Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Leuy Fan
26 Sep 10 17:56
| Topic/replies: 67 | Blogger: Leuy Fan's blog
Well i must say that was an amazing drive from Alonso. Ferrari have really sorted out their car. Full respect for a drive like that...did you see them in the waiting room before going on to the podium? - no speaking, they all looked exhsuated.

As for Webber, if that had been Hamilton everyone would be slating him as a cheating no-skilled petulant daddys boy...you know where i stand, a great move from leuy, a cheap shot from webber that he was lucky to get away with!
Pause Switch to Standard View Brilliant Alonso...cheap shot Webber
Show More
Report ocukstinky September 26, 2010 7:06 PM BST
Pardon? LH himself dismissed it as "a racing incident", as did the commentators, and as did anyone who doesn't wear silver specs. NEXT!
Report worcesterwilly September 26, 2010 7:23 PM BST
leuy fan

PLEASE PLEASE take those blinkers OFF!

You start the post excellently by praising Alonso,Vettel too drove an excellent race!

Webber DID'NT DO ANYTHING WRONG!

He had the racing line in to the corner and turned perfectly in to the corner,he was never going to slam on the brakes and let Hamilton sail on - he may as well have parked the car got out and retired.

Hamilton took a risk,a racers risk,but as I've continually said he takes FAR too many of these risks to be called a "great" at this point!

Discretion is the better part of valour!,with around 20 laps left from recollection and with Webber on worn rubber far better chances would have emerged I am sure and that patience is what a great driver would have utilised.

Someties Hamilton has got away with kamikaze moves today he did'nt racing at any level is all about calculated risks and today he got it horribly wrong and I'm 100% certain that had he bided his time a better chance would have arisen as Kubica proved passing people later on who had the tyre wear similar to Webber did!

Worse case for Lewis anyway would have been he dropped a point to Webber - as it was he dropped a bucketful and has only himself to blame!

The stewards got it 100% spot on imho!
Report Leuy Fan September 26, 2010 7:25 PM BST
So you dont think he went into his motor home and cursed Webber for it...get clued up OC. And i dont disagree with it being a racing incident, but it was still a cheap shot move from a seething Webber cos he got passed by Leuy
Report worcesterwilly September 26, 2010 7:31 PM BST
leuy

defentition of "passed" is not to be a few feet in front on the outside of a corner and off the racing line!!!

Hamilton never actually "passed" Webber if you look closely - he had a marginal advantage,he never had the racing line!
Report ocukstinky September 26, 2010 7:36 PM BST
Get clued up? I've been watching F1 5 times longer than you have chap, I've a fair clue of what's going on.
Report Leuy Fan September 26, 2010 10:15 PM BST
well then you should know that what people say on tv isn't always what they are actually think...sponsors dont like controversial comments...

...with regards to WW's comments on lewis not passing webber, i think you have a fair point, no doubt. It does depend on the definition of 'passed', as his car was never completley in front of webbers, but i still think that 9/10s of his car was in front and hence webber should have yielded...but im a lewis fan, so of course im gonna say that, and if the roles were reversed i wouldn't have wanted to lewis to yield, but it doesn't mean its right. at the end of the day it was great racing, and moves like lewis' and the way he handled the press after are exactly the reasons why i love to support him - always action, with extreme ups but extreme downs...
Report Leuy Fan September 26, 2010 10:23 PM BST
i must also say that i think WW's first comments on this topic are spot on! and admittedly i do have lewis blinkers on during and usually for several hours after...i just thought that leis got the raw end of the deal regarding the contact between him and webber (both had the right to do what they did), just feels he got dealt the harsh cards as he was on a different line (maybe not the 'clean air' line) but going into the corner he was ahead, and not by virtue of braking too late, which is often what he does
Report fkqmz September 27, 2010 7:16 AM BST
LaughLaugh turn it in you seething moron. you havn't got a clue LaughLaugh
Report catfleppo September 27, 2010 11:02 AM BST
I agree Leuy, Webber hit Hamilton in almost the same way that Hamilton hit Massa the race before.  And yet Hamilton got a nroken car both times.  Bad run of the balls imo.
Report catfleppo September 27, 2010 11:07 AM BST
*broken*
Report fkqmz September 27, 2010 11:14 AM BST
who cares about the nature of the contact itself. both scenarios were racing incidents and hamilton is not unlucky. he overtakes with this "i'm putting my car here and if you want to crash, thats up to you" attitude and gets all surprised when people dont just bow and let him through. as the saying goes if you live by the sword, you die by the sword and hamilton is currently skewered like a prostitute in a premier league dressing room. LaughLaugh serves him right imo
Report catfleppo September 27, 2010 2:59 PM BST
My assessment isn't being hampered by an irrational bias either towards or against Mr Hamilton.  He has been in two crashes in two races and his style of racing has doubtless contributed to this.  However, two crashes - three drivers - two retirements - both Lewis.  That is unlucky.
Report fkqmz September 27, 2010 3:32 PM BST
it's not unlucky, it's his own fault. if he drove like the other, more cautious drivers he wouldn't get into these messes in the first place. If he continues to choose to drive the way he does, he will continue to pick up DNFs on a regular basis.

besides this if you are involved in a collision with another car, whoever is at fault, you should EXPECT to be retiring. To be able to continue is lucky rather than not being able to continue being unlucky.
Report worcesterwilly September 27, 2010 4:22 PM BST
a season in BRISCA might help Lewis!
Report catfleppo September 27, 2010 4:36 PM BST
His driving style got him into the crashes but he was unlucky to be dnf both times. The same way a fast driver can get caught speeding but its still unlucky if he/she does.
Report worcesterwilly September 27, 2010 4:59 PM BST
points win prizes
too many risks = too many crashes = nil points
its the oldest rule in motor sport - you dont win points until you finish the race!
Report catfleppo September 27, 2010 6:59 PM BST
Very true, although when drivers are cautious they attract even more criticism
Report Leuy Fan September 28, 2010 10:17 PM BST
fkqmz go spin on kimi...i wouldn't want lewis driving any other way...and he didn't even spit his dummy you mug, thats just your lewis-hating imagination in action again! he took it on the chin...as you said, he lives by the sword and dies by the sword (well its won him one title so far - as many as your beloved kimi - so he's doing something right i guess[;)]), and i wouldn't want it any other way. At least he's still in F1, unlike the vodka drinking 'demoted-to-WRC' dull boy you want to be bug*ered by who once snatched a title and then f**ked off...Lewis is gonna be around for a long time and WILL win more championships, so just live with it and the fact that i will keep feeding off your hatred for him...its so satisfying that...oh, here it comes...

...yeah you know, i'm poppin my MC Hammer moves in your lemon-sucking face! yyyyiiiiiippppeeeeee [:D]

by the way, this wind up is only directed at...what shall we name him...ah, 'the bitter-one'! Everyone else is making decent valid points and i for one appreciate that rather than the drivel that spills from 'the bitter-one's arse!
Report fkqmz September 30, 2010 12:35 PM BST
Laugh so now you resort to making up things ive not even said instead of showing support. you are PATHETIC, just like the new wrecking ball leuy shamilton. i repeat...

LaughLaugh turn it in you seething moron, you don't have a clue LaughLaugh
Report Taylor's world September 30, 2010 9:22 PM BST
More hatred from the bitter one.  At least Lewis put on a show for us all, more that can be said about play it safe Jenson.  Really hope Lewis has a touch of good luck.

P.s bets still live.
Report ocukstinky October 1, 2010 1:11 PM BST
At least Button doesn't go wrecking it every week LaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com