Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Leuy Fan
08 Sep 10 21:43
| Topic/replies: 67 | Blogger: Leuy Fan's blog
Anyone surprised by the outcome of todays hearing?
Pause Switch to Standard View FIA Decision on Ferrari Team Orders
Show More
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 7:23 AM BST
nope, team orders should never have been banned in the first place
Report worcesterwilly September 9, 2010 8:50 AM BST
agree it is a stupid rule that should be removed immeiately.
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 6:47 PM BST
what about for gamblers like us? i do understand that it can work both ways (in fact that happened for me when i'd backed Alonso to win and Massa let him through) but it does leave a bitter taste in your mouth if you'd correctly predicted a driver to win, only for the team to change the outcome. I think theres a conflict of interests because it is a team sport but at the same time a single driver sport - how do you allow for both championships regarding team orders?
Report Taylor's world September 9, 2010 7:00 PM BST
Hear what you say.  But placing your bet say on massa you should acount for maybe there would be a team order.  Devils in the data.
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 10:23 PM BST
good point, you should factor in those elements with your bets.

Still, has anyone get any ideas to answer my question:

"I think theres a conflict of interests because it is a team sport but at the same time a single driver sport - how do you allow for both championships [i][i][to be competed simultaneously][/i] regarding team orders?[/i]"
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 10:26 PM BST
deary me you should have been factoring this in before it happened. i was asked directly "will massa let alonso through if it comes to it?" and i told him "yes - absolutely, its a certainty". the guy still bet on massa and the guy was still SEETHING the next day, even though i told him straight. head in hands man may well be appearing more often Cry
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 10:41 PM BST
haha...i did enjoy your head in hands man earlier (am looking forward to him popping up again for some unfortunate sod before the season ends).

guess i got away with being a little on the generous side of giving ferrari the benefit of doubt for playing 'fair' (i thought it was a little early in the season for driver preference)  and assuming alonso would either have been ahead of massa in the fisrt place or that he'd get past him without too much trouble if, like what happened, he ended up behind him after the start.

after the ruling today tho, any similar bets will certainly be factoring in the 2nd driver status of massa & button.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com