Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Taylor's world
16 Nov 10 19:30
| Topic/replies: 337 | Blogger: Taylor's world's blog
Merc and mclaren one two in title.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 19
By:
camjay
When: 16 Nov 10 21:31
Not sure about Merc but I'd go with Red Bull 3rd or 4th

Sauber to finish ahead of Williams
By:
worcesterwilly
When: 17 Nov 10 09:06
Ferrari
Red Bull
Mercedes
McLaren
Renault

the rest also-rans....Lotus to be the best of the newcomers closing significantly on Toro Rosso....
By:
fkqmz
When: 17 Nov 10 14:19
I'll make a bold comment, whatever Taylors World predicts, won't happen!
By:
worcesterwilly
When: 17 Nov 10 18:09
She'll probably have her first period next year and tear her L e e e w w w w i i i i s s s s pictures down in an attack on evil men!
By:
GPT
When: 17 Nov 10 19:40
Hamilton to be the best driver again,not really sticking my neck out there though he's been the best for years.
By:
worcesterwilly
When: 17 Nov 10 20:29
another pre-menstrual schoolgirl takes to the forum in the guise of GPT...

L l l l l l l l l l l l l e e e e e e e e e e e e w w w w w w w w w w w w w i i i i i i i i i i i s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s......
By:
Green Board
When: 17 Nov 10 21:50
I can't see anyone outside of the top 4 making big inroads but between those four it's hard to say - Mercedes are going to be the outsiders (and probably also have the weaker driver combo of the top teams) but whether they may have been able to put more resources into next years car - it's hard to say. The Pirelli tyres may well throw a curve ball into the equation too.
By:
worcesterwilly
When: 18 Nov 10 08:34
GB...I think all logic would be Pirelli - Italian Company,Italian tyres....supplied Ferrari in the days when there was tyre choice...

Red Bull will again be reliant on Renault engines and their own excellent aero-dynamic package and its clear from their own factory team that Renault seemed to get a bit more grunt in to the engines before the end of this season.

I'd disagree that Mercedes have the weaker driver combo,I think Kers and adjustable front wing will help Schumacher,as will the fact that he has had this season.I believe the more variables the better Schumi will be......he must have felt at times this season like he was just sat at a nintendo....and imho Rosberg is on a par with any driver in the world right now if he had comparible equipment.....lets not forget he destroyed Hamilton at GP2 level...the Mercedes factory engine will also imho deliver the most consistent power..

McLaren I think will suffer this next season becasue unlike 2010 when Mercedes came back in late taking over Brawn they will not get the very best Mercedes power pack....why should Mercedes risk losing a possible title by giving a rival as good an engine.....it may finally dawn on Dennis and Whitmarsh that for the first time in decades McLaren are now effectively a private team as the support they've had from Merc....as they had previously from Honda dwindles....

Ferrari will always have a decent power block and the Pireli tyres will help but based on 2009 they were way behind with Kers development and are'nt as advanced as Red Bull in terms of aerodynamics......maybe they will go without Kers??????.....it could be the rear wing adjustment alone could be just as effective as you wont have the weight burden of Kers.....none of us really know...the other imponderable at Ferrari is Massa.....if he got back to pre-crash form great if not as nice a guy as he is - he could be the lame duck of the top 8 drivers in terms of the top 4 teams..

If Renault coul start a season as they end it....they too could be major players....Kubca imho a similar level to Rosberg in that he is as goos as there is.....and Petrov on the right track in the right car will wake a few people up....

Of the BIG 4 therefore I think its McLaren with the most worries sheer power wise.....and its hard to see where else they could go for engines unless they could persuade someone like BMW r Honda back in and given the current economic climate......cant see that happening any time soon.
By:
Taylor's world
When: 18 Nov 10 19:54
Mclaren have the top merc spec till 2014. and i think kers is complusery
By:
worcesterwilly
When: 18 Nov 10 20:54
are you Ron Dennis....how can anyone other than Haug actually say what spec of Merc engine McLaren will have??..
By:
johnnie walker
When: 18 Nov 10 22:07
i ll go for shumacher to win the title with ease.
By:
flyingkipper
When: 19 Nov 10 12:41
W/Willy - F1 engines now have to be homologated with the FIA which means each manufacturers engines have to use identical parts across all their engines. This makes it very difficult to change the specification/performance of the engines. Therefore the performance across the McLaren/Force India/Mercedes teams engines will be practically identical so no Merc engined team will enjoy an advantage over the other.
By:
worcesterwilly
When: 19 Nov 10 15:22
flyingkipper - if that is correct - then I stand corrected....thank you!
By:
GPT
When: 21 Nov 10 09:14
You are cking clueless willyLaugh
By:
fkqmz
When: 22 Nov 10 07:24
Having extended his title lead desperate Dan jawed digger Mark Webber will still however need to stamp his authority over team mate Vettel this time which I expect him to do as he has consistently done when needed this year.
Perennial c0ck up merchant Vettel somehow stayed on all 4 wheels in Japan but expect the spoilt brat to make a major gaff this weekend.
Monkey face Alonso showed he cannot win without drivers letting him past in Japan his championship is done without Phillipas' help.
Bad luck continues to dog the world's fastest driver Hamilton,with another penalty he is out of the equation this weekend.
Half decent triathlete and driver Button will again be half decent.
Phillipa Massa will further dent his low esteem by following monkey man around.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
dacrown
When: 04 Jan 11 11:03
Hamilton to win the title. Button a few races. Red Bull....could be miles ahead (in which case strike Ham) or not. Ferrari, All Alonso of course and why not? In with a shout. Massa? IndyCar in 2012. Merc? Hmmmmm interesting....Best of the rest? No idea....
Can't wait for the first tests as it is very open again with the new rules.
By:
pug munter
When: 10 Jan 11 21:09
I will make a bold comment.... Worcester willy is talking ****

"imho Rosberg is on a par with any driver in the world right now if he had comparible equipment.....lets not forget he destroyed Hamilton at GP2 level"

they didnt even race in the same year in Gp2... Rosberg was in 2005, Hamilton in 2006.... they did however race together in karting...... and Hamilton was the quicker of the 2..

hope this helps.. [smiley:crazy]
By:
fkqmz
When: 11 Jan 11 12:40
this is like debating who will finish higher in the premiership middle division, wigan or stoke? who cares!?
By:
GPT
When: 13 Jan 11 16:36
pug munter is correct what are you on about willy?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com