:44 AM BST
I agree if no rain the 10/3  Checa was the bet for Race 2
Report scarecrow August 6, 2012 5:19 PM BST
some very strange racing,i have never seen a race ever like race 1 and i have watched my share over the past, well i am not saying how many years Wink.race two was also very exciting due to the rain.as mentioned some of the prices around were huge in weather like that,i suppose there is probably more knowledge on the forum than the odds compilers for the firms have on lesser known sports and thats how gambling can pay if you put the work in.
Report Pounf August 6, 2012 7:55 PM BST
Result for Race 2 still under discussion in certain places. Good job firms pay out on the Podium, we could be here weeks waiting otherwise.
Report bb66 August 13, 2012 11:55 AM BST
Just watched replay of Silverstone race 1 after 'returning' from Olympics, really exciting, what were Checa's lowest odds?
Report Zazu August 25, 2012 1:48 PM BST
was going to back checa for superpole. thought it started at 2pm Mischief
Report scarecrow August 26, 2012 8:17 AM BST
checa will be hard to beat today,on this twisty track.it plays right into the ducati's strength's as a motorcycle.i have had a couple of quid on his team mate giugliano at 20/1 on here as that was to big a price imho as he looks one of the few that can threaten checa round here.
Report scarecrow August 26, 2012 8:49 AM BST
damp track in race one in moscow hmmm that changes things a bit!!!,tyre choice looks crucial.
Report scarecrow August 26, 2012 9:07 AM BST
checa crashed c'mon davide Grin
Report bb66 August 26, 2012 9:08 AM BST
suspended instead of put in playCry
Report scarecrow August 26, 2012 9:13 AM BST
i know hopeless service,very annoying Devil
Report scarecrow August 26, 2012 9:13 AM BST
i know hopeless service,very annoying Devil
Report Zazu August 26, 2012 9:56 AM BST
what happened to baz Devil

on bet 365 sykes was 7/10 with 7 laps to go Confused
Report Zazu September 22, 2012 8:29 AM BST
I think theres been a huge over reaction to one quick lap from melandri in q1.

Ive backed biaggi but got a feeling this maybe the weeked where sykes comes good....
Report Zazu September 23, 2012 2:37 PM BST
Sykes could win the championship Laugh

BSB - has anyone got a video link for Tommy Hills crash when making his way to the grid today? Scared
Report Zazu October 5, 2012 8:45 AM BST
I seriously hope the new deal Dorna/Infront deal will improve both championship.

WSBK crowds and media coverage is currently a joke
Report Pounf October 5, 2012 8:23 PM BST
I just hope this ends weekends when they clash.
Report Zazu October 7, 2012 12:20 PM BST
cant wait for race 2

3 riders still in the title hunt Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com