Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Pounf
01 Apr 11 10:50
| Topic/replies: 4,408 | Blogger: Pounf's blog
125cc - Looking like Terol will dominate.
Moto2 - Luthi and Bradl clear in FP1, Marquez and Iannone well down. Kallio much improved.
Moto GP - Stoner from Pedrosa clear of Rossi, Lorenzo 5th in FP1. Bit of a shock Rossi 3rd so high and Lorenzo so low. Still think come the day it will Stoner v Lorenzo. Pedrosa still not certain to stay 100% as the race progresses. Rossi has been saying he and bike arent right (yet), and the impression was thta this weekend comes to soon for that to happen. Dovizioso 6th - fell off but was ok. Simoncelli 4th is having weight problems, not that he`s fat, just too big, and fuel consumption is so high that he has to make the engine "leaner" and thus pose a tad of performance. Spies 7th. The rest just make the numbers up.
Show More
Report Pounf April 1, 2011 11:51 AM BST
lose not pose
Report GPT April 1, 2011 6:32 PM BST
Can't see Pedrosa lasting 45minutes at full tilt so Stoner or Jorge,A Espargaro worth a look if he stays on same goes for Cortese in the tiddlers.
Report Pounf April 1, 2011 8:31 PM BST
GP =- Agree about Pedrosa, but he`s a sneaky so and so and wouldnt totally write him off. If he`s being honest he should weaken from half way. I`ve liked Lorenzo for this since Qatar, but his times have been disappointing so far.
Moto2- I backed Aleix Espargaro at 100/1 last week, and he had a shocking first lap but worked his way up to 11th.  He wouldnt have made the frame but could easily have been top 6. I `ve backed him and Kallio ante post and Kallio has shown some better form this week, so all is not lost yet. Moto2 really is wide open.
125cc - Cortese should finish 2nd, am trying to find a bet, but apart from e/w filth not much to be had as yet. Vasquez was going well when he crashed and wrote off his only bike. Fixing that will be an up all night job.
Will play on some match bets when they go up.
Report TonyTodd April 2, 2011 10:40 AM BST
FFS GPT just do one you know less about the bikes than the cars and thats a difficult thing to achieve.
Report bb66 April 2, 2011 3:02 PM BST
125cc: Cortese managed to match Terol in practice
MGP: Honda dominating again, Lorenzo up to Dany in QP, Rossi way down in QP
M2: Bradl leading again, seems to dominate as well, Iannone way back in practice sessions
Report GPT April 2, 2011 3:41 PM BST
Cortese,Espargaro,Lorenzo I reckon.
Report bb66 April 2, 2011 6:07 PM BST
LaughLaugh @ the amount matched on the 125 pole manLaughLaugh
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer April 2, 2011 7:12 PM BST
Despite a downbeat post qual analysis from Stoner (copied below) I am failing to understand why his price is so big at 2.68.  I would have expected him to be shorter.

Casey Stoner, Repsol Honda: pole position – 1m 38.757s

“The qualifying result was good but as for using the rest of the session and setting the bike up, we weren’t totally happy with what we achieved and lost some time. We’re struggling a little to get the balance of the bike where I want it, we make some improvements in the front and then some in the rear but never at the same time which is a little frustrating. On my last run of the session I was pushing a little too hard and was a bit late with the brakes, the rear came up and I released the brakes but I had way too much speed going in there, it was nice just to avoid the air fence. Anyway we’re happy, we’re on pole position again but we still need to finish the race tomorrow and I will fight for a podium position and hopefully the race victory, but I never underestimate the Spanish riders, they find something extra for this race and they are very hard to beat.”
Report Pounf April 2, 2011 10:23 PM BST
125s - Cortese surprisingly faster than Terol, but Terol starts way better than Cortese who is pretty pedestrian off the grid. Terol to lead, and Cortese to get caught in traffic before getting clear and chasing Terol forlornly. Vasquez, Faubel, and Folger to battle it out for minor honours. Vinales and Oliveira to go mental - two young rising stars who are quick but inexperienced at this level.
Moto2 - Bradl to be dominant, Marquez having trouble staying on the black stuff, and the pressure may force him into another error. Iannone way off pace, but he`s a Sunday warrior. Luthi for podium. Aleix Esp to show well at a big price, and Corsi and Kallio are my outsiders to watch. (Match bet material)
GP - Still like Lorenzo, and am pleased he`s not a distance behind Stoner and Pedrosa. Stoner the man to beat, as I think Pedrosa still isnt up to a full distance race. Spies to be best of the rest. God knows what Rossi will do.

