Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Taylor's world
09 Sep 10 18:07
| Topic/replies: 7,015 | Blogger: Taylor's world's blog
Just as F1 was really starting to get exciting
Pause Switch to Standard View Heard Kimi wants to drag himself back...
Show More
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 8:21 PM BST
where did you hear this, the news from about 6 months ago? kimi has a tendency to make dramatic decisions with very little warning but i dont see this happeneing. recently picked up his first stage win in wrc, everything going well, more money than he'll ever need and very little media attention. why would he come back?
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 8:41 PM BST
No this is hot off the press. Just don't no why he wants to seen as he hated it so much befor! for the sake of F1 i hope he dosnt though!!!!
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 8:43 PM BST
come on then whats your source? if you dont tell then its bullsh!t, i know you
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 8:54 PM BST
got you for a minute didnt i Confused
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 8:57 PM BST
Cry you are such a tool do you know that?
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 9:00 PM BST
i do know that kimi is your weakness had you lined from 7am.  But you know i love youLove
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 9:07 PM BST
Cryabsolute, absolute tool
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 9:10 PM BST
i can't stop laughing lol lolCoolCryCry
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 9:12 PM BST
by the way my brothers leuy fan.
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 9:14 PM BST
why? that was poorest half arsed attempt at fishing i have EVER seen in my entire life. you gave it up within 5 posts. what was the point? next time direct me to some site with a big laughing face or some other suitable content and then you'll have a catch!
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 9:20 PM BST
because you always so horrible so i thought id get my own back and you did bite though didnt you.  Come on lets talk F1 who are you saying gunna win the championship ? lets hear it? Do you think this flexi wing will be baned and if not will mclaren have time to sort theres. is that the only deveoplment that will bridge the cap between mclaren and redbull?
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 9:22 PM BST
looks like its been all fun 'n' games on here!
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 9:26 PM BST
this time,

...............................,-~*`¯lll... .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

you're getting him! absolute tool
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 9:30 PM BST
im getting really bored of seeing hands in head man. is it a self portait of you fk[smiley:crazy].  Why are you not capable of telling the forum your predictions??Shocked
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 9:36 PM BST
this said i'll even talk f1 with absolute tools. red bull have a decision to make at this point. with yesterday's ruling in the bag they can go into it now knowing they can use team orders if they want to. they can either send webber after the championship, knowing he's closer and more consistant, if slightly slower than vettel. or they can be "fair" and let them race freely and risk sausage lips stealing from them. from hamiltons pov, he has to win on sunday, its crucial he has a solid lead going into the fly aways cause in theory, red bull will be stronger. if he does, the boost might see him through if red bull fk up. if he doesnt, it could be curtains. still a 3-way fight for me. button and alonso need a miracle.

the flexi wings will stay, its already been ruled legal and they wont change that at this late stage in the season. red bull have had the best car all year, and im confident that it will be essentially the faster car on any track with a few corners...... ie not monza.

anything else?
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 9:36 PM BST
patience sunshine
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 9:46 PM BST
Ok not a bad analysis but although it would be a big hit to lewis if he didnt win at monza. it would not be the end of his championship, mclaren could still bridge the cap and redbull are frail and webber due a failer.  Exscue the pun but when kimi won his title with three races to go you would of layed your house on him .  That is if you live in a house and not a dustbin.  Nite nite x
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 9:49 PM BST
agree with that.

also..."from hamiltons pov, he has to win on sunday, its crucial he has a solid lead going into the fly aways cause in theory, red bull will be stronger. if he does, the boost might see him through if red bull fk up." - for me vettel has shown he'll fk up again, so its down to the aussie and leuy - lewis is a better driver but the remaining tracks will suit the best car, the Red Bull.

