Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
$$$
24 Oct 11 12:00
| Topic/replies: 246 | Blogger: $$$'s blog
My thoughts go out to all those affected by Sunday's race. The world has lost one of the most talented riders.
Pause Switch to Standard View Marco Simoncelli RIP
Show More
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer October 27, 2011 12:21 PM BST
marcmartintw Marc Martín
by lorenzo99
The circuit of San Marino will be renamed "Marco Simoncelli Circuit". The number 58 will be remove from the World Championship.
28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Report sniperAYR October 27, 2011 2:01 PM BST
Ciao Marco..Fond memorys of many great rides.You will never be forgotten.
Report Zazu October 27, 2011 8:18 PM BST
does anyone have a video link to rossi riding out simoncellis bike at the end of the funeral?
Report Zazu October 27, 2011 8:24 PM BST
just found one of him wheeling it out
Report Pounf October 27, 2011 10:31 PM BST
It wouldnt surprise me if Rossi packed it in
Report worcesterwilly October 28, 2011 1:02 PM BST
I agree - Rossi has absolutely nothing to prove to anyone any more ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS imho....

Why risk life and limb at an age when his reflexes will start to diminish..

I'm sure he will have plenty of offers - he has clearly missed the FI Boat but could make a nice living in DTM if cars take his fancy or basically anything else he decided to venture in to...
Report Zazu October 28, 2011 2:20 PM BST
why would rossi retire? Confused

he's already come out and say he won't, all the TT riders dont retire when theres a death.

when he does retire I think he'll head more into rallying. look what happened to kubica there!
Report worcesterwilly October 28, 2011 2:27 PM BST
with respect I dont think you can equate ANY modern Moto GP or Superbike rider with those who take part in the TT or any other Road Race.

The two spheres have totally segmented over the past 20 years or so to the extent that even on the domestic scene with the obvious exception of Michael Rutter (hardly a young man) it is hard to think of anyone who has winning experience at both.

Certainly on the Global stage modern riders are totally ring-fenced from the kind of inherent dangers you will find on the IoM or other road circuits.......hence the shock when something happens like it tragically did last Sunday...

Rallying too is far safer and more antisceptic than the days of the super-charged kit cars of the 1980's and 1990's...

There is danger in any form of motor sport but I think Rossi may decide that now is the time to make a career change...
Report GPT October 28, 2011 7:15 PM BST
Littlewilly it's clear you have never raced anything in your life.
Report worcesterwilly October 29, 2011 10:10 AM BST
GPT - I would bet my last dollar I have both on 2 wheels and 4...
Report GPT October 29, 2011 7:12 PM BST
But you are skintLaugh
Report Pounf October 30, 2011 12:58 PM GMT
How about Rossi not racing at Valencia ? His head must be spinning, and he and Simoncelli are on the same points in jt 6th. He may think thats something he doesnt want to alter.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com