Warm Up for me is still the most enlightening session, no big punts till thats done and dusted.
Report sniperAYR April 2, 2011 10:59 PM BST
Take 2.7 on Stoner now...yull not get it IF he's fastest in warm up,but then again,he's no need to be fastest in warm up as he's already got pole..Bloody AussiesLaugh
Report bb66 April 3, 2011 8:22 AM BST
damp track in WU, rain expected for races
Report bb66 April 3, 2011 8:34 AM BST
shame West has to start from 30th on grid, if wet and preventing a fall he will work his way up, but it might be too late for top positions
Report Mike0002 April 3, 2011 10:08 AM BST
maybe rain
http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/Spain/Jerez.htm
Report bb66 April 3, 2011 10:56 AM BST
Terol in a class of his own, this time not on speed but on cleverness
Report Alex the old wrinkled retainer April 3, 2011 11:00 AM BST
Not a 1.02 shot for the world title though. Shocked
Report bb66 April 3, 2011 11:06 AM BST
correct, but the only risk is an injury that forces him to miss more than 3 races, on track he won't be beaten for the title
Report sniperAYR April 3, 2011 11:15 AM BST
Repair bill for Moto2 class gonna be huge..Lets all get round turn one safely...
Report bb66 April 3, 2011 11:33 AM BST
live timing a nightmare today, don't know who has fastest laps coming from behindCry
Report bb66 April 3, 2011 11:35 AM BST
West 10th but does he gain or lose to leaders?
Report Mike0002 April 3, 2011 1:10 PM BST
WHAT A RACE IN THE MOTOGP SO FAR

EPICBlushBlushBlush
Report coney April 3, 2011 1:11 PM BST
GO MARCO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report coney April 3, 2011 1:13 PM BST
fck me how good is Vale, he really is peerless.

As ive said fro 18 months, Simoncelli is the heir apparent.He
is an absolute jet.
Report Mike0002 April 3, 2011 1:15 PM BST
the doctor wanted too much
sad
was a great performance so far
Report coney April 3, 2011 1:16 PM BST
Oh dear Vale!!!!

Was that just a touch of commentator's curse by me????

MARCO!!!!!!!!!!!

I have backed Hayden at 200 as well !!Laugh

I love wet racesLaugh[;)]
Report coney April 3, 2011 1:18 PM BST
I need some precipitation please it is starting to dry out.......
Report Mike0002 April 3, 2011 1:23 PM BST
track drying pedrosa back, matched at 900

amazing scenes
Report coney April 3, 2011 1:33 PM BST
We have to do in running bets on the phone here, I was literally saying "lay Simonc.... (at 1.6)" at the exact moment he parked it head 1st on the tarmac. Fkn sickening end to a sickening weekend.
Report sniperAYR April 3, 2011 2:04 PM BST
Quote of the day...Stoner to Vale..."your ambition outweighs your talent"....The Australian does have a sense of humour after allLaughLaugh
Report Schneppi²³ April 3, 2011 2:24 PM BST
why early start of moto 2, thought after moto gp?!
Report Pounf April 3, 2011 2:43 PM BST
Kind of gutted as I`ve fancied Lorenzo for this since Qatar, but dont like him in the wet, so didnt back him doh ! I know he won, but he shouldnt have, so I was right in an odd way.
Report Pounf April 3, 2011 2:44 PM BST
"Your ambition outweighs your talent".......Stoner to Rossi mmmm
Report sniperAYR April 3, 2011 2:58 PM BST
Sarcasm from Stoner maybe...wrong choice of words...hopefully they'll both move on..
Report GPT April 3, 2011 5:50 PM BST
Racing incident nothing more,may be be it will be Pedrosas year he got out of jail today.
Report poorpup April 13, 2011 9:15 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com