Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Leuy Fan
26 Oct 10 20:59
| Topic/replies: 67 | Blogger: Leuy Fan's blog
I think that says it all. Its all on Webber or Alonso realistically now, but after seeing Red Bull try to keep the safety car out as long as possible in korea cos they didn't have the balls to race for their title makes last sunday all the sweeter.

You've only got to look at Lewis' radio communications to see that he is bred to race....simply to race!!!

Come on Alonso, stick it up Horner's arse!

And naturally (it would be wrong if i didn't say it)...come on lewis, you never know.....you never know!
Pause Switch to Standard View About time Red Bull's lack of...
Show More
Report Fashion Fever October 26, 2010 10:45 PM BST
lewis wouldnt be saying if he was leading the race would he ?
Report worcesterwilly October 27, 2010 6:12 PM BST
There is racing and there is lunacy....

23 drivers concerned about safety who wanted to race but realised it was frankly unsafe to do so - one idiot who does'nt give a fig for his own safety because he thinks he is immortal hence disregards everyone elses...

He is the kind of brainless idiot that you hear driving at 100mph in the fast lane in dense fog....when you cant see the end of your bonnet...

I'm 100% for racing when its sensible to do so - thank god no one got badly hurt at the times when it was ridiculosly dangerous and far too dangerous to continue at racing speed...
Report Taylor's world October 27, 2010 6:19 PM BST
what a wimps few.  Why don't you start watching golf then willy.  So what it was raining it wasnt a moonsoon and there wasn't any aqua planeing.  They should have started the race under the saftey car with no delays redbull didn't want to race and the back markers did'nt either.  Thank god for lewis hes like a breath of fresh air and thats why i love to watch him.
Report fkqmz October 28, 2010 9:47 AM BST
cant be ar$ed to find head in hands man, but if i could, he'd be here now.....
Report flyingkipper October 28, 2010 10:49 AM BST
What does anyone expect! Red Bull want the conditions to be as friendly to them as possible so the chance of error is minimal and Lewis wants it to be as unfriendly to RB as possible to introduce the possibilty of errors to give him the chance to catch them up in the WDC as in a straight shoot out RB win. If it was Lewis/McLaren were leading both WC's they would be saying the same as RB and vice versa. Its called playing the game.
Report worcesterwilly October 28, 2010 12:07 PM BST
Taylors world....

I've watched F1 for many years from when every year drivers got killed or maimed by making the slightest error sometimes not even their fault.Since the early 1990's safety has improved 1000 fold to the extent that frankly todays (so called) drivers dont know what danger is - they are so cossetted...indeed risk takers like Hamilton would'nt have lasted a season back in the 60's,70's,80's,90's he'd have been in a box by now as would a load of drivers who got in his way....

Just because they are now immune from 95% of the dangers of old doesnt mean to say that they should risk life and limb in the name of entertaining us - thats not being wimpish - its knowing when and where the boundaries to commonsense are....

Maybe when you have been to a motorsports event car or bike and witness at first hand some brave racer giving his life to the sport he loves,or being paralysed in the name of your entertainment you will have a bit more respect for others and be less childish and insulting to others....
Report FreeMoneyFred October 28, 2010 12:23 PM BST
good point well made but i fear it's wasted on the forum's resident mental patient. I'll therefore stick with the usual:-

Taylors world...... Laugh you're a moron Laugh
Report Taylor's world October 28, 2010 7:37 PM BST
How is it so dangerous willy when we havent seen anyone injured for years the cars are boom proof thanks to technogoly.  They would have been going slower due to the rain look what happened to Webber his car completly fliped and he just walked out like nothing had happen. And you can not compare f1 to bikes it totally different. imo its left wing people like you that bring the country and fun on its knees get a back bone willy and stop being so perthetic.  By the the time they raced they were only 8 laps of inters.  If we had it your way there would be no point in haveing full wets infact you are wet!CryCryCryCry
Report worcesterwilly October 29, 2010 8:52 AM BST
taylor.....stop talking out of your backside.....and accept the fact that F1 nor any other sport is about seeing people getting maimed.....

