Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sridout92
21 Feb 12 19:09
| Topic/replies: 1,643 | Blogger: sridout92's blog
Vettel at 2's has to be one of the lays of the year, for 2 seasons he has had it all his own way yes, but a 3 time consecutive world champion? I think not! also as the season goes on that will reach 4's and 5's even if hes up there or abouts in  my eyes! this has to be a cracking Lay even if its a lay to back! also Di Resta at 300! got to have a pop at that for fun!
Pause Switch to Standard View Vettel Lay of the year?!?
Show More
Report fkqmz February 22, 2012 11:08 AM GMT
Laugh you'd be brave to back against red bull as it stands now, the car looks tidy and has visibly more rear grip than the ferrari or the mclaren. In fact the closest package to it at the 1st test seemed to be the Lotus and theyre not out of test 2 with serious chassis manufacturing issues!

Waht happens if, like last year, vettel wins 4 of the first 5 races and is leading the championship by 30-50 points? you're never going to see the 2.0 again!
Report sridout92 February 22, 2012 10:49 PM GMT
what happens if he spins in the first round? its all about risks, just cant see Vettel winning 3 in a row! no-one should be evens in my eyes, apart from MS in his prime!
Report Zazu February 23, 2012 7:41 AM GMT
I think the price is right.

If red bull is fastest and he spins in the first race he'd stil be about evens.
last year 19 races:

18 front row starts, 15 poles. 17 podiums, 11 wins

Having said that id much rather be backing casey at evens in motogp.
Report catfleppo February 23, 2012 4:27 PM GMT
I have laid him just because I think in general too much is assumed based on last season's results.  Both mclarens drivers are very pleased with the car, Mercedes are capable of springing a surprise and lotus have looked dangerous too.  And you couldn't write off alonso if he was driving an Austin Allegro.
Report sridout92 February 23, 2012 10:46 PM GMT
Last season noone won 3 races in a row, FACT, i just cant see there being a 3 time consecutive world champion in the modern day, also Webber is driving the same Red Bull
Report Zazu February 24, 2012 7:39 AM GMT
vettel won 3 races in a row twice last year Confused
and 5 from 6 in the 2 runs

i dont think evens is a particularly good bet but your reasoning of not being able to see a 3 time consecutive champ s highly flawed imvho
Report sridout92 February 25, 2012 2:10 PM GMT
i read somewhere that he didnt Confused
Report lauriehulse March 5, 2012 12:13 PM GMT
mark webber surley value at 18.5 in the same car...? remeber 2010 season...
Report f1 fan March 10, 2012 10:46 PM GMT
if vettle had a team mate who could take some point off him then he would be a fantastic lay bet for 2012, his only real rivals will be the 2 mclarens who will battle it out themselves to the end and will aid vettle.
Report GPT March 11, 2012 6:28 AM GMT
"mark webber surley value at 18.5 in the same car...?"

It's not the same car though is it that's Marks problem.
Report Savetheherd March 11, 2012 3:31 PM GMT
He has every advantage - he is firmly ensconced as the no.1 driver at Red-Bull, his single lap speed and race form was phenomenal last year, his main rivals will cut each other throats, Red-Bull are a seriously professional operation, Red-Bull look like they have a decent machine this year etc etc etc.
Report therhino March 12, 2012 9:27 AM GMT
Vettel was as dominant a sportsman as there was on the planet last season. All that glitters is not gold, he is evens for a reason. I think laying him is rather silly but hey, good luck to you. Lay of the year though? You've already lost, whenever a thread is titled 'free money' or 'lay of the year', you just know whats going to happen...
Report pavagx March 12, 2012 10:48 AM GMT
For the first race sure
Report Zazu March 12, 2012 1:25 PM GMT
im beginning to envisage vettel just driving off into the distance in oz as seen throughout 2011. I hope im wrong Plain
Report fkqmz March 13, 2012 11:01 PM GMT
as usual - you are Grin
Report stevie_p March 15, 2012 11:46 PM GMT
im going to give a cynical slant on why i think its a value bet.
mr murdoch and mr ecclestone do not make money from a season like 2011. viewers will walk if the seasons boring and over by europe and the afternoon schedules.
this is a massive year for F1 and i dont trust money and the corruption.
would not surprise me if we have televisual gold and the most exciting season ever running to the wire
Report RAPS March 17, 2012 7:27 AM GMT
yep, was a great lay indeed.

out to 3.4 already
Report therhino March 17, 2012 12:30 PM GMT
3.65, well played. Could be 5s in no time, a Mclaren 1-2 finish after a 1-2 qualify will see a big shift toward Lewis.
Report f1 fan March 17, 2012 12:42 PM GMT
average drive + no 2 second advantage per lap = 6th sport  & great lay Grin

layed him last week, back him today, all green now. only dissapointment is waiting till november for the g'teed winnings
Report Zazu March 17, 2012 12:58 PM GMT
think this weekend has made red bull look worse than it actually is. if you take into account webber not having kers in q3 and had comprehensively vettel mullered him throughout last year....

but at least we wont be seeing him just walk off into the distance Excited
Report GPT March 17, 2012 1:21 PM GMT
Well done,not so good without a much quicker car than anybody else is he.
Report Burton-Brewers March 17, 2012 3:58 PM GMT
should make for an interesting season. I wouldn't write Vettel off yet though, he admitted he had made a mistake but he still seemed pretty happy with it. He'll still make a few podiums I think.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com