Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Pounf
07 Jun 11 12:44
| Topic/replies: 4,409 | Blogger: Pounf's blog
Amazing pictures. This surely has to be the most dangerous sport on the planet. The speed with next to no run offs  (or brick walls as a run off !!) leaves zero room for error.
Super brave or super mad ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 28
By:
brentford
When: 07 Jun 11 13:21
Well sadly with 3 people having been killed already this year (to my knowledge), not to mention the number of lives lost over the years in road racing both at the TT and elsewhere,
I'd reluctantly call it super mad.

That said it produces some phenomenal viewing as you suggest.
By:
Zazu
When: 07 Jun 11 13:49
dangerous sport but still far safer than thrill seeking road going motorcyclists
By:
Zazu
When: 07 Jun 11 21:14
first year ive followed it properly. ITV coverage has been immense Shocked
By:
Daddypig
When: 07 Jun 11 21:43
The TV coverage is great, but it still gives you no idea of what it's like to stand a few feet away from these bikes when they're going at 190 mph. The average lap speed is now around 130 mph, in Moto GP it's around 105 I think and compare the two types of circuits. Yes it's dangerous, but everyone doing it is an adult.
By:
scarecrow
When: 08 Jun 11 14:41
totally agree with the last poster i have been a regular at the road racing circuits over the years in ireland,isle of man,scarborough etc and its something you need to see at least once live to fully understand just how fast and on the limit they go.the itv4 coverage is great dont get me wrong but only the on bike footage gives any real understanding of true speed and risks they take.
By:
Zazu
When: 08 Jun 11 18:52
theres loads of good spectator videos on youtube

even if you were watching on a 14" black and white TV with poor reception, most people would understand doing 200mph with a giant tree less than a metre away is mental Laugh
By:
Virgin
When: 08 Jun 11 20:29
Super brave or super mad ?

Both (imo) Cool
By:
brentford
When: 11 Jun 11 12:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jSYiU-JdRw

worth a look if you haven't seen it,

Mark Higgins doing a demo lap at the TT on 4 wheels very nearly walls it,
puts in perspective the brave loonies on two wheels !
By:
Zazu
When: 11 Jun 11 12:35
youtube comments

Rally drivers are the best drivers in the world

think hes missed the point Laugh
By:
clueclux007
When: 11 Jun 11 19:13
256 people dead in over 60 years why they bother i dont know isle of man should charged with manslaughter
By:
Zazu
When: 11 Jun 11 20:08
more motorcyclists die on the 'cat and fiddle' road (nap)
By:
scarecrow
When: 11 Jun 11 20:29
dan knean Shocked how the fook did he save that!!!!
By:
clueclux007
When: 12 Jun 11 13:14
there is a mood in the eu to have the lower grade races scrapped let hope so
By:
TonyTodd
When: 13 Jun 11 09:20
Best motorsport spectacle in the world, I got back from the Isle of Man Saturday morning, it was an absolutely brilliant week, got some great viewing spots and took some ace videos and pics.
By:
fkqmz
When: 13 Jun 11 09:35
Best motorsport spectacle in the world

Laugh glorified suicide more like
By:
scarecrow
When: 13 Jun 11 14:20
another few train spotters comes out of the woodwork,for goodness sake yes its dangerous but it would be a boring world we live in if anything with a wiff of danger about it was banned.the world is going mad enough with health and safety and political correctness going to far already.none of the riders are forced to do it they do it for the love of the racing and see it as the ultimate challenge,with the thought that it might kill them making it more appealing to some of them,we all like to push the envelope sometimes.
By:
GPT
When: 13 Jun 11 16:03
Typically stupid comment from fzqmstinky.
By:
GPT
When: 13 Jun 11 16:03
Typically stupid comment from fzqmstinky.
By:
fkqmz
When: 13 Jun 11 17:47
oh well fk it then, lets have ufc fighters fight to the death, as long as theyre all up for it it's ok  Grin never mind the ones who have to live with it forever, the ones who DIDN'T choose for their son/brother/father to compete in glorified suicide, the ones who really suffer. As long as we don't think about them, they'll be just fine!
By:
scarecrow
When: 14 Jun 11 17:51
fkqmz motorsport in all its forms is dangerous.steve hislop,mike hailwood,graham hill,colin macrae are all dead but hang on a minute they all died after they finished racing!!!.should we ban helicopters,cars on public roads and air travel.i rest my case.
By:
Zazu
When: 14 Jun 11 20:39
Laugh
By:
GPT
When: 14 Jun 11 21:16
Here we see little mummys boy fmqzstinky for what he is a racist idiot who has probably never been to a race track,never rode or driven one and certainly hasn't lost friends that raced what a ****Sad
By:
fkqmz
When: 17 Jun 11 13:18
no scarecrow, dying is the only certainty in life, but what your talking about is death for sport. death for sport is wrong, thats why fox hunting is banned, thats why theres world wide condemnation for spanish bull fighting, and yet british blood sports like the isle of man tt are still considered acceptable? turn it in! its the 21st century and we are more civilised than this now.
By:
fkqmz
When: 17 Jun 11 13:20
nice seeth btw gpt Laugh still waiting for evidence of these racism claims ..........
By:
Pounf
When: 17 Jun 11 13:48
So any sport where there is some danger should be banned ????
By:
Zazu
When: 17 Jun 11 14:00
i dont think bulls or the  fox choose to participate though Confused

either you're fishing or an utter gayer imvho Cool
By:
GPT
When: 17 Jun 11 14:06
Mummy never let you have a car or bike did she fqmkstinkyLaugh
By:
fkqmz
When: 18 Jun 11 10:36