Quite what left wing has to do with anything is beyond my comprehension since the man who has bought more safety to F1 than anyone was a raving bleeding nazi.....max moseleyLaugh

Just because technology has improved safety does'nt mean you have to risk life and limb to prove that that technology works....
Report FreeMoneyFred October 29, 2010 10:05 AM BST
Laugh total moron Laugh
Report Taylor's world October 30, 2010 10:16 AM BST
But if the technology is proven safe then it was safe.  You really need to amit your wrong on this one willy your looking like a right stiff.Cry
Report Taylor's world October 30, 2010 10:20 AM BST
Free money Fred i mean what type of name is that.   We don't even get to hear your opinion you post silly comments that make you look like a right dxck head you sausage.
Report catfloppo October 30, 2010 5:22 PM BST
Hmmm, but we the viewers pay for this sport.  They were able to drive round behind the safety car so it was just q queation of how fast to go, as brundle said, as dictated by the conditions.  We all got up at 7am to watch their advertisments - we deserved to be entertained.
Report worcesterwilly October 31, 2010 8:32 AM GMT
cat - you are totally correct in what you say - the issue with some of these races paticularly in the East is that to accomodate European timings on tv they are stating at precisely the time of day when the rains are most likely to come....

I belive if you asked European F1 fans this question you'd get an overwhelming answer...

Qu, would you prefer to get up at 2/3/4am in Europe and watch a proper race in the dry or would you rather get up at your normal time and watch a rain invariably in heavy rain/monsoon....

I reckon 805 would rather watch a proper race....
Report Taylor's world October 31, 2010 9:41 AM GMT
Whats the big deal with raceing in the rain it makes for a better race.  Im not saying i want to see every race in the rain but now and agen its fun to watch.
Report worcesterwilly October 31, 2010 10:31 AM GMT
Theres racing in rain like we may get in Europe - i.e luck of the draw could be showers or heavy.....racing in daily tropical storms that dump as much water in an hour as we'd see here in a week is just plain stupid and there are now 3-4 races where the start time (local time) to fit in with Euro TV means that it is basically inevitable that the track will be awa**** just plain stupid and serves nobody and benefit in the long run!
Report FreeMoneyFred November 3, 2010 9:15 AM GMT
heres my opinion taylors world, you are stupid, very very stupid and every post you make here makes you look even more stupid. you clearly dont know anything about what you're talking about Laugh
Report FreeMoneyFred November 3, 2010 9:15 AM GMT
Cool
Report worcesterwilly November 3, 2010 9:40 AM GMT
Taylors world.....maybe F1 Offshore Powerboating would be a better sport for you to watch.....its very wet,people regularly get killed and I'm sure you could find an over-hyped spoilt little brat to follow??....
Report budvar November 3, 2010 11:41 AM GMT
The problem wasn't with the rain it was due to the tarmac leeching oil on the surface due to the fact that it was only laid two weeks ago. Drivers have said that they have raced in much worse weather with more standing water, but never on what was effectively a skid pan. The fault lies with the FIA for sanctioning a race on a track that was always going to be unfit for purpose if it rained. All about saving face and money. Hamilton was proved correct in saying it was fine to race as one of the Virgin cars was catching the pack, quite safely, by over 10 seconds a lap after it stopped for a pit stop. His comments about it being ready for inters was also proved correct within a few laps of the start. The drivers leading the championship did not want to race because the chance of a Webber style mistake was high. They were using the rain as an excuse not to race to suit their own interests, not in the interests of safety. If they carry on like this F1 will end up like Indy cars with no wet weather racing allowed, which would be a disaster.
Report worcesterwilly November 3, 2010 12:51 PM GMT
budvar....you kind of made an argument there and then proved yourself wrong LOL.....No one said it was due to the amount of rain and as you rightly point out the track was totally unsafe.....for F1 cars.....the fact the underpowered and slow Virgin car was able to catch up proves it.....maybe next year in Korea they should race in Hyundais....Laugh
Report Leuy Fan November 3, 2010 6:50 PM GMT
i just think you (willy and free) take all this way too seriously. You must be intelligent enough to know that Taylors comments are there to get under your skin, so in the end he's the one laughing cos he's got you all biting. Im pretty sure he understands the line between dangerous monsoon condition driving and a wet race.............and im afraid that that was a wet race. yes it should have started behind a safety car, but then RB were taking the pi*s.   You also slag lewis as being a not-a-care-for-life type of driver....weren't they best i.e. senna, hawthorn, schumacher.....the cars are safer, so drivers WILL drive at this new limit cos thats what they do...if they didn't they wouldn't be who they are and where they are. Instead they'd be patronising everyone on a forum each night with their "superior knowledge" of "days gone by" "when i was kid"...sorry m8, you gotta move with the times, and the times now are for Lewis Alonso, Rosberg and Vettel.......Plus, i'd much rather watch a guy put his life on the line than a wet willy, and not because (as you seem to think is the only reason) so that he ends up maiming himself or worse, but because i like to watch and support a man who is so passionate and dedicated that he is willing to push past the limit to the absolute max! that is what is entertaining, all 20-odd (probably more) of lewis' overtakes so far this season have been entertaining and most importantly...........inspiring!!! You're jealous of him so you see him as an idiot, i think his risk-to-reward analysis/perception is amazing so i see him as an inspiration
[:)][:)]thats all folks[:)][:)]
Report worcesterwilly November 4, 2010 8:21 AM GMT
yawn....
Report Taylor's world November 4, 2010 7:49 PM GMT
looks like leuy fan thinks your wet as well and budvar.  At last a little common sense on this forum keep it up leuy fan.
Report catfloppo November 4, 2010 10:28 PM GMT
Starting behind the safety car should be abandoned imo because they are always too cautious about when to call it in and all the excitement is missed.  I think the first safety car start was spa 97 where MS was driving around (on intermediate tyres) gesticulating about how dangerous the track was.  Then two laps behind the safety car and the track had dried to such an extent that the intermediate was the best tyre to be on.  So in a glorious demonstration of his regenmeister skills (i.e. being the only one on intermediates) he passed a handfull of drivers who then had to pit to change tyres leaving schumi to drive the remaining 43 laps a minute ahead of the field.  I was there, it was not very exciting.
I much prefered his three-wheeled regenmeister skills the following year.
Report Help2 November 5, 2010 1:45 PM GMT
but you can just slow down and adjust to the condition.. the weather at korea GP was not that bad, maybe Hamilton said it because he was behind the red bulls, but i have seen much worse condition out their...

I agree with hamilton that the safety car was out their for to long..

its was obvious to most of us!

and they are paid millions to drive, and people love to see wet races, so why not give it a go? do we want nascar condition in Formula 1? i hope not![;)]
Report budvar November 5, 2010 3:10 PM GMT
Looking at the forecast for qualifying tomorrow it looks like the health and safety boys will be out in force again, but I guess it will be Alonso who will want qualifying cancelled this time.
Report fkqmz November 7, 2010 5:42 PM GMT
About time Red Bull's lack of pedigree came to light

another mug thread

Red Bull WCC 2010 LaughLaugh
Report worcesterwilly November 7, 2010 6:57 PM GMT
I think anyone who starts a thread of that type about the most progressive entrant in to F1 in decades frankly makes themselves look both idiotic and devoid of any real knowledge of F1....

When you look at the budgets of the likes of Toyota and BAR in the past decade and then compare with what Red Bull has done it is quite outstanding.....I always had great admiration for what Eddie Jordan did as a privateer which in some ways outstripped BAR and Toyota but Red Bull are on a different planet in terms of speed of development to just about anyone else.....you could argue Brawn but in essence that was simply a rebranded car and the wholesale technical changes last year aided that greatly too....

Hats off to Red Bull....

and dunces cap to the idiot who started the thread!
Report Taylor's world November 7, 2010 8:52 PM GMT
Willy you mug.  Redbull one off wonder just like brawn.  And probably thrown there biggest chance of the real title.
Report fkqmz November 7, 2010 9:42 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Green Board November 8, 2010 9:53 PM GMT
What he said ^
Report Green Board November 8, 2010 9:55 PM GMT
Congrats to Red Bull on the title - hope they get the drivers too and even if they don't I like how they are letting their drivers race (although if the next race ends up Webber, Vettel, Alonso I'll have a different view!!)
Report Taylor's world November 10, 2010 6:45 PM GMT
They havnt let them race they have tried to hold webber back.  They all wanted vettle
Report Green Board November 10, 2010 6:51 PM GMT
I think they'd prefer Vettel but they have raced - it's not been like the Ferrari situation.
Report aidan jr November 11, 2010 5:07 PM GMT
wise up Leauy fan Red Bull have it
Report worcesterwilly November 11, 2010 5:30 PM GMT
pmsl...

If Webber left Red Bull and he went to McLaren to replace Hamilton as their No 2 driver and Hamilton went to Red Bull as No 2 to Vettel - Leuy would be on here saying how Red Bull were the greatest team in the history of F1....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com