Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
worcesterwilly
16 Nov 10 11:53
| Topic/replies: 7,015 | Blogger: worcesterwilly's blog
Have the greatest respect for both guys....good and honest but a tenth off the top boys imho...

Whats doubly frustrating is that if only Kubica and Rosberg could get in to a Ferrari and a Red Bull I really do think either of them could seriously attack the top 4...Vettel,Alonso,Button and Hamilton....

Maybe though Mercedes - with longer to develop their 2011 car than RB,Ferrari and McLaren will hit the ground running and give Rosberg (and Schuey) the car their talents deserve....

That would leave Kubica who imho would be ideal in Ferrari No 2 seat!...
Pause Switch to Standard View Massa and Webber
Show More
Report ocukstinky November 16, 2010 12:58 PM GMT
I'll honestly be surprised if Schumi stays next year. Was battered by Rosberg, and at times did have the measure of him, but the car wasn't good enough. Can it go from a consistent lower-mid points scorer to a podium/race-winning car over the winter? They've got the knowledge, support, funds and drivers to win, but I can't see it happening that quick. Rosberg/Webber swap would be brilliant.

I'd say they're more than a tenth off tbh, Massa more off the pace than Webber but he's not been the same since he came back.
Report worcesterwilly November 16, 2010 1:04 PM GMT
I also have a hunch - given the late Merc/Brawn deal this spring - that Mercedes will be far keener to supply only the best engines to their own team and some significantly less grunty engines to McLaren....possibly the same as FI get....

Lewis will need extra batteries for his radio in that case[;)]
Report fkqmz November 16, 2010 1:08 PM GMT
In an ideal world yes but ferrari dont seem to operate like this, they prefer to have a clear 1 and 2. unfortunately for them, massa seems to now be cottoning on to the fact that thats all he's there for, and I think he'll be off in the next couple of years. more likely to be replaced by someone like irvine and barrichello before him who are reliable and quick without ever threatening to be good enough for a championship.

kubica ithink will end up at red bull - eventually, but it may take vettel leaving first. this isnt impossible as Mercedes definately want him if they can get him. question is, if/when all this happens, who will have the car advantage then? imo the more you keep messing about with the rules, the more you give adrian newey and ross brawn the advantage. keep the rules similar and history suggests the others particularly renault will come to the fore. one to watch anyway...
Report worcesterwilly November 16, 2010 1:18 PM GMT
Have to agree about the rules....

The thought of a Kers switch and an adjustable rear wing down a straight in to a braking zone imho is potentially deadly.....time it fractionally wrong and there will be a lot more like Webber next season....e.g airborne!....

Dont see the point of Kers anyway.....and if you are going to give that kind of powerboost why not bring bloody turbos back!
Report fkqmz November 16, 2010 1:21 PM GMT
I think the point of it was to show F1 making an effort to be more "green" wasn't it. unfortunately it was a MASSIVE fail on that front and the only reason we'll probably see it back was because it improved overtaking.
Report worcesterwilly November 16, 2010 1:23 PM GMT
agreed...

I just go cold at the thought of 5 guys line astern all slip streaming and pressing the kers and wing button half way a straight....its a recipie for disaster imho...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com