Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fkqmz
29 Jul 11 06:16
| Topic/replies: 3,313 | Blogger: fkqmz's blog
dirty sellout - "I'll never give formula 1 to sky" Laugh

and now half the races aren't going to be on terrestial tv

this is a sad sad day

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 30
By:
Pounf
When: 29 Jul 11 07:28
Wonder if the tv licence will come down in price
By:
Pounf
When: 29 Jul 11 08:33
The BBC have stated that viewers neednt worry they are replacing F1 with something far more exciting.

Songs of Praise is to be extended and brought forward to take the F1 slot.
By:
GPT
When: 29 Jul 11 08:55
Only down side is the adverts,the wig wearing midget would sell his mother for $50 so it's no great surprise.
By:
Zazu
When: 29 Jul 11 09:00
great day, almost makes up for appalling motogp situation Cool

skysports news' decision to start giving F1 extensive coverage was a bit of a giveaway Laugh

BBC have the olympics so you'll be bombarded with hours and hours of heptahlon and diving previews next year anyway [smiley:crazy]
By:
Zazu
When: 29 Jul 11 09:54
how has martin whitmarsh got such a high profile job? Confused

after the announcement "I don't know how many homes in the UK have Sky, but it is a pretty high proportion."
its 10million+ but surely he should be aware of that when its currently the biggest issue in F1 [:x]
By:
Nilsson Schmilsson
When: 29 Jul 11 10:57
if itv aren't going to bid and the beeb clearly were not going to pay the same again this is probably the best a f1 fan could have expected
By:
T.M.O
When: 29 Jul 11 11:01
no adverts during the race on sky
By:
fkqmz
When: 29 Jul 11 12:22
no adverts during the race on sky

i'll believe that when i see it and not a second before!

Only down side is the adverts

you mug gpt have you never watched sky sports? we're going to go back to allen standards of commentry and rosenthal standard of presentation. this is absolute tragedy Cry
By:
Glennbob
When: 29 Jul 11 12:40
Gutted.

I dont have sky. Are any of the live streaming services on the internet any good as an alternative?
By:
Pounf
When: 29 Jul 11 12:42
Streaming on soccer is awful, cant see F1 being any different. I expect the BBC will have a highlights package if thats any consolation.
By:
Zazu
When: 29 Jul 11 13:06
fkqmz do you even have sky?

compare their coverage of darts, rugby, football, cricket (in fact any sport) with the BBC [smiley:crazy]

its great news. only skinflints complaining imvho
By:
GPT
When: 29 Jul 11 13:16
I doubt fzxqstinky has Sky as he can't afford it and his mum won't pay for itLaugh His lack of knowledge about Sky shows that,Skys coverage is better in any sport you care to mention.
By:
T.M.O
When: 29 Jul 11 13:38
Former driver John Watson told Sky Sports News what viewers can look forward to as Formula One comes to Sky Sports.

Sky Sports announced on Friday morning that they along with the BBC, have been awarded the live rights to Formula One between 2012 and 2018. The move will bring increased choice, innovation and breadth of coverage to UK and Irish motor racing fans.

The broadcasting partnership includes all races, qualifying and practice sessions live on Sky Sports across TV, Online and mobile and tablet devices.

And Watson, who was part of the commentary team when Sky and F1 digital plus covered the Grand Prix in 2002, was quick to assure fans that their Formula One pleasure would not be spoilt by adverts.

"Don't have any is the answer, said Watson on Sky Sports News.

"The race will be from lights to flag advert free."

Watson is delighted with the news and believes that F1 will get the full Sky Sports treatment.

"I got the call this morning and thought I had gone back nine years," added an excited Watson.

"In 2002 Sky and F1 digital plus covered every Grand Prix at the level that I would expect to see Sky Sports do in 2012.

"As far as I am concerned you cannot have enough coverage, but you also want quality coverage.

"The audience wants more information and more understanding. They want to know exactly what is going on and I would love to see the availability of putting cameras into team HQ's at race track to understand what is going on.

"There is so much that hasn't yet been provided to the audience and the more you give them then the more they will enjoy it. F1 is a sport that never stops and I would like to think that the future is very powerful."
By:
ocukstinky
When: 29 Jul 11 15:09
I'm not sure what to make of it. Yes, Sky are excellent in covering Football/Rugby/Cricket/Darts but motorsport's not really their thing. They've only really given it one go before in the form of A1GP and that wasn't overly brilliant, but obviously this is much more established and there's a lot more money involved.

However, Ben Edwards would make an excellent commentator for them.
By:
Pounf
When: 29 Jul 11 16:26
Apparently, BBC have 10 races, and extended highlights of the others a couple of hours after the chequered flag. They will be covering the sessions as now of the chosen 10 I believe.
It worries me that Sky will bump the price of the Sports package to pay for this, so I hope they go pay per view, then I can quite happily give it a miss
By:
Zazu
When: 29 Jul 11 16:47
A1GP was a gimmick. F1 will get the full sky treatment bringing it up to and hopefully exceeding nascar coverage. Just look what theyve done with darts and cricket coverage Cool

Lot of scaremongering going on. It wont be PPV when you can watch it on BBC later the same day. BBC were paying £10million per year, thats nothing to sky.
By:
T.M.O
When: 29 Jul 11 18:13
sky prices are frozen for 1 year
By:
whodareswins
When: 29 Jul 11 21:22
what is the problem?  my mate says he'll logon to www.myp2p.eu and see it for free anyway
By:
Green Board
When: 31 Jul 11 08:45
Not sure it will do any good but:

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/keepf1onthebbc
By:
Roger De Bris
When: 31 Jul 11 18:36
will all the lap times for all the drivers during practice be available. Used to have it on fIa.com can't seem to find it anymore. anyone know if it's available anywhere?
By:
fkqmz
When: 02 Aug 11 07:05
i think you all must live on a different planet to me. sky are sh!te ! theyre football coverage is aimed at people with ape like intelligence (probably why gpt appreciates it), theyve brought nothing to cricket... or tennis... or any other sport theyve taken away from the average man. i imagine the f1 coverage will be fronted by a retard with large breasts and blonde hair whose never seen a gp in her life and the accompanying show will consist of about 75% adverts which theyve now committed to NOT showing during the races.

this is the death of f1
By:
Zazu
When: 02 Aug 11 08:36
fkqmz fishing surely [smiley:crazy]

Anyone who thinks BBC covers sport better than SKY clearly is insane.

Royal Ascot they just talk about fashion all day FFS
By:
GPT
When: 02 Aug 11 14:57
He is insane[;)]and I don't watch football it's a game for morons like fmqzstinkyLaugh
By:
fkqmz
When: 03 Aug 11 14:54
bbc horse racing coverage is sh!t i wont argue with that, although i struggle to class horse racing as a sport - more of a pass time for people with more money than sense! skys motorsport coverage is appalling though. what possible grounds do you have for thinking they will suddenly produce quality programming just cause the contents different. It will dumbed down and irritating.

gpt man utd season ticket holder NAP btw Laugh
By:
GPT
When: 03 Aug 11 15:34
"It will dumbed down and irritating."

Much like yourself fzqmstinkyLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
ocukstinky
When: 03 Aug 11 18:48
Says the one who actually knows nothing about motor racing as a whole and can't back up an opinion LaughLaughLaugh
By:
GPT
When: 03 Aug 11 20:16
PMSL here's the alter ego againLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
ocukstinky
When: 04 Aug 11 11:42
PMSL SLOLEOEDLEOLOOLOLOLROFLROFLROMLMAO

You posted at 9.16.. don't they have you in bed at the home by 8? LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
fkqmz
When: 04 Aug 11 20:30
ha the alterego shout is always an admission hes lost the argument. time to disappear for another 3 weeks gpt Laugh
By:
GPT
When: 10 Aug 11 16:25
Laughwhat argument,continue SEETHING fzqmstinky it's so funnyLaughLaugh
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel