Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PierreLaRogue
19 Oct 11 17:57
| Topic/replies: 1,408 | Blogger: PierreLaRogue's blog
In my opinion they have ruined the sport and made it 10x more boring  than it was in schumacher days all to try and make it more competitive, now its less competitive than ever, great job, ruin a sport with rule changes, now they doing it with horseracing too, this is progress? ffs

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 22
By:
bb66
When: 19 Oct 11 19:12
IMO the races this year were the best we've seen for years, overtakings not only caused by DRS, and though Vettel was dominant over the season the races were not in a taxi driver manner like Schu was able to do often after the Hakkinen fights.
By:
fkqmz
When: 20 Oct 11 09:27
thanks pierre for that fascinating and intelligent look int othe current state of formula 1. i have a ball....... perhaps you'd like to bounce it ?
By:
Zazu
When: 20 Oct 11 09:58
only ever get small hauls fishing on motorsports forum Silly

If vettel wasnt so unbelievably good it would have been one of the best seasons ever
By:
GPT
When: 20 Oct 11 14:13
Plenty of good racing unfortunately Red Bull have a car at least a second quicker than anyone else.
By:
fkqmz
When: 20 Oct 11 17:14
Laugh
By:
PierreLaRogue
When: 22 Oct 11 19:13
I don't care about overtaking, how does overtaking with special aids make it more interesting? it doesn't for me, im not fishing, overtaking with some turbo boost requires no skill imo, its BORING, no fuel stops no strategy its boring as hell. But i guess this is what the mass imbeciles call entertainment, the same sort of morons that would like to ban whips from horseracing and the same morons who think women tennis should be paid equal.

Best seasons ever? you must be all 12 yr olds who have never seen real racing, I've been watching 20ys+ and this season has been total garbage.
By:
bb66
When: 23 Oct 11 11:33
I'm watching F1 for 40 years, this year less than 50% of overtakings were induced by DRS. Tactics by fuel stops were ridiculous and the refuelling was very dangerous, tactics by tyre management are more interesting since the driver plays a bigger part in it, you're totally wrong!
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 23 Oct 11 14:50
PierreLaRouge is 100% correct imo

They've killed the sport, they got away with it slightly in the 2010 season because the championship battle was intriguing but this year has been terrible.

Doing away with refuelling has made the sport much less entertaining without a doubt. We no longer have drivers on a 3/4 stop strategy blazing through the pack and its taken a lot of the mystery out of F1. If a car gets away from Pole ok then it wins the race now because all the cars are the same pace throughout the race. The tyre wear hasnt been nowhere near as significant as they thought it might.
As for refuelling being unsafe - how many drivers or mechanics have been badly injured in the last 20 years from refuelling? Non. The worst we have seen is a few drivers taking the hose down the pit lane with them, to stop this all you require is a simple device whereas the the accelarator doesnt become 'active' until the hose has disconnected. And besides, motorsport is supposed to be dangerous, its fast paced and high speed and everyone involved is well payed and consenting. We dont want to see people dieing but the risk is making it that safe that it is no longer entertaining.

The other factor is the tracks they are now going towards. Gone are the historic interesting tracks like Imola and the old Hockenhiem. We know have Malaysia, Abu Dhabi,Korea, China ect. Tracks so open and boring that a driver can make a mistake at 200mph and just drive down a big run off area before re-joining. This may be because Bernie's chasing the money but people wont want to invest in F1 when the viewing figures are a tenth of what they used to be.

Indycars took some stick this week in the aftermath of Dan Wheldons tragic death but you cant fault them for providing excitment. You get more passing, strategy, excitment and action in 2 Indy races than a full season of F1.
By:
catfloppo
When: 23 Oct 11 20:03
I don't remember it like that, I remember cars on 3/4 stop strategies stuck behind cars 2/3 secs a lap slower for 20 laps.  Drs has massively improved the sport and hats off to whoever thought it up.  It seems to, more or less, cancel out the dirty air effect which is exactly what was needed.
By:
fkqmz
When: 24 Oct 11 14:15
Laugh more seethers, jealous of the most popular annual competition in the world Laugh

eat some stats seethers

Audience of champions league final 2011 - estimated 300m worldwide (Source: http://www.uefa.com/uefa/events/tv/news/newsid=1635607.html)
Audience of "some part" of Superbowl 2011 - 162.9m (Source:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/feb/08/super-bowl-highest-ever-audience)

Global Audience of F1 - 527m - representing growth in 9 of the 11 biggest TV markets (Source: http://www.formula1blog.com/2011/01/21/f1s-global-tv-audience-jumps-in-2010/)

Read it and weep fans of mug sports Laugh
you are just plain WRONG LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
ocukstinky
When: 24 Oct 11 17:59
As for refuelling being unsafe - how many drivers or mechanics have been badly injured in the last 20 years from refuelling? Non.

Oh really. Stick "Jos Verstappen Hockenheim 1994" into youtube. See what you get.
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 26 Nov 11 23:17
^^^ get your facts right ocukstinky you mug.

Jos Verstappen was in the car a good 10 seconds while it was basically a raging fireball.........HE CLIMBED OUT AND WALKED AWAY UNINJURED APART FROM A MINOR BURN ON HIS NOSE.

You shouldnt try to make people look dtupid when you havent got a clue what your talking about.
By:
Jimmy Diamond
When: 26 Nov 11 23:17
*stupid
By:
GPT
When: 27 Nov 11 08:40
fzqmstinky doesn't do factsLaughLaugh
By:
Taylor's world
When: 27 Nov 11 10:39
Why not have it all? refuelling DRS and the crap tyres?

Do agree with these large run off area's tracks need to be a little less safe to add to the fun.

Car's see a little bit to reliable these days, i liked the feeling of thinking is this car in front going to make it home, however now if your car is in front with 10 laps left and more than 7 secounds in front you no full well its going to win.

One street circuit is enough.

On the hole thou F1 is still brilliant.
By:
Zazu
When: 27 Nov 11 12:44
I agree with the sensors/telemetry and bullet proof reliability making it boring. If theres a rattle within seconds they know what the fault is and usually adjust it via the steering wheel Cry

After 5 laps vettel usually has a 5 second lead so barring weather or miracle is a foregone conclusion. Always going to be like that when you sort the cars into pace order on saturday then go racing after parc ferme conditions on sunday Plain

fkqmz f1 viewing figures are well known to be complete fiction!!
By:
fkqmz
When: 28 Nov 11 09:35
You shouldnt try to make people look dtupid when you havent got a clue what your talking about.

Laugh the hilarious irony of this comment seems to have been missed Laugh idiot

zazu, f1 is well known to be more popular than bikes Laugh
and any football match not part of the world cup Laugh
and any other sporting event bar the olympics Laugh

go and wash the sand from your vagina and enjoy the winter you miserable get Laugh
By:
fkqmz
When: 28 Nov 11 09:35

Laugh the hilarious irony of this comment seems to have been missed Laugh idiot

zazu, f1 is well known to be more popular than bikes Laugh
and any football match not part of the world cup Laugh
and any other sporting event bar the olympics Laugh

go and wash the sand from your vagina and enjoy the winter you miserable get Laugh
By:
Zazu
When: 28 Nov 11 18:27
dont think ive said motogp has more viewers Confused

f1 has been BBCs flagship sport and the monaco gp got peak of 6.2million uk viewers Shocked
hence why they didnt bother renewing the contract

HTH
By:
fkqmz
When: 29 Nov 11 08:55
who cares about what goes on on this pokey little island. we make up, what? about 1% of the worlds population, hardly significant is it?

grow a brain please
By:
Zazu
When: 29 Nov 11 18:46
USA and the world biggest economy, id say thats significant Plain
By:
fkqmz
When: 30 Nov 11 08:31
Laugh stop seething and write in english Laugh
sort by:
Show
per page