Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SamH_123
23 Aug 11 01:17
| Topic/replies: 1,757 | Blogger: SamH_123's blog
I'm amazed at the odds available for Hamilton pole, honestly think he and Vettel should be evens in a quali match bet

It feels to me as though people didn't really watch Hungary, he appeared to have the faster car all weekend only messing up his Q3 lap a little bit to allow Vettel to get pole on a great lap (look at Webber's time, 6th was it!?)

Then add in that Spa doesn't appear to be as RB suited as Hungary (just look at the quali times of both last year!!) and that it looks cold in Spa again this weekend (bbc weather currently suggesting 15C on Saturday - suits Mclaren) and I've been lumping on Hamilton for pole.

Anyone else feeling this?
Pause Switch to Standard View Hamilton to get pole in Belgium
Show More
Report Zazu August 23, 2011 7:50 AM BST
maybe they watched hungary and realised its completely different to spa and didnt ruthlessly expose mclarens poor downforce like other circuits have down Confused

Spas far from ideal for red bull though. quals dodgy but I expect Fernando to win this weekend Cool
Report SamH_123 August 23, 2011 10:56 AM BST
the cars strengths/weaknesses aren't significantly different to last year though I don't think?

2010 Hungary was:
Vettel 1.18.8
Webber 1.19.2
Alonso 1.20.0

Then just 3 weeks later Hamilton was within a tenth of pole at Spa.  So I look to this year where Hamilton could have easily had pole in Hungary and barring significant development progress over the break, the Mclaren should be the fastest.
Report Zazu August 23, 2011 1:47 PM BST
the RB isn't suited to hungary. It has immense downforce so likes medium and fast corners.

since the rule changes red bulls (well vettels) huge qually advantage seems to have vanished so I think vettels price is to short. Plus you have the madness of saving tyres for the race and stuff.

Dont see why Mclaren should be the fastest at spa. Id take Fernando Cool
Report SamH_123 August 24, 2011 4:22 PM BST
It's kinda strange with Alonso, he often looks like he has a chance of pole before quali and the market gives him fair chance but then he normally says in interviews that he never really had a chance

Back on Hamilton again, even if Mclaren aren't gonna be what I think they are, Bet365 have the bizarre price of 15s for pole/win for Hamilton - there's a few hundred matched at 7 on here!
Report nickwin August 27, 2011 1:52 PM BST
maldonado may have out pay to hamilton chances after barged into him after qualifying p2.
Report Mike0002 August 27, 2011 1:55 PM BST
epic quali, button's out
and still not over :)
Report Cubanpete August 27, 2011 2:16 PM BST
Looking at the Maldonado incident, is it just me or did it not look like Hamilton moved more towards Maldonado than Maldonado to Hamilton?
Report SamH_123 August 27, 2011 2:37 PM BST
did you see the replay of Hamilton's car bouncing with sparks coming out?  Can't believe Vettel got pole by 5 tenths today but think Ham would have pushed him closer without the maldonado incident
Report GPT August 27, 2011 3:34 PM BST
cubanpete Lewis drives the silver car or are you blind?
Report ocukstinky August 27, 2011 3:57 PM BST
Looking at the Maldonado incident, is it just me or did it not look like Hamilton moved more towards Maldonado than Maldonado to Hamilton?

He moved oh so slightly right but what Maldonado did was rather blatant. Payback for Monaco I guess Laugh
Report bestchamp August 27, 2011 4:54 PM BST
Maldonado vs Hamilton could be quite interesting tomorrow in the overtaking
Report Help2 August 27, 2011 6:46 PM BST
hamilton vs everybody is interesting... my bed is he crashed with vettelLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com