Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
worcesterwilly
10 Oct 10 08:53
| Topic/replies: 7,015 | Blogger: worcesterwilly's blog
McLaren Team...

Team my ass!....its Hamiltons Team,after today that is abundently clear!,in fact it's been clear for months.

Jenson asked "we have to look at the data to see why we stopped out so long on old rubber" - eerrmm - simple Jenson it was to give Hamilton track position over you!

Whitmarsh was asked "can you still win the Title" his reply "well Hamilton is 28 points behind so if he wins in Korea and the other top teams have a failur its all to play for"....eerrmm - what about Button eh Whitmarsh - or is 3 points back on Hamilton such a HUGE gap that you are confiming what we already know e.g team orders!

As a F1 gan of 30 odd years who is neither a McLaren,Ferrari or Red Bull man it really does STINK that not for the first time in F1 history the hypocrites at McLaren believe they are (a) above F1 law and (b) are so blind-eyed and biased.

Of course Jenson has to take some of the blame.Quite simpl he should never have gone there imho - he could have either stayed at Mercedes (old Brawn) and probably finished 6th this season instead of the 5th McLaren have consigned him to,and where I suspect he could have a better car than McLaren next season (as Brawn/Mercedes did very little early development on this years car something they have'nt been able o catch up) or he could have tried to engineer imho a move to Ferrari as co-driver with Alonso and I do believe Ferrari would have been very interested in that move indeed Ferrari 2012 (post Massa) might still be Buttons best medium term option unless an option arrives back at Mercedes if Rosberg goes to Ferrari in 2012 or Schumey calls it a day after next year..

Finally - I WOULD LOVE BUTTON TO GAIN 3 PTS MORE THAN HAMILTON IN KOREA SO HE GOES INTO THE LAST 2 RACES AS MCLAREN'S BEST OPTION - PMSL - to see what Whitmarsh does then!Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Jenson - you simply have to get out...
Show More
Report Virgin October 10, 2010 9:57 AM BST
3 races to go and all to play for ....
Report worcesterwilly October 10, 2010 10:22 AM BST
unless you are Button and you are kept out 10 laps longer than you should be on old rubber to allow your so called team mate to get track position on you when you do come in..

stinks[>o]Devil
Report montgomery brewster October 10, 2010 7:22 PM BST
you are a  fool.
Report Taylor's world October 11, 2010 9:38 PM BST
Hav to disagree with you willy.  For one the soft tyre goes off after 12 laps so he had to stay out that long.  And it was button decision to use the soft.  Secound Button is not as good as lewis so he should be no. 2 hes not as good as alonso or rosberg so he would be no. 2 in those teams as well.. I think he makes a perfect no. 2 for mclaren and hope he stays hes in a massive team earning good wages and he can contrute to winning a major title. Constructers.
Report catfloppo October 11, 2010 11:29 PM BST
Er, how many points is he trailing lewis by?
Report fkqmz October 13, 2010 8:51 AM BST
how many people has he crashed into this season?
Report Taylor's world October 14, 2010 6:22 PM BST
None because he dosnt take ricks he is to steady not a bad thing.  But thats not going to win you a title in a close match contest fk
Report there's only 1 f in Oxford October 15, 2010 10:15 PM BST
Doesn't take risks ???? So I guess being the first to change to slick tyres on a wet track in Australia was risk free then Confused
Report fkqmz October 16, 2010 10:01 AM BST
tw sort your head out you muppet
Report Taylor's world October 16, 2010 12:25 PM BST
Never overtakes unless he is sure.  Never takes big ricks.  That not the making of a champ
Report fkqmz October 16, 2010 12:53 PM BST
he IS champion you utter utter mong why are you continuing to make such an idiot of yourself?
Report Taylor's world October 16, 2010 5:01 PM BST
Can you really say that the brawn car was a fair season. No . You mug
Report there's only 1 f in Oxford October 16, 2010 6:17 PM BST
"Never overtakes unless he is sure"

Seems like a good policy to me. Poor bloke can't do anything right, if he drives a solid race and scores points on a regular basis he isn't taking risks. Yet, if he gambles on a tyre strategy (as in Japan) he's wrong.
Report catfloppo October 16, 2010 6:20 PM BST
Brawn was best at the start but not at the end.  Jenson maxed out on the good phase which is why he is champ.  If either of the red bull drivers had driven that well they would be champions already this year.

With three races to go he is three points behind the teammate who was going to destroy him in his first season with the team despite their reputation for favouritism and without any Alonso style dummy spitting. What price would you lay me for Jenson finishing on top at the end of the season?
Report Taylor's world October 16, 2010 8:31 PM BST
ok if you like that perhaps your as boring as him.   hes not my cup of tea.  Nice bloke, soild drives but wear the excitment???
Report worcesterwilly October 17, 2010 4:12 PM BST
WILL BE an intersting pshycological battle in McLaren team to see who finishes higher up the points table to claim the prime car number for next season...they will logically have 3 and 4 or 5 and 6 as things are going...
Report catfloppo October 17, 2010 10:25 PM BST
Taylor, I used to race bangers when I was a youngster.  I admire the more subtle skills of the professional racing driver.
Report Taylor's world October 18, 2010 5:51 PM BST
WHY stick up for boring Jenson then catflop?
Report catfloppo October 19, 2010 10:54 AM BST
I don't find it boring.  It is one of the intrigues of the season watching Janson vs Lewis.  I like both drivers and find it interesting that people automatically assume that the driver who throws the car around (including into other cars) is the most skillful.

You say that Jenson doesn't take risks but it was a huge one going to mclaren and he is holding his own against Lewis, wouldn't you say?
Report Taylor's world October 21, 2010 7:13 PM BST
Hes done better than i thought and your right it was a massive rick going to mclaren and he hasnt discrased him self however on raw pace in qualy he is shown that he his no.2 on nearly ever occasion.  And he dosnt take ricks when trying to pass someone and i find it a little fustrating and a little boring.
Report Chg October 23, 2010 1:36 PM BST
Button is good if the car is perfect. Today showed only too well if it needs something a bit different to his smooth style he is screwed. The gap between Hammy and Lewis is an AGE, so if there are team orders now going into the last 4 races I'd say they are very well justified
Report Chg October 23, 2010 1:37 PM BST
Make that between Hammy and Button LOL
Report Tucker Max October 23, 2010 1:39 PM BST
spellin discracefull on dis thred
Report Taylor's world October 23, 2010 3:11 PM BST
so what tucker its not a spelling test.  Forum for giving your opinion. And there no spell check on the forumSad
Report fkqmz October 24, 2010 7:28 AM BST
Laugh boo hoo i need a spell check
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com