Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sixtwosix
12 Jun 11 17:35
| Topic/replies: 21,226 | Blogger: sixtwosix's blog
Yawn
Pause Switch to Standard View The Health & Safety Grand Prix
Show More
Report chemical_spill June 12, 2011 6:38 PM BST
zzzzzzzzzzzz
Report PierreLaRogue June 12, 2011 6:42 PM BST
F1 will be finnished if things carry on like this, what a load of old sh*t, i miss the good old days when shumey hit the back of coulthard and was going round on 3 wheels, that was when F1 was interesting.

Why they getting paid fecking 10 million a year or more for this guff? if they are scared they can pit and stop racing until the naughty rain goes away, let the drivers with balls race ffs.
Report HowieTheRookie. June 12, 2011 6:49 PM BST
That start was a joke Sad
Report conditor June 12, 2011 7:11 PM BST
i wouldnt want to be one of the paying public, thats for sure
Report fkqmz June 12, 2011 10:42 PM BST
i think this is actually becoming quite a serious issue and i'll be giving it some more carefully considered thought tomorrow with the benefit of some hindsight! Coulthard definitely has a point when he talks about anticipating accidents but its ruining the racing.
Report betchat June 12, 2011 11:52 PM BST
Having watched most f1 races over quite a few years I do think it's having a really detrimental affect on it's entertainment value.

There were various opinions here on how entertaining it was and BBC were raving about its entertainment value.  I'm not so sure its all  heading in the right direction regarding entertainment.  I think it would have been far more entertaining if there was less bureaucracy and palaver and it's not as entertaing to me as it used to be mainly because of tha.  Although some races prove an exception for me this wasn't one of them although with less palaver it could well have been.

Races that unexpectedly turned out to be rainy used to be exceptionally good but they seem to have managed to dilute that right out now with one thing and another.

The other thing is the way it's so difficult to find out what's going to happen according to f1 rules.  For example it wasn't clear that the f1 rules allowed the race to restart even hours later and it wasn't clear until the last moment that BBC would continue to cover it.

On the other hand every sport seems to be moving in the same direction these days including no body contact footie and people keep paying up and generally it's through the nose so maybe the sports have it right but it's not f1 as it used to be but there again neither is footie.
Report betchat June 12, 2011 11:56 PM BST
Of course I have to say that Button did manage to light it all up at the end Grin
Report GPT June 13, 2011 5:46 AM BST
Worked out well in the end great drive from Button.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com