Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
HorsePlacing150
29 Sep 10 12:42
| Topic/replies: 1,226 | Blogger: HorsePlacing150's blog
OR ARE THEY JUST THERE FOR SHOW AND ADVERTISING / SPONSORSHIP INCOME. MY MATE USED TO WORK IN THE MCCLAREN PIT CREW AND HE SAID THAT FOR 90% OF THE RACE THE CAR WAS CONTROLLED BY THE PIT ENGINEERS AND AUTOMATICALLY CONTROLLED BY TRACK SENSORS???

IN THEORY WE COULD ALL BE F1 DRIVERS
Pause Switch to Standard View IN F1 DOES THE DRIVER REALLY MAKE ANY...
Show More
Report pug munter September 29, 2010 2:34 PM BST
80% car 20% driver.  imho
Report ocukstinky September 29, 2010 2:39 PM BST
Can YOU handle pulling between 2.5 and 5g for 2 hours? Can YOU control 700bhp perfectly? Can YOU hit every apex perfectly and know the racing line? Can YOU help develop a car with your knowledge of the track and car itself?

No, you bloody can't. So no, we can't all be F1 drivers.
Report pug munter September 29, 2010 2:43 PM BST
ps above poster is correct, if it were that easy we would all be doing it....
Report HorsePlacing150 September 30, 2010 7:51 AM BST
MY POINT WAS THE THAT MY MATE TOLD ME THAT THE DRIVER JUST SITS THERE FOR MOST OF THE RACE AND PRETENDS TO TURN THE WHEEL WHEN THE PIT ENGINEERS ARE DRIVING THE CAR ..... A BIT LIE AUTO-PILOT
Report FreeMoneyFred September 30, 2010 12:29 PM BST
3 words for you

luca - badoer - ferrari

discussion over

Cool
Report ocukstinky September 30, 2010 5:00 PM BST
If you think he's bad, you obviously hadn't seen the likes of Jean-Denis Délétraz, Bertrand Gachot, Pedro Diniz, Roberto Moreno, Mimo Schiattarella, Tiger Takagi, Shinji Nakano.. I could go on. They were a LOT worse.

HP150 - poor effort, 0.5/10.
Report Taylor's world September 30, 2010 9:16 PM BST
CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT FK GOT TO SAY ABOUT THIS
Report fkqmz October 1, 2010 8:10 AM BST
Laugh tw doesnt read other threads then

esteban tuero is a shocking omission btw
Report catfloppo October 1, 2010 9:28 AM BST
Ricardo Rosset.  I think Diniz was not that bad btw.
Report fkqmz October 1, 2010 9:37 AM BST
take inoue Laugh
Report ocukstinky October 1, 2010 1:10 PM BST
Tuero was about 11 when he parked his bum in that Minardi though, and quite often parked it in the gravel. Rosset.. jeez, I think back to Spa '98 when he's mentioned. Half the field t-boning each other in front of him and he doesn't even brake going into the carnage, just totally ignores the fact there's no path through and leathers it into the side of Alesi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxo3vsUEkbw
Report ocukstinky October 1, 2010 1:10 PM BST
Cat - Diniz would never have got a drie without daddy's money Plain
Report worcesterwilly October 1, 2010 3:12 PM BST
okustinky

I dont think Gacot deserves to be on that lst - he was doing well at Jordan and impressing EJ when he had a brush with the law in London and lsot his sponsorship - if emory serves me correctly?

My take on current F1 drivers - they do far less in terms of driving than earlier generations but have to be supremly fit,certainly a lot fitter than some in the past.

I'd like to see someof the current generation of supposed greats drive a car without downforce with a gearstick and god forbid a clutch!

I think of the current generation Jenson Button would adapt the best given his smooth style and the way he can on occasions nurse a car...

Of the older generation I think Prost would be nigh on unbeatable since he was never super fast but he was ultra consistent and always played the percentages...
Report catfloppo October 1, 2010 7:27 PM BST
ocukstinky

Cat - Diniz would never have got a drie without daddy's money

True, but he was still ok.
Report ocukstinky October 1, 2010 11:03 PM BST
He punched a taxi driver IIRC, was jailed for it, and some kid called Schumacher drove in his place. Funny old game eh!

When he returned though, look where he ended up. The mighty shambles that were Pacific.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com