Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
big aitch
11 Sep 10 19:28
| Topic/replies: 6,727 | Blogger: big aitch's blog
hasn't he noticed that he is not wanted?

Can't help feeling sorry for the bloke
Pause Switch to Standard View Is Karun really that thick?
Show More
Report Fashion Fever September 11, 2010 11:38 PM BST
i think hes wanted just the other geezer is paying the team for his drive probably from a very rich japanese family, team prob need the cash to continue, karun just not allowed to say on tv
Report doreen01 September 12, 2010 5:20 PM BST
Fever - you got it spot on.

Karun got the ride at the start as he allegedly offered more money for the seat.

However in F1 - it's like burning 50 quid notes infront of your face every second - you are on track.

So, he quickly ran out of money and new funds promised were not delivered !

So, the Japanese F1 driver had a huge wedge of Yen in his back pocket - so Japanese Yen is stronger than Indian Rupees - especially when it hits the F1 teams bank account !

Next year, Karun should get a good drive, as a low F1 team will be wanting him in their car for India's 1st F1 race - that's why he is still hanging around pit lane !
Report flyingkipper September 12, 2010 6:20 PM BST
Bernie will make sure he gets a drive, he likes him and his dad and he needs him in F1 next year for the the Indian GP.
Report doreen01 September 12, 2010 8:49 PM BST
Dare I say, Karun knows where the right money should go !!!!

UPWARDS !
Report fkqmz September 13, 2010 7:22 AM BST
I have to say having followed his "class" (if you can call it that) of drivers who all came through GP2 together, he did seem the best over Senna, Petrov, Grosjean and the like. Appreciate this isn't beating much but I think he's well worth his drive.
Report doreen01 September 13, 2010 8:04 AM BST
fkqmz totally agree with what you are saying - but F1 is not a sport - it is a business that just has some cars going around a circuit during the afternoons.

So at the back of the grid - merit does not come into it - it is who has the biggest wallet to pay for your seat and bail out the lower f1 team for the whole season - as they will not win any Grand Prix Points - which equates into lucrative TV revenue share !
Report fkqmz September 13, 2010 8:20 AM BST
oh i'm completely aware of that doreen, tbh what really surprises me is that Indian sponsors havn't done more to get him into Force India. Karthikeyan was given untold support to get him into that team when it was Jordan so why they're stalling on Chandhok I dont know, he's infinitely better.
Report doreen01 September 13, 2010 12:09 PM BST
From what I know - the owner is not a KC fan and prefers better drivers to get him up the grid.

I heard a very good and interesting story that allegedly happened after Schumacher's delayed return.

Loads of unused illegal super sticky tyres hanging around doing nothing - ended up on a team's car to propel them into the spotlight - so owner could gain more sponsorship to keep the team going and then a driver went from one team to another team for using those "super sticky tyres" !

As I say, F1 is not a sport - just a business - where mutually agreeable outcomes are allowed to happen - if it gives the right profitable figure on the bottom line for everyone concerned - alledgely !!!!
Report doreen01 September 13, 2010 12:10 PM BST
Look for a team that only qualified in pole position ONCE !

WINK WINK !
Report fkqmz September 13, 2010 1:55 PM BST
Chandhok is/could be better than Liuzzi NAP!
Report ocukstinky September 13, 2010 5:44 PM BST
He'd be great value for money in a Force India imo. I like his commentary on 5live though, he's a very knowledgable character and has a decent sense of humour too, much better to listen to then Jonathan "THERE THEY GO!" Legard.
Report Shalimah September 13, 2010 10:30 PM BST
Its a nice story Doreen but impossible not to use the tyres allocated
Report doreen01 September 14, 2010 7:38 AM BST
Talk to Bernie and how they were going to keep Schumacher stay up the field - when he was going to make his 1st come back - but he realised he was not fast enough - so that old neck injury got in the way - very convenient - allegedly !!

Plus Force India were in need of new finance and lo and behold Fisichella gets a pole in Belgium - they have not got near to getting another pole again after that and oh - by the way - Force India have now got enough finance now and are managing to keep on running - alledgedly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report doreen01 September 14, 2010 7:45 AM BST
Forgot to say - where did Fisichella end up.

Do you think Ferrari are constricted by the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) and feel that if they do anything in the grey areas of F1 - FIA & Bernie would come down very hard on them.

As they have shown many times before - Ferrari know they are the foundation of F1 - if they leave - F1 will be massively hit.

That's why Ferrari got involved with A1GP (now that's a story that needs to be told with some lawyers reviewing what you said before printing !!!) to use the series as leverage against F1 - if A1GP became successful.

But sadly, A1GP had complete w a n k e r s running it - stating that the A1GP cars would race at Surfers Paradise - when everyone in the motor sport industry knew that A1GP did not have possession of their own cars !

But A1GP still took the Queensland Government's US$2million and they still have not paid it back yet !

Even though someone from A1GP stated they had gone to Stanstead Airport and had actually seen those cars at the airport waiting to be loaded ready to go to Gold Coast - when they were alledgedly still in possession of a creditor - who alledgedly would not realise them until their bills were paid - alledgedly !
Report fkqmz September 14, 2010 8:03 AM BST
FIA (Ferrari International Assistance)

[:yawn:] go back to the 1990s, pure bitterness. this whole FIA Ferrari favouratism thing is a myth of the british press which all brits believe because theyre thick as fk! I seem to remember the FIA slamming Ferrari in 97 for example, and on other occasions. All teams are cheats, but because Ferrari are Italian they become the scapegoat of the british fraternity.

A1GP blah blah, the illegal and blatant running of traction control in 2000 was worse, but then Spygate beats that, and crashgate was worst of all so you're just being bitter.
Report flyingkipper September 14, 2010 4:05 PM BST
Ferrari got involved with A1GP for two reasons

1. To screw A1GP for money
2. To screw the series for Bernie
Report doreen01 September 14, 2010 7:57 PM BST
flyingkipper - trust me Ferrari and Bernie did not have to go after A1GP to screw it.

A1GP's top management were excellent at screwing the series from the top downwards - they were incompetent and some might allege criminal in their activities.

To give you 2 examples of top management screwing the series from within.

A1GP had a paying sponsor and one top guy had a row with the CEO of sponsorship company and told the guy - if he didn't like it - he could FO. The CEO of the paying sponsor company duly did a deal with a F1 team and A1GP lost that sponsor.

It was also suggested that A1GP changed their Dutch track due to the fact that A1GP never paid an invoice - thus, it was suggested that A1GP's top management ran the series on other companies' credit. It was alleged that the local hotel at Zandvoort was never paid for 3 years of A1GP staying with them.

It was suggested that when the hotel barred A1GP from their hotel for non-payment until full payment was deposited into the hotel's bank account - A1GP did another deal with a different Dutch track - so they didn't have to stay at that hotel and use a new hotel's credit some where else !

As I say, this was all suggested to me that A1GP's top management were complete w a n k e r s and they infact screwed A1GP from within and from top management downwards.

I am sure if you spoke to any former A1GP employee - they would give an impartial view of the top 3 head management of A1GP.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com