Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
T.M.O
25 Nov 11 11:22
| Topic/replies: 36,800 | Blogger: T.M.O's blog
Sky Sports is to launch a dedicated channel for its new in-depth Formula 1 coverage, taking viewers under the skin of the sport.

Starting in March 2012, Sky Sports F1 HD will get Sky customers closer than ever, with more action, analysis and information - on their TV, online and mobile devices - throughout the season.

This new home of Formula 1 will be the only place to enjoy live coverage of the whole Grand Prix season, including all practice and qualifying sessions and every race in the calendar.

From its launch, Sky Sports F1 HD will give viewers:

EVERY RACE LIVE: From March to November, every moment of each race will be live in HD, without the interruption of adverts.

LIVE PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING: Every practice and qualifying session for each Grand Prix will be shown live on one channel, Sky Sports F1 HD.

THE FULL SEASON IN-DEPTH: Over nine months, viewers will have a wealth of programmes with in-depth interviews, archive action and weekly magazine shows.

EXTRA LIVE CONTENT: Through Sky's interactive service, fans can follow the action through on-board cameras, go behind the scenes with the teams in the pits, and follow race data, to take them further inside the sport.

The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels. It will be found at 408 in Sky's on-screen guide, after a scheduled move of the Sky Sports channels. Sky Sports viewers without the Sky+ HD pack will receive a standard definition version.

Sky Sports F1 HD viewers can also follow the action wherever they are with all live coverage on Sky Go, through online, mobile or tablet devices, at no extra charge.
SKY SPORTS F1 HD
Click here for more info

Announcing the new channel, Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, said: "Formula 1 followers are hungry for more and we want to give them the ultimate experience. It's not just every minute of every race but a channel devoted to Formula 1.

"We can now tell the whole story of the season, from every Grand Prix, from start to finish. Formula 1 will get the full Sky Sports treatment. We have big plans for live shows and a rich line-up of Formula 1 programmes; getting to the drivers, exploring the technology and lapping up the drama.

"With a dedicated channel for Formula 1 we can also give all sports fans the depth and breadth of sports they demand every weekend, right through the year."

Jeremy Darroch, Sky's Chief Executive, added: "This brand new channel again proves Sky's commitment to investing in the best content for customers. It will give even more value to Sky customers and create another reason for others to consider pay TV.

"This is another example of the value we are creating for customers through our content leadership. It follows the recent launch of other high-quality new channels like Sky Atlantic and Sky 3D as well as our growing commitment to UK original content in areas such as drama, comedy and the arts."
Pause Switch to Standard View SKY TO HAVE DEDICATED F1 CHANNEL
Show More
Report fkqmz November 25, 2011 1:21 PM GMT
this is all very nice - and i mean that, its good news. but i'd rather see them covering GP2 and GP3 properly than providing all sorts of snazzy F1 coverage.
Report GPT November 25, 2011 2:51 PM GMT
The clue is in the title stinky "F1 Channel" not GP"/GP3 HTH.
Report brentford November 25, 2011 2:59 PM GMT
Must admit that whilst I'm not quite on the same page on some issues as fk'

I'd be more impressed by proper GP2 and GP3 coverage -
That said they are hardly likely to be courting the converted market ...so 20 mins highlights on SS4 at midnight may be considered luxury Plain
Report T.M.O November 25, 2011 3:53 PM GMT
be interseting to see who they have presenting and commentating

i expect most of the bbc team will stay there as they have half the races

jake has already confirmed hes staying
Report fkqmz November 25, 2011 4:59 PM GMT
i've heard a rumour david croft will be commentating on sky. that would be a seriously shrewd move!
Report fkqmz November 25, 2011 5:02 PM GMT
the thing is, if sky start showing gp2, it will be 2-3 races before the regular f1 fans are hooked on it - because its really entertaining. I cant be bothered to find the link but its easy to find the gp2 race 2 from abu dhabi on you tube. watch that and you'll see what i mean!
Report T.M.O November 25, 2011 10:01 PM GMT
In 2012, the BBC will broadcast live coverage of the Grands Prix in China (April 15), Spain (May 13), Monaco (May 27), Europe (June 24), Britain (July 8), Belgium (September 2), Singapore (April 23), Korea (October 14), Abu Dhabi (November 4), and Brazil (November 25). The coverage will be available on BBC One and in high definition on BBC One HD and BBC HD

beeb missing out on first race of the season in aus, and the texas gp

i'll be watching them all on sky anyway
Report T.M.O November 25, 2011 10:14 PM GMT
from what i have read, brundle are croft are heavily rumoured to be moving to sky

steve rider has apparently signed for sky. he is in brazil this weekend. this might be as the lead presenter, or doing other f1 shows for sky

mansell is also rumoured
Report T.M.O November 25, 2011 10:17 PM GMT
simon lazenby also rumoured for the presenter role - apparently he does the rugby on sky
Report T.M.O November 25, 2011 10:19 PM GMT
ted kravitz also rumored to be going to sky
Report fkqmz November 26, 2011 5:45 PM GMT
i'll watch whatever coulthard isn't on, he's becoming very annoyoing now.

and the texas gp

cancelled i think. contract holders didn't want to pay apparently.
Report GPT November 26, 2011 5:54 PM GMT
Agreed he seems to have a can of Red Bull stuck in his throat,Bernie has shafted Texas good and proper.
Report T.M.O November 26, 2011 6:53 PM GMT
so does turkey stay? or a 19 race season?
Report T.M.O November 27, 2011 10:09 AM GMT
Martin Brundle has announced he is joining Sky Sports F1 HD from next season.

" I need to commentate on every race live. Recorded and delayed sports television doesn't give me the adrenalin fix I crave."
Martin Brundle
Quotes of the week
The commentator has confirmed he is to switch to Sky's dedicated Formula 1 channel, which will show every race in the calendar live, as well as all practice and qualifying sessions.

Sky Sports is to show each Grand Prix without the interruption of adverts and Brundle said that was a key element of his decision to switch from the BBC.

And he is also excited by Sky's commitment to bringing technical innovation to their coverage of the sport.

"In 2012 I will be working with Sky Sports F1 television," Brundle told the Sunday Times.

"The fact that their newly-announced and dedicated F1 channel will have no in-race advertising was a key factor, but most importantly I need to commentate on every race live. Recorded and delayed sports television doesn't give me the adrenalin fix I crave.

"There will also be more airtime for the technical features I so enjoy crafting. It's been a privilege to be part of the BBC team, but now I have a new motivation and challenge."
Report Taylor's world November 27, 2011 10:33 AM GMT
Feel the power of sky and enjoy, they will hype the sport into a frenzy!

Can't wait
Report Taylor's world November 27, 2011 10:33 AM GMT
Feel the power of sky and enjoy, they will hype the sport into a frenzy!

Can't wait
Report Zazu November 27, 2011 12:46 PM GMT
bernie doesnt need texas now he has new york. hence why he is happy to screw them over unless he gets everything on his terms

the tv channel will just be ab machine adverts all morning then repeats of last nights f1 shows in the afternoon Crazy
Report fkqmz December 7, 2011 11:55 AM GMT
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96673

confirmed to sky
croft Happy
brundle Cry
davidson Happy
kravitz Plain
natalie pinkham (has decent google pics Happy)
simon lazenby Confused
steve rider Plain
Report T.M.O December 7, 2011 12:25 PM GMT
yep all confirmed

simon lazenby - presenter
brundle - comms
croft - comms
davidson - comms in practice sessions
pinkham - pitlane
kravitz - pitlane, and presenting a weekly magazine show
georgie thompson - co presenting weekly show
steve rider - legend interviews and stuff
Report Zazu December 7, 2011 8:00 PM GMT
absolutely hated georgie thompson during the A1 coverage. brings nothing but an above face to the show imvho
Report worcesterwilly December 8, 2011 10:11 AM GMT
One word.....

ADVERTS!

Lets hope Sky do better than ITV in that respect...

In fairness Sky do handle adverts cleverly in sports like Cricket.....

Their Speedway coverage is excellent BUT how are they going to fit in adverts in a 90 minute F1 race without affecting live streaming??...
Report Pounf December 8, 2011 11:15 AM GMT
Insomniacs are over the moon with the thought of a dedicated F1 channel, Glaxo and other pharmaceutical companies will take the hit, with a drop in sales of sleeping pills.
Report Zazu December 8, 2011 1:11 PM GMT
worcesterwilly theyve already said the race will be inunterrupted coverage.

sky movies are longer than f1 races and dont have adverts Crazy
Report T.M.O December 8, 2011 1:23 PM GMT
NO ADVERTS DURING THE RACE

wrestlemania is 4 hours long with no adverts
Report worcesterwilly December 8, 2011 3:33 PM GMT
Pounf and Zazu - fair point but - Wrestlemania I presume is subscription as are many movies....

If they can do uninterrupted races then fair play to them....

How long before Sky buy/buy a share in an F1 team and logo it I wonder....

Williams perhaps??...
Report worcesterwilly December 8, 2011 3:35 PM GMT
sorry - point I was making is that with pay per view events they dont need the saturation adverts as they get revenue from the ppv.

Lets just hope it is superior to the jingo-istic clap trap we had from ITV....
Report T.M.O December 8, 2011 11:19 PM GMT
EVERY RACE LIVE: From March to November, every moment of each race will be live in HD, without the interruption of adverts.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com