Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PrinceRob
26 Jun 11 15:29
| Topic/replies: 684 | Blogger: PrinceRob's blog
F1 is now officially more boring than American Football, Women's Equestrianism and watching a re-run of Cliff 'The Grinder' Thorburn playing Doug 'The Snail' Mountjoy on the green baize.

Sebastian Vettel is an over-rated average driver who is winning in a car so far ahead of the rest that Jackie Stewart could drive it in the next race and still win in it. He is also clearly being so hugely favoured by his team over Webber that the latter would be as well driving a Reliant Robin for the rest of the season. How many races has Vettel won in inferior cars? How many has he won from difficult positions? How many has he won showing tactical genius? Sorry, but he couldn't clean Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Mansell, Hakkinen or Prost's boots. These are the true greats of the past 25 years who were true racers driving cars with hugely less technological assistance.

As for Webber, whilst it's embarassingly obvious he's of nuisance value only to his team and is not getting the same attention at all, he is also useless and would lose almost every race even if he was the only Red Bull car starting. Webber is also less interesting than Steve Davis was in 1981.

For the rest of the season the Red Bulls should be driven by Schumacher and Hakkinen, Alonso should be allowed to continue against them in the Ferrari and his team mate should be Mansell. Massa should be chucked out as he is as equally useless as Webber.

Hamilton has also now proved himself to be useless. However, crashes make good TV so I suggest he should drive the Safety Car from now on.

Unless the changes I am suggesting above are made now, the viewing figures wil be ZERO within a month.

Thank GOD I still have DVDs of true greats to watch instead of this garbage we're being subjected to now.

Even when the SCHU was winning every year with Ferrari at least there were some characters around.

If anyone wants to know what characters and rivalry means, watch a re-run of Spa in 98 when the Schu had to retire after crashing into Coulthard in driving rain and losing a wheel, then storming down the pit lane in a rage into the McLaren pit trying to get at Coulthard, accusing him of trying to kill him, then having to be dragged awayLaugh. DC still denies to this day that he 'lifted off'.............the Schu to this day still doesn't believe him. That was when F1 was a fascinating battle of skill, courage and obsession to win. Today it makes watching paint dry seem extremely riveting.
Pause Switch to Standard View Lets have the SCHU and MIKA in the...
Show More
Report Zazu June 26, 2011 6:32 PM BST
i assume you're fishing but thats a lot of text and time wasted Shocked Confused

he put a toro rosso on pole at 150/1....then led from start to finish to win the race Laugh

williams in the early 90s had so much technology my gran could have won the world championships Cool
Report PrinceRob June 26, 2011 11:19 PM BST
If Senna or the Schumacher of the 90s were in Vettel's team he'd annihilate him. Hakkinen would be quicker and smarter than him. Mansell would be quicker and braver. Prost would be quicker and much cleverer.

Vettel's just a journeyman whose sitting in a car any driver on the grid could win in, especially when his team treat Webber as an afterthought.
Report fkqmz June 27, 2011 11:16 AM BST
Laugh poor fishing attempt or sour grapes, one of the two
Report TonyTodd June 27, 2011 3:10 PM BST
The only point I disagree with there is that I reckon Steve Davies was less interesting in 1983, apart from that you are spot on. Cool
Report PrinceRob June 27, 2011 5:54 PM BST
Yes Tony, Davis did probably become less interesting by 1983Laugh
Report Pounf June 27, 2011 7:00 PM BST
The only point I disagree with is that you put American Football as boring, unfortunately, this means you have the brains of a peanut and thus the rest of the post loses all credibilty.
Report fkqmz June 29, 2011 8:38 AM BST
err no american football really is boring. why ? because its simplistic, my 3yo son could come up with more intelligent tactics than most of those rednecks in pyjamas! a true sport of retards.
Report GPT June 29, 2011 12:33 PM BST
Laughfzqmstinky knows even less about American football than F1 and that's saying somethingLaugh
Report TonyTodd June 29, 2011 8:39 PM BST
GPT you know nothing about everything, just about sums you up tbf.
Report fkqmz June 30, 2011 3:05 PM BST
gpts posts follow a definite trend, he attempts to take the piss, he gets owned, he fks off. don't worry we're already moving towards stage 3 on this thread Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com