Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lambers1
09 Nov 10 11:40
| Topic/replies: 556 | Blogger: lambers1's blog
Here's how I see it
1) The most widely expected, Red Bull are 1 and 2 throughout the race and Alonso is running 3rd.  Of course Vettel will let Webber through if isnt in front already.  Scenario = webber world champ at 2.66
2) Alonso qualies in pole and goes off into the distance, never threatend and wins the race and title.
Scenario = Alonso wins world title at 1.97 (nb race odds 5.6 much more tasty)
3) Vettel leads but Alonso is in between the red bulls.  This could be complex, because Vettel wont be able to win title if Alonso in top 4, so I expect Vettel might have to slow up to create a bunching up and hope for the best, either for Webber to have a dart at Alonso and perhaps take him out leaving Vettel champ or maybe Webber get past Alonso and then Vettel will let him past to make Webber champ. 
Should be a good race with tactics changing through the grand prix and will make for great viewing, certainly if a mclaren could come to the party that could throw a spanner into the works.
Pause Switch to Standard View Abu Dhabi 'The 3 scenarios'
Show More
Report Help2 November 12, 2010 7:12 PM GMT
crazy hamilton will be up their to mess it up..

Lets hope massa and Button can fight with them to..[:D]
Report V4 Vendetta November 12, 2010 7:47 PM GMT
So where does d'Artagnan fit into this?
Report HS007 November 14, 2010 1:46 AM GMT
Vettel 1, Webber 2 and Alonso 5 is a three-way Dead Heat.
This would give Alonso and Vettel five wins each, eliminating Webber with four.
Then Alonso and Vettel each have two 2nds and three 3rds.
The winner emerges on 4th position, where Vettel has three to Alonso's two.
Report bb66 November 14, 2010 7:21 AM GMT
Webber not even strong enough to help Vettel to win the titleSad
Report worcesterwilly November 14, 2010 9:39 AM GMT
HS007 - are you Charlie Whiting....

well done bud for sorting that one out - I reckon Bernie owes you a fee!
Report Fraudster November 14, 2010 11:35 AM GMT
For me Allonso and Hamilton out on the first corner, Vettel engine failure, Button first Webber second - world champion [;)]
Report Green Board November 14, 2010 3:26 PM GMT
Sceanrio 4 - Ferrari make an pretty stupid pit stop decision! :)
Report worcesterwilly November 14, 2010 3:43 PM GMT
Green Board....how can you say it wa sstupid?....in hindsight yes but at the time it was totally logical - they had no alternative but to focus on the key threat i.e Webber.....all their calculations would have been match Webbers move and finsih ahead of him behind Vettel and the 2 McLarens and they would win the title....

Hindsight is a great thing but you cant say the decision was stupid at the time it was the most logical thing to do....whats paradoxical is that Red BULL with a Renault Engine had Kubica riding shotgun for Vettel and Petrov (who I thought was outstanding) driving to hold Alonso at bay totally legitimately...I suspect that had Alonso passed Petrov that Ferrari would have had a walk down to the Williams pit to see what kind of deal might be done for them to have Ferrari engines on the cheap next seasonLaugh[;)]Laugh[;)]
Report Green Board November 14, 2010 4:24 PM GMT
I say it was stupid because at the time I was thinking if you pull him in now you may well lose this. For me Vettel was the key threat after lap 1. The Massa pit made sense as that could have put Webber out of contention (when I first saw the Ferrari mechanics out I was hoping it was for Alonso and was quiet surprised when they pulled him in soon after).
Report GPT November 14, 2010 4:46 PM GMT
littlewilly wrong againLaugh
Report worcesterwilly November 14, 2010 7:24 PM GMT
GPT...well I'm in very good company then as Brundle,Coulthar and Jordan all said they would have made the same call...

At least one of the best two drivers in the world at the moment won overall....and the other one came second in the title race![;)]
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com