Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
magpies
29 Aug 10 13:34
| Topic/replies: 72 | Blogger: magpies's blog
Is he classified or isn't he? The market doesn't seem sure, I layed 2/1 1 lap from the end. From memory it is 95% of the race needed for classification so no he isn't.
Pause Switch to Standard View Alonso classification confusion....
Show More
Report NW August 29, 2010 2:50 PM BST
No he wasn't classified - he needed to complete 90% race distance to be classified and retired a couple of laps short.
Report romford star August 29, 2010 2:55 PM BST
no he wasnt
Report give me a break August 29, 2010 3:02 PM BST
might be new this season, but it used to be as long as he completes 3/4 of the race, he's deemed clasified
Report Ray Burn August 29, 2010 4:24 PM BST
Not with FIA it didn't.  Been 90% of race for years.
Report bb66 August 29, 2010 9:20 PM BST
it's rounded up somehow I checked it some years ago, but can't remember exactly, I think if you complete one lap less than necesaary for 90% you are classified as well.
Report ocukstinky August 29, 2010 11:16 PM BST
It's NEVER been 3/4 distance, that comes into play when rain stops the race. If it cannot be restarted, 3/4 distance must be completed to award full points. If it hasn't, half points are awarded (a la Malaysia last year).
Report fkqmz August 30, 2010 8:17 PM BST
my god i cant believe some of these people bet on these markets with such poor knowledge of the rules. the cut off for classify/not classify on sunday was 39 laps. alonso only completed 37 and therefore "not classified". anyone who's paid out on alonso to classify is a moron.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com