Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rivington_Lad_Is_Ere
25 Sep 10 08:18
| Topic/replies: 89 | Blogger: Rivington_Lad_Is_Ere's blog
Paddy Power quote "first lap retirements" the number of drivers that retire on THEIR first lap at 8/11 is zero.

Hills quote "We can confirm you are correct. Lap 1 retirements meant the number of cars that retire before the first full lap of the race is completed by the leading driver." and go 4/6 on zero

Does the 4/6 look big? I haven't watched F1 for a while, used to be an avid follower, if there is a crash and a car limps back to the pits, surely the leader will cross the line, and therefore it will be a 2nd lap retirement, i suppose you have people on the grid not getting going, but could you claim that is before the first lap even begun?

Obviously bad crashes, where cars canot get going again will ruin this bet, but is that, that common these days? Especially looking back and seeing 0 retirements in the last 2 years on the first lap.

Thoughts?
Pause Switch to Standard View Another wording dilemma
Show More
Report ocukstinky September 25, 2010 12:06 PM BST
Nobody ever stalls it on the grid any more. Gone are the days á la Austria '99 where as many as 4 drivers (including both Jordans iirc) bonked it and stayed put. Very tight circuit in places and a longer lap for something to go wrong, pushing 2 minutes and rain is predicted for the race. Not an awful bet but those factors would sway me.
Report bb66 September 25, 2010 3:17 PM BST
So what was Hamilton 2 weeks ago in Monza?
Report ocukstinky September 25, 2010 5:00 PM BST
^ Fxcking useless? Laugh
Report catfleppo September 25, 2010 5:00 PM BST
any car that stops on the first lap is a retirement, surely?
Report fkqmz September 26, 2010 7:58 AM BST
Gone are the days á la Austria '99

Laugh i'd forgotten about that race.
Report fkqmz September 26, 2010 8:03 AM BST
these markets are based on statistical data with a margin built in and, as such im sure hills have ensured there is no value in the market whatsoever. that doesnt stop you picking the winner but i think getting involved with markets like this over time is only ever going to lead to heartbreak.

gl all the same, id be backing one or two on a walled circuit but ther you go.....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com