Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Pounf
07 Jun 11 13:44
| Topic/replies: 4,410 | Blogger: Pounf's blog
Amazing pictures. This surely has to be the most dangerous sport on the planet. The speed with next to no run offs  (or brick walls as a run off !!) leaves zero room for error.
Super brave or super mad ?
Show More
Report brentford June 7, 2011 2:21 PM BST
Well sadly with 3 people having been killed already this year (to my knowledge), not to mention the number of lives lost over the years in road racing both at the TT and elsewhere,
I'd reluctantly call it super mad.

That said it produces some phenomenal viewing as you suggest.
Report Zazu June 7, 2011 2:49 PM BST
dangerous sport but still far safer than thrill seeking road going motorcyclists
Report Zazu June 7, 2011 10:14 PM BST
first year ive followed it properly. ITV coverage has been immense Shocked
Report Daddypig June 7, 2011 10:43 PM BST
The TV coverage is great, but it still gives you no idea of what it's like to stand a few feet away from these bikes when they're going at 190 mph. The average lap speed is now around 130 mph, in Moto GP it's around 105 I think and compare the two types of circuits. Yes it's dangerous, but everyone doing it is an adult.
Report scarecrow June 8, 2011 3:41 PM BST
totally agree with the last poster i have been a regular at the road racing circuits over the years in ireland,isle of man,scarborough etc and its something you need to see at least once live to fully understand just how fast and on the limit they go.the itv4 coverage is great dont get me wrong but only the on bike footage gives any real understanding of true speed and risks they take.
Report Zazu June 8, 2011 7:52 PM BST
theres loads of good spectator videos on youtube

even if you were watching on a 14" black and white TV with poor reception, most people would understand doing 200mph with a giant tree less than a metre away is mental Laugh
Report Virgin June 8, 2011 9:29 PM BST
Super brave or super mad ?

Both (imo) Cool
Report brentford June 11, 2011 1:21 PM BST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jSYiU-JdRw

worth a look if you haven't seen it,

Mark Higgins doing a demo lap at the TT on 4 wheels very nearly walls it,
puts in perspective the brave loonies on two wheels !
Report Zazu June 11, 2011 1:35 PM BST
youtube comments

Rally drivers are the best drivers in the world

think hes missed the point Laugh
Report clueclux007 June 11, 2011 8:13 PM BST
256 people dead in over 60 years why they bother i dont know isle of man should charged with manslaughter
Report Zazu June 11, 2011 9:08 PM BST
more motorcyclists die on the 'cat and fiddle' road (nap)
Report scarecrow June 11, 2011 9:29 PM BST
dan knean Shocked how the fook did he save that!!!!
Report clueclux007 June 12, 2011 2:14 PM BST
there is a mood in the eu to have the lower grade races scrapped let hope so
Report TonyTodd June 13, 2011 10:20 AM BST
Best motorsport spectacle in the world, I got back from the Isle of Man Saturday morning, it was an absolutely brilliant week, got some great viewing spots and took some ace videos and pics.
Report fkqmz June 13, 2011 10:35 AM BST
Best motorsport spectacle in the world

Laugh glorified suicide more like
Report scarecrow June 13, 2011 3:20 PM BST
another few train spotters comes out of the woodwork,for goodness sake yes its dangerous but it would be a boring world we live in if anything with a wiff of danger about it was banned.the world is going mad enough with health and safety and political correctness going to far already.none of the riders are forced to do it they do it for the love of the racing and see it as the ultimate challenge,with the thought that it might kill them making it more appealing to some of them,we all like to push the envelope sometimes.
Report GPT June 13, 2011 5:03 PM BST
Typically stupid comment from fzqmstinky.
Report GPT June 13, 2011 5:03 PM BST
Typically stupid comment from fzqmstinky.
Report fkqmz June 13, 2011 6:47 PM BST
oh well fk it then, lets have ufc fighters fight to the death, as long as theyre all up for it it's ok  Grin never mind the ones who have to live with it forever, the ones who DIDN'T choose for their son/brother/father to compete in glorified suicide, the ones who really suffer. As long as we don't think about them, they'll be just fine!
Report scarecrow June 14, 2011 6:51 PM BST
fkqmz motorsport in all its forms is dangerous.steve hislop,mike hailwood,graham hill,colin macrae are all dead but hang on a minute they all died after they finished racing!!!.should we ban helicopters,cars on public roads and air travel.i rest my case.
Report Zazu June 14, 2011 9:39 PM BST
Laugh
Report GPT June 14, 2011 10:16 PM BST
Here we see little mummys boy fmqzstinky for what he is a racist idiot who has probably never been to a race track,never rode or driven one and certainly hasn't lost friends that raced what a ****Sad
Report fkqmz June 17, 2011 2:18 PM BST
no scarecrow, dying is the only certainty in life, but what your talking about is death for sport. death for sport is wrong, thats why fox hunting is banned, thats why theres world wide condemnation for spanish bull fighting, and yet british blood sports like the isle of man tt are still considered acceptable? turn it in! its the 21st century and we are more civilised than this now.
Report fkqmz June 17, 2011 2:20 PM BST
nice seeth btw gpt Laugh still waiting for evidence of these racism claims ..........
Report Pounf June 17, 2011 2:48 PM BST
So any sport where there is some danger should be banned ????
Report Zazu June 17, 2011 3:00 PM BST
i dont think bulls or the  fox choose to participate though Confused

either you're fishing or an utter gayer imvho Cool
Report GPT June 17, 2011 3:06 PM BST
Mummy never let you have a car or bike did she fqmkstinkyLaugh
Report fkqmz June 18, 2011 11:36 AM BST
gpt, get back in the net and shut up Laugh

at least zazu has finally busted me Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder