Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
worcesterwilly
27 Sep 10 08:23
| Topic/replies: 7,015 | Blogger: worcesterwilly's blog
Track and inrastructure WONT be ready apparently!

If its IS'NT what do they do???

Simply reduce the races by 1 or find an alternative venue quickly in that part of the world?

Kind of makes betting on overall outcome difficult until resolved imho!
Pause Switch to Standard View Bernie has grave doubts about Korean GP
Show More
Report fkqmz September 27, 2010 10:17 AM BST
I imagine it'll get cancelled and nothing will take its place

fwiw i redict the Indian GP will end up suffering the same fate. it will if their attempt to host the commonwealth games is anything to go by anyway!
Report thebandit October 5, 2010 7:35 PM BST
Perhaps I'm naive but would've thought Bernie et al would've had it in place (track, services etc.) either before the start fo the season or early part of it.
Report ocukstinky October 6, 2010 6:20 PM BST
SJ going 4/11 it's on, 15/8 it's not. I really can't see it not going ahead, no way in hell would Bernie let that happen.
Report the.mad.dog.man October 6, 2010 11:02 PM BST
boring
Report fkqmz October 7, 2010 9:04 AM BST
would be more boring if it didnt happen at all!
Report doreen01 October 7, 2010 10:14 AM BST
Latest inside word is that they will get Japan over with - quickly go down there and the insiders are saying to me - it maybe delayed by 1 week.

But do not hold me to that - Bernie manages to get results done on time somehow !

I think if Korea fail the test - they maybe struck off for a number of years allowing new tracks to take their slot - but Bernie would of course keep all the rights fee 100% - as it was all the Koreans' fault !

Bernie is great at giving a contract to someone who he knows can not deliver - takes all their money - waits for it to fall over and then resells the rights for the same money and gets double bubble.

Silverstone & Donington Park spring to mind !
Report worcesterwilly October 7, 2010 10:28 AM BST
I just wish Bernie would invest some of his dosh (his  mean F1) IN TO some of the better European/Overseas tracks that could return to F1

Sweden
Czech - Brno
Holland - Zandvoort/Assen
France - Le Mans
Argentina

rather than piddle around paying hundreds of millions for glorified go-kart tracks designed by a computer geek (Tilke) with no appreciation of cars or racing!

If we are not careful half the calender will be on **** tracks or tracks like car parks with no live spectators/fans watching like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.....it wilL kill F1
Report fkqmz October 7, 2010 10:48 AM BST
he's following the money, the middle/far east is where all the money is now and bernie is just following it. europe is skint and he wont invest money here.
Report Stringer October 8, 2010 1:30 AM BST
Agreed worcester the Tilke Dromes are incredibly dull and boring
Report baracouda30 October 8, 2010 8:18 PM BST
Tilke redesigned the first turn at Nurburgring. I think it made it worse. Now just a low speed bore.

Had a hand in the tedious A1 Ring in Austria. Awful design.

Hockenheim...actually not too bad.
Fuji...yawn
Valencia...yawn
Turkey...ok
Shanghai...yawn
Bahrain...double yawn
Malaysia...average
Korea...we'll see but I have doubts
Report atallbloke October 8, 2010 9:02 PM BST
What about Estoril, I'd put that on the list of forgotten tracks too.
Report Help2 October 10, 2010 7:45 PM BST
i hope you right, because i want to see that race.. its nice to have new races..

Cant wait to see races in Russia,India and maybe africaBlush
Report ocukstinky October 12, 2010 3:37 PM BST
They won't race at Zandvoort ever again. Brno would make a good race actually.

Agreed with comments on Tilkedromes, the guy's a twerp. I liked Austria actually, nice bit of carnage now and then generally livened things up!

Malaysia's not bad either, best of a bad bunch imo.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com