Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
harter
30 Jun 11 22:02
| Topic/replies: 775 | Blogger: harter's blog
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-165807.html

If the rumours turn out to be true then neither Lotus or Virgins ever benefitted from the diffuser issue. Lotus was already closing in and if all teams lose 9/10 of a second as expected if the new rule goes through then Lotus becomes a contender for a decent position and Virgin not that far behind them.
Pause Switch to Standard View Lotus and/or Virgins worth a points...
Show More
Report T.M.O July 1, 2011 12:31 AM BST
would need a few retirements, which looking at the last few races, is unlikely
Report Zazu July 1, 2011 9:08 AM BST
do you ever watch or follow F1?

Lotus and Virgin dont benefit from any cutting edge technology because theyre still using stuff noah saved on the ark!!

p10  would have to lose 2 secons a lap for the new teams to be a threat. 2 seconds in F1 is about a week in the normal world Cool
Report harter July 1, 2011 2:31 PM BST
Actually Lotus haven't been as slow as you think of late. If the other teams all truly lost 9/10 of a second per lap, then based on times from the last 2 races Lotus would jump to 4th behind only Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari. Virgin is another story.

Besides remember when Sutil and Force India became good a couple of years back for no apparent reason?

I'm not saying it's the world's greatest bet but at 10/1 or so it may be worth a small play on Kovalainen or Trulli for top 10 finish.
Report Zazu July 1, 2011 3:47 PM BST
fishing surely Confused

Force India became good a couple of years back for no apparent reason?

obviously the fact they got merecdes power and a bunch of major components from mclaren had nothing to do with it Laugh

The times arent a secret - at Valencia they were nearly 2 seconds away from getting out of Q1 nevermind challenge a 1/2 decent team.

If you think Lotus would jump to the fourth best team if they found a second you clearly are mental [smiley:crazy]
Report fkqmz July 1, 2011 10:00 PM BST
i dont know zazu, id dare to suggest that stranger things have happened. having said that i won't be backing although i do think harter has a point and lotus will be closer to the pack .... maybe they'll get out of Q1 ?? Laugh

i agree though points is ambitious and most importantly, 10/1 IS NOT VALUE !!!!!! id say the true odds are more like double that.
Report catfloppo July 2, 2011 12:19 AM BST
So you'll be laying them?
Report SamH_123 July 4, 2011 12:04 PM BST
well chances are they won't be layable at 10/1, I might well be laying if they are
Report fkqmz July 5, 2011 8:33 AM BST
yeah maybe if i had nothing better to do than get involved with a 1.10 shot Plain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com