Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SamH_123
23 Jul 11 21:57
| Topic/replies: 1,757 | Blogger: SamH_123's blog
Hi,
Just wondering what others do when this happens

'B o d o g  's (saw them on oddschecker) had their book for the winner (german gp) from before qualifying up quite a while after pole had been decided.  (I placed my bets at 2:15, about 25 mins after pole was decided I think)
So I had some bets on Webber and Hamilton at 6s and 8s but am not sure what to do now.  I don't want to lay off on Betfair and then not get paid at the bookie (or get paid at worse odds) but I also don't want to leave it then lose the bets. 

Surely they will have had ample time to contact me before the race if my bets aren't gonna stand.?

Also S k y B e t reopened their podium book after quali with Hamilton 2.2 (looked like pre quali prices like the other case, I had money on again), would that count as obviously wrong?

Is it actually not worth placing bets in these situations I wonder
sorry if this was rambly, thanks for any help
Pause Switch to Standard View Incorrect Bookmaker odds - best tactic?
Show More
Report FunLovinCriminal July 24, 2011 2:35 AM BST
For me, id pile in, then id pile in again.

Its their Rick,enjoy the cash [;)]
Report GPT July 24, 2011 6:43 AM BST
I'd be more concerned about the Bo Dog bets as they are more likely to notice and void the bets and you can kiss that account good bye also.
I'd contact them to be honest as your bets are far from a free shot and Bo Dog are a sh1te book,I'd leave the Slybet ones.
Report Zazu July 24, 2011 8:32 AM BST
LMAO

Surely they will have had ample time to contact me before the race if my bets aren't gonna stand.?

Ive backed incorrect prices with stann james, I even informed them i thought the price was wrong.
3 days laters and about 10mins before the start of the match I got an email saying the bet would run at the correct price unless I contact them to void it before the off Devil

(id backed at 14/1 and theyre correct price was about 5/2!)

I wouldnt trust bodogg at all.

I think slybet are one of the best firms to get a bet on with and backing stuff like that is the easiest way to get it limited. 2.2 is high but hardly the best bet of all time. Pure stupidity imvho [smiley:crazy]
Report marychain1 July 24, 2011 11:42 AM BST
They are all clear cases of Palpable error, your bets should and will be voided.
Report Zazu July 24, 2011 12:44 PM BST
Theres not a lot you can do to prevent something being palped but id argue the hamilton bet isnt a clear case of wrong price. only been on the podium twice this year, red bulls are quick, rain forecast and alonso won last race.

id price it at 4/6 so 11/10 isnt an obvious error to a casual gambler imvho
Report marychain1 July 24, 2011 2:46 PM BST
2.2 isn't 11/10 it's 6/5
Report Zazu July 24, 2011 3:59 PM BST
tbh if it was anything sub 6/4 id be kicking off about it (if i didnt value my account)
Report SamH_123 July 26, 2011 2:28 AM BST
ok thanks for the advice.

impressively Bo dog paid out my bet at 8s on Hamilton after quali (only £15 stake though) and so did Skybet on Ham podium

the limited thing is a big worry to me though, just had a small bet with bodog seemed ok though...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com