Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fkqmz
03 Mar 11 21:03
| Topic/replies: 3,313 | Blogger: fkqmz's blog
On the new Pirelli's, firstly Fernando Alonso

"From what we have seen so far, degradation is very significant, which means we will have races with lots of pit stops," he said. "I'm not keen on that because I think this increased uncertainty does not favour the strongest teams."

Plain and secondly Sebastian Vettel

"they degrade too quickly … by lap 16 or 17 they're falling apart. The problem is that after a certain number of laps the tyre is finished, no matter what the driver does."

Laugh well good! maybe you'll actually have to do some WORK to EARN your world championship this year. with all these driver aids and high performance aerodynamics, F1 has been too easy for too long. its about time something was done to make it more challenging, essentially so theres more likelyhood of drivers making mistakes.

i think who manages their tyres best during races this year will be THE pivotal factor in who wins the championship. getting it right or wrong could gain or cost you minutes during races. imo this means race leaders should be trading at longer prices in running than we saw last year because the scope for change due to tyre degredation is significantly more. also laying pole positions will surely be profitable this year. any thoughts?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 17
By:
thebandit
When: 06 Mar 11 17:20
with all these driver aids and high performance aerodynamics

so you're saying driver aids and aerodynamics never existed in the past???
By:
fkqmz
When: 07 Mar 11 20:27
of course they did, whats your point?
By:
thebandit
When: 08 Mar 11 22:19
That was the point fkqmz or are you phising??? (bad elf!!!)

Besides, perhaps I took the wrong tack having misinterpreted your initial post myself. You seem to be whinging about driver aids which, to an extent, I can see your point (especially regarding launch control and to an extent traction control) but aerodynamics play a pivotal role in most motor sports (after all the whole point is to make the car fast, efficient etc. as this is Motorsport and not banger racing). Would you rather we just chucked a load of 1.0 Nissan Micra's out there and ask them to race???
By:
fkqmz
When: 09 Mar 11 22:19
no i know where your coming from but the level of performance just seems to be increasing exponentially as technology improves and the cars are just on rails now. i agree though the option is to simplify aerodynamics which would involve regulating them and making them all use the same stuff. We already have this, its called a1gp, its sh!t.

whatever i think irrespective of this the tyres are going to improve the show and this is the point of the thread so tyres................
By:
thebandit
When: 10 Mar 11 21:48
Tyres, mmm. For what it's worth I honestly think that although yes you could argue F1 is on rails to an extent at least and I enjoy seeing exciting racing but the other hand knowing my tyres'll be buggered after a few laps etc thus making it with more stops, uncertainty, as Alonso says will make it more random and the best driver/team may well be handicapped. Admittedly being the best at sport was never my thing but I'd hate to become the best only to be told to be in a round about way to get tae feck etc.

Also agree with A1 GP though, wasn't the most succesful was it.
By:
Help2
When: 13 Mar 11 13:09
"they degrade too quickly … by lap 16 or 17 they're falling apart. The problem is that after a certain number of laps the tyre is finished, no matter what the driver does." 

thats sounds good..:) And all we can wish for is rain [:D]
By:
Help2
When: 13 Mar 11 13:12
Has the launch and traction control been  removed for the next season?
By:
thebandit
When: 13 Mar 11 17:09
Help! - As far as I am aware launch control hasn't been allowed from 2004 and traction control for the last year at least.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 11 02:33
this is my point though. it wont be random at all, its going to be the team/car/driver that uses their tyres the best who will win the championship this year.
By:
Mike0002
When: 15 Mar 11 14:45
Button's chance imo.
By:
fkqmz
When: 16 Mar 11 10:59
well yes thats the obvious conclusion to jump to, definately i think the older more experienced drivers will be at an advantage. i dont like it but everythings pointing to Alonso this year for me, if he can keep a bit cooler and not let the petulance of the younsters get to him that is!
By:
thebandit
When: 16 Mar 11 21:49
this is my point though. it wont be random at all, its going to be the team/car/driver that uses their tyres the best who will win the championship this year.

Over the course of a season yes, but I reckon we might just see the odd freak/random result at least this year fkqmz at least.
By:
fkqmz
When: 17 Mar 11 10:36
and is that a bad thing?..... thinking about races like monaco 96, nurburgring 99 i mean
By:
ocukstinky
When: 17 Mar 11 14:22
Nurby 99, what a corker. Was that where Diniz buried himself at the 2nd corner? Grin
By:
fkqmz
When: 17 Mar 11 16:53
yep, and badoer nearly finished 4th in a minardi!
By:
thebandit
When: 17 Mar 11 22:11
Not saying it is a bad thing fkqmz, not at all.
By:
thebandit
When: 17 Mar 11 22:13
The irony being is Badoer's retirement put his Minardi team mate (Gene???) in a points paying position.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com