Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fkqmz
07 Feb 11 06:47
| Topic/replies: 3,313 | Blogger: fkqmz's blog
So it looks very much like Kubica is going to be out all season. Renault said at their launch that the preferred third driver was Bruno Senna but can you really see them starting the season with Petrov and Senna ? Its too weak - Kubica set the fastest lap in testing last week and if the car's any good, the pay drivers wont be able to maximise its potential. Also if Im a major sponsor of Renault F1, I dont think id be too happy about them starting the season with one man who barely held his job last year, and one who was shown up by Christian Klien!

In short, Renault need to get a world class driver in the car sharpish, someone with genuine quality who can convert the wins if the car is up to it. Renault need Kimi ! (Crash helmet secured)
Pause Switch to Standard View Renault Situation
Show More
Report worcesterwilly February 7, 2011 5:04 PM GMT
IMHO

Far and away the best driven option is Hulkenburg - I assume he is still without a race drive??

Failing that Kovaleinen or Trulli as a short term option of they could secure one of those pair??
Report flyingkipper February 7, 2011 5:23 PM GMT
Really see one Lotus teams drivers going to the other when they are both in dispute over the Lotus name - not! Use your brain!!!
Report worcesterwilly February 7, 2011 9:09 PM GMT
That is just a storm in a tea cup - the Malaysian guy would happily settle imho if Renault offered him a wodge of cash for one of his drivers...
Report flyingkipper February 8, 2011 10:23 AM GMT
Fernandez wouldnt give them the drips off his d!ick. And renault wouldnt stoop that low to ask.
Report fkqmz February 8, 2011 3:06 PM GMT
trulli would be a good solution though. worked for team before, happy to retire after 1 year should Kubica be recovered. makes sense. to be honest though i think this renault is going to be a good car and i dont think any of the names being muted so far are good enough to extract the potential. assuming kimi and renault really do hate each other following the debacle last summer, it has to be hulkenburg or heidfeld for me - although if i was eric boullier id be mortified at having those two to pick from to lead my team.

difficult situation........
Report Green Board February 8, 2011 8:28 PM GMT
Apaprently Boullier has mentioned Senna, Heidfeld and Liuzzi. I'd like to see Senna get a few races in a better car but as already mentioned a pairing of him and Petrov would be one of the weakest in the field. Guess Heidfeld will probably get his chance - can't see why they'd pick Liuzzi.
Report flyingkipper February 9, 2011 8:35 AM GMT
Id be happy to have Hulkenburg, once he gets into a good team/car he will go well.
Report Shalimah February 10, 2011 11:49 AM GMT
Heidfeld testing for Renault on Saturday or Sunday.
Report worcesterwilly February 10, 2011 12:21 PM GMT
I think Trulli would be an excellent shout - given his qualifying prowess and mobile chicane racing style - there could be many points gleaned that way!

Guys like Glock,Trulli,Kovalainen must be looking closely ate their contracts and wondering !!!!!!!!!
Report fkqmz February 10, 2011 1:13 PM GMT
Laugh i bet they wish they could eat their contracts Laugh
Report Shalimah February 12, 2011 2:47 PM GMT
Heidfeld fastest at the moment  1m 20.3
Report Shalimah February 12, 2011 2:50 PM GMT
http://www.yallaf1.com/live/
Report Leuy Fan February 13, 2011 5:25 PM GMT
haha...still dreaming that your beloved kimi might return eh fkqmz, what a shame Laugh[;)]Laugh thanks for that "cant touch this"
Report fkqmz February 14, 2011 8:49 AM GMT
it has to be hulkenburg or heidfeld for me

get your head back in glory fan [:yawn:]
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com