Heart says Lewis, head won't allow to admit otherwise, its gonna be extremely close but i'm not stupid enought to not realise that lewis is gonna need some luck to grab the title after Monza (reliability issue, rain, etc) - so i'm happy with my pre-season lewis-for-champ bet.
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 9:50 PM BST
i looked at him at 66/1 17 points behind with 2 races to go and just thought thats too big. couldnt bring myself to back him though Cry that night in brazil i knew he'd win it though, it was fate Grin happy times
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 9:55 PM BST
arrrreee your showing your soft side fk.  Still think bernie switched of lewis engine from the pit wall.  Can't see why you liked kimi so much he always came across to me as if he hated the sport.  His interviews were so boring. imo.
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 10:11 PM BST
on kimis first trip to monaco, on his very first lap he radio'd accross to his team... "guys, is the tunnel flat?"....."err, yes kimi" they replied. the telemetry proved that he kept the throttle in 100% on that first lap.Love

as posted on the other thread earlier, i like straight talk. i remember an article in 2002 when he moved to mclaren where he was asked something like "Kimi, mika once told me that fighting for the championship was the toughest mental challenge of his life. that it was gruelling, sometimes unbearable. does this worry you?" i remember his answer word for word "No" Love

his level of performance in 2003 surpassed anything i've ever seen from anyone on the current grid. i somehow dont think we'd see hamilton drive this year's car to within 2 points of next year's championship do you? this is essentially what kimi did in 03. unfortunately i think not winning the championship that year and the farce of 2005 took the fight out of kimi and he just got pissed off that he could be clearly the best driver on the grid and still not be champion. by the time he moved to ferrari i think he'd already lost interest and just retained enough talent to steal the 07 title before totally devoting his life to drinking. i ended my support in 08 after the incident where he accidentally knocked some kid down as he was walking by. yes an accident but he never even turned round to apologise or anything. that followed by the number of none tries in 08/09 convinced me the kimi i loved was dead.

nm though, gutierrez will be along soon Love
Report Help2 September 14, 2010 9:21 PM BST
i hope he will come back, i miss him.
Report subaru September 14, 2010 10:36 PM BST
According to Autosport contact either Kimi or his management have directly approached Renault about the second seat for 2011:

Kimi Raikkonen is making a fresh bid to return to Formula 1 next year after approaching the Renault team for a drive in 2011, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Although it had looked likely that Raikkonen would remain in the World Rally Championship next year after his switch of discipline for this season, AUTOSPORT has learned that Raikkonen has renewed his interest in getting back to grand prix racing.

Sources have revealed that in the wake of Renault's impressive form at the Belgian Grand Prix, Raikkonen approached the French car manufacturer with the intent of putting a deal together.

It is not clear, however, whether Raikkonen spoke to Renault himself or if it was done through his management team.

Raikkonen has always insisted that he would only come back to F1 if he was in a competitive car - and that is something that Renault now appears to be able to offer him.

But despite Raikkonen's credentials, Renault is in no rush to advance talks with him - and it is still holding on for current driver Vitaly Petrov to prove he can deliver what the team is demanding of him.

Renault team principal Eric Boullier confirmed that Raikkonen had approached the team - and is in contention for a seat alongside Robert Kubica in 2011.

"It is true that the summer has passed and we have had more and more requests - and the guy you mentioned [Raikkonen] is on the radar now," Boullier told AUTOSPORT.

"He is on the radar because he contacted us."

Boullier has long said that the team will keep Petrov next year if the Russian can improve his consistency throughout a whole race weekend - and not make silly errors like his spin in qualifying in Spa and blocking Timo Glock in qualifying at Monza.

When asked what Petrov had to do to convince Renault that he is a better option than Raikkonen, Boullier said: "He is not very far away to be honest.

"It is still very complicated for him to have a complete weekend and be faultless, and that is where he needs to work and focus on, and develop clearly his commitment and dedication."

One of the attractions of Petrov is the commercial possibilities he opens up in Russia, and Boullier said Renault would have to change its approach if it decided to take the Raikkonen route.

"It would be a different strategy for the team," he said. "And that is not a question of personality or having a world championship title - it will cost me more if he is world champion than if he is not. It is not a question of this - it is a different strategy.

"You work differently if you have a rookie - and in supporting him - than if you have two experienced drivers. So it is different.

"We need to think about it. But the priority is Vitaly, and to see how he will develop. If we are convinced then we will keep him definitely. This is the first option.

But there are several other options, and one of them is Kimi."

Boullier said he expected a decision on Renault's 2011 driver line-up to be made before the end of the season.
Report fkqmz September 15, 2010 11:04 PM BST
god damn someone beat me to it

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b5Ss0

Grin
Report Fashion Fever September 15, 2010 11:21 PM BST
i cant see renault paying kimis wages, unless hes taking big paycut.
Report fkqmz September 16, 2010 11:31 AM BST
bit of myth this one. in09 when kimi was scouting for a new team, he already had a deal in place with ferrari for a £15m pay-off, however he wasnt in line to receive this if he drove for another f1 team. therefore, to make it financially worth while to stay in f1, he had to find someone willing to pay him the 15m, and since no one did he went off to wrc - so he could pick up the ferrari money. now that that deal is finished, i dont think how much money he's getting paid will be a huge issue for him. its more about how compatitive the car is.
Report ocukstinky September 16, 2010 1:45 PM BST
Send Petrov out to Sauber or Force India, get Kimi in there at Renault. Not a title-winning car but would scrap for podiums (when he can be arsed and isn't eating ice-cream)
Report fkqmz September 16, 2010 2:14 PM BST
for "eating ice cream" substitute "drinking vodka"!!! Laugh love to see him back though, as long as he's not pushing kids over!!!
Report enjoy cocaine September 16, 2010 6:53 PM BST
crazy Kimi welcome Devil
Report FreeMoneyFred October 6, 2010 12:43 PM BST
http://en.espnf1.com/renault/motorsport/story/30206.html

i guess thats the end of that one then?
Report fkqmz October 7, 2010 9:05 AM BST
boooooooooooo
Report Taylor's world October 7, 2010 7:58 PM BST
ARE what a shame fk.  Stop being so pathetic.  And stop living in the past enjoy the new talent Lewis Hamilton.
Report GPT October 8, 2010 3:23 PM BST
Wasn't any good when he left and totally disinterested,also the worlds most boring man.
Let's hope he never come backs not half the driver Lewis is.
Report fkqmz October 8, 2010 3:55 PM BST
Cry get out of his ar$e you mug
Report Fashion Fever October 9, 2010 9:01 PM BST
force india now ?
Report Help2 October 13, 2010 10:12 AM BST
oi hope so, out with petrov and in with kimi K:)[;)]
Report fkqmz September 24, 2011 2:50 PM BST
LaughLaugh apparently this rumour mill is back in operation - this time linked to williams LaughLaugh

im sure kimi gets paid for every silly season story linking him with another random team. kimi has always said that he'll only come back into f1 if he stands a chance of winning - can ANYONE seriously conceive this happening in a Williams during the remainder of kimi's career.

then there is also the problem that they cant afford his right foot never mind the rest of him.

please bbc, give fans a little credit Plain
Report Zazu September 24, 2011 3:04 PM BST
have you been asleep all week? this has been all over the internet with some very reputable people saying its pretty much a done deal Confused

Can no overtake in F1 so he probably won't get as bored. he's a million miles away from being competitive in rally and his endearing personality will last about 2 mins in nascar Laugh
Report fkqmz September 24, 2011 4:14 PM BST
no i found out about this yesterday but didnt even give it a second thought until i heard the bbc talking it up.it just makes no sense whatsoever for kimi, yes i can see why williams would want him but its just not in his phyche to join a team as a "project" the way schumacher has done in his career. he's a winner and if he's not winning, he's a mardy little barstar. i'm soooooo tempted to say i'll wear a hamilton hat at silverstone next year if this happens, but i'll stop short of that....... for now Grin
Report worcesterwilly September 26, 2011 10:59 AM BST
McLaren should be on the phone now tying him up for the rest of the season......give him the No 2 seat behind team leader Mr Button and ditch the nut-job!
Report fkqmz September 27, 2011 12:54 PM BST
i don't think so, once bitten twice shy!
Report Zazu March 25, 2012 9:51 PM BST
It was a bit difficult today. It was my first time on the wet weather Pirellis and I didn’t know how the intermediate or wet tyres would react

what a tool Laugh
Report Zazu March 25, 2012 9:52 PM BST
^^ thats in relation to not going out in oz wet practice btw
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com