Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
oldandgrey60
29 Aug 10 12:44
| Topic/replies: 9 | Blogger: oldandgrey60's blog
this bloke is a joke, the other week he tried to put his team mate into the wall on the 1st turn and now he decides to take button out instead of crashing himself. should be made to start on the back of the grid for next race. he's a cheat
Pause Switch to Standard View vettel most dangerous driver
Show More
Report f1 fan August 29, 2010 1:53 PM BST
wouldn't call him a cheat. he's just a cr4p driver with the best car.
Report oldandgrey60 August 29, 2010 1:56 PM BST
he's done it again taken someone out. put him in a crap car and he will kill someone has you said it's only because he's in a good car
Report Gitmo August 