Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Pounf
26 Jul 11 17:21
| Topic/replies: 4,408 | Blogger: Pounf's blog
Looks like a 3 horse race again, just wondering if any of the Brits may make the pointy end.
I think Camier and Laverty will be the best of them, but not sure if they`re quick enough to get amongst Checa/Biaggi/Melandri.
Two wildcards - Kirkham and Hopper, Hopper easily the best, and could well make a bold showing.
Lowes still in. Rea still injured. Muggers replaces Xaus - not that that will effect anything.

Weather looks set fair.
Pause Switch to Standard View World Superbikes - Silverstone
Show More
Report Zazu July 26, 2011 11:15 PM BST
people complain about motogp but the difference in WSBK bikes is just as big if not bigger imo
'production class' Laugh

simply melandri vs biaggi for me.
Report Pounf July 28, 2011 11:41 AM BST
Lai replaces Muggers, which if anybody were betting on who comes last would be massive...
Report Zazu July 28, 2011 5:18 PM BST
Excellent weather forecast, i'm not sure whether to go Confused
Report Pounf July 28, 2011 5:33 PM BST
Havent been to Silverstone since the changes, went to both bikes and F1 back in the 90`s, and compared to Donington the views werent great then.
TV spoils you I`m afraid, one day I intend to go to the Isle of Man for the TT, but I never get round to sorting it.
Report Zazu July 28, 2011 6:09 PM BST
new silverstone is awesome, just miles from my house Cry

Would like to go to mugello or brno for motogp. Atmosphere at spainish rounds is awesome Cool
Report GPT July 29, 2011 9:57 AM BST
Jerez is the 1st choice for motoGP imo can't be beaten,other must do's are the TT and 1 mile dirt track simply awesome.
Report Zazu July 29, 2011 1:23 PM BST
fp1 [smiley:crazy]

hopkins fastest, camier second, JT 4th, Checa 5th, yamahas 13th and 14th, Biaggi 16th

camier did 3 laps in the 2.06s everyone else generally ran in 2.07/08s. erratic times from everyone would be an understatement Laugh
Report Pounf July 29, 2011 1:54 PM BST
Yes a somewhat confusing session. Apparently Toseland had to top up on pain kllers half way through, but that was totally unexpected. Hopper reckons he`s still learning the track, and theres more to come. Melandri and Biaggi way down.
The Brits do pull out something extra for the home round and Sykes and Haslam went quite well as well.

Looks like it could be a real cracker Sunday, though its obviously early days
Report Zazu July 29, 2011 5:55 PM BST
checa topped fp2. The protaganists dont need to bother turning up until superpole so i still wouldnt rule anyone out
Report Pounf July 29, 2011 6:14 PM BST
Its all very close to be fair with not much from 2nd to 11th.
Hopkins had an "issue" and reckons theres more to come, I`m beginning to think a Podium might be possible. As you say the Usual Suspects dont have to really  bother today, but Melandri is a bit more off the pace than one would expect.
How Berger`s finished 2nd Im not quite sure, I think it shows theres plenty to come from quiet a few, and tomorrow will be interesting
Report Zazu July 30, 2011 12:20 PM BST
another woeful session from biaggi Shocked

looks like Checa very much the man to beat. Melandri not bad. Whos backing hoppers at 11/2 when his sessions have been mediocre apart from 1 banzai lap [smiley:crazy]

great weather and motorbikes, should have gone today Cry
Report Zazu July 30, 2011 2:56 PM BST
bumpy cirucit Shocked

fine for motogp, did the F1 boys mess it up or something? Confused

all onbaoard the ducati express it is then Cool
Report book July 30, 2011 3:05 PM BST
whens race 1 start ?
Report Zazu July 30, 2011 3:52 PM BST
[:x]

obviously shrewdies backing hopkins.

hopkins-laverty-camier-checa-melandri, biaggi embarrassingly bad and didn't make superpole 3 Shocked

race 1 is midday tomorrow, should be epic Cool
Report Pounf July 30, 2011 10:53 PM BST
I think Checa would win if he needed to, but others can really go for it and not worry about the C`ship. I like Camier still, but he needs a decent start. I think Hopkins will go well, but I have a gut feeling that he`ll try too hard and slide off somewhere. Laverty is a danger as he now has the set up, Biaggi inexplicably slow, but you cant write him off.  Camier e/w is my bet, but not for much
Report Zazu July 30, 2011 11:49 PM BST
Id write biaggi off. Needs a miracle in 20min warm up just to get competitive, as for the 7/1 Laugh

Cant be bothered sorting out my VC account but 5/2 checa looks very fair imo My only concern would be the ease biaggi blasted past him at brno.
Report scarecrow July 31, 2011 11:57 AM BST
well here we go this should be a good race,i fancy laverty to win for what its worth probably not a lot!!!
Report Zazu July 31, 2011 12:18 PM BST
checa in league of his own, bet366 went 11/5 after warm up and I didnt go in Cry
Report Zazu July 31, 2011 12:44 PM BST
what a let down Sad

unless theres a long straight to cancel out all ducatis advantages no one else can compete [>o]
Report Pounf July 31, 2011 12:53 PM BST
VC were 5/2 Checa and PP 9/4, 366 have been shortest Checa all week.

Gutted over Camier. Backed him to beat Hopkins in a match, and e/w for the race. Made a poor start - I did fear that, and yet still looked good for 2nd.
Report Zazu July 31, 2011 1:01 PM BST
bet366 were only 7/4 after qual but went 11/5 after warm up [smiley:crazy]

I cant get a bet on with pp and couldnt be bothered phoning VC to sort my account out.

Think checa had tonnes in reserve but race 2 might be interesting if camier gets away with him. Hopefully others might be able to make some set up improvements as well Confused
Report scarecrow July 31, 2011 2:05 PM BST
if hopkins was telling the truth about having a major problem in race 1 and still going well he might be the man to push him.
Report Pounf July 31, 2011 3:09 PM BST
Have backed at 7/4 and Camier at 6/1 e/w with StJmes. Really dont know how they came up with 7/4.
Report Pounf July 31, 2011 3:09 PM BST
Checa that is
Report Pounf July 31, 2011 3:19 PM BST
Biaggi - pantomime villain
Report Zazu July 31, 2011 3:22 PM BST
stanjames website have checa 8/11 Confused
Report Pounf July 31, 2011 7:14 PM BST
Too slow Zaz.
Report Zazu July 31, 2011 8:46 PM BST
Would have loved to have got some of that. I hate stanjames Devil
Report Pounf August 1, 2011 10:58 AM BST
Am a but gutted that S-ky have cut right back on the bike coverage, they barely do anything now. The choice is getting less and less
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com