Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Zazu
02 Aug 11 08:32
| Topic/replies: 4,336 | Blogger: Zazu's blog
Yamaha out at end of the season. Series dead imvho

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 10
By:
GPT
When: 02 Aug 11 14:58
Why would that be,Yamaha have not had a title sponsor for some time and the road bike they are trying to sell on the back of WSBK is rubbish.
By:
Pounf
When: 02 Aug 11 15:35
Its not good news, but it certainly isnt fatal news.
By:
Zazu
When: 02 Aug 11 21:54
Isnt it based on an R1? I think most critics would argue that isnt a rubbish bike.

maybe RIP was a bit excessive but its a massive hammer blow. I think this season has been really poor and the championship looks to be heading back to the dark days imo
By:
Pounf
When: 02 Aug 11 23:34
I think the racing is really pretty good, but obviously one has to question the quality when Carlos Checa (nearly 39) can dominate. I would hate to see it disappear, but manufacturers obviously have to look at their costs. Theres still plenty of interest from a crowds point of view, and I reckon the tracks would be very disappointed to lose a major income stream if the Championship were to disband.
I`m fairly certain it will continue whilst the crowds still turn up.
By:
GPT
When: 03 Aug 11 12:34
Zazu the R1 is massively overweight,underpowered,has a strange engine for a 4 and has been hit with the ugly stick.I'll agree apart from that it's a great bike.
By:
Zazu
When: 03 Aug 11 14:45
R1 is massively overweight,underpowered,has a strange engine for a 4 and has been hit with the ugly stick

the GPT review differs quite a lot from all the others Laugh

attendance at silvestone looked appalling. I appreciate they wont scrap the series but ducati returning to race a bunch of privateer teams Laugh maybe foggy can bring back his petronas team [smiley:crazy]
By:
GPT
When: 03 Aug 11 15:33
Zazu you clearly know nothing about Superbikes[;)]all my points are correct have a ride on one and compare it to the competition.Sales figures don't lie either.
By:
Zazu
When: 03 Aug 11 20:01
not just R1 sales though is it.  the entire sport and supersport sector is goosed.

soon theyll have to start racing adventure bikes Laugh
By:
GPT
When: 03 Aug 11 20:15
That's todays economics.factories will always race without it they won't sell anything.
By:
fkqmz
When: 04 Aug 11 20:33
makes a change from "RIP (insert riders name here)" i suppose!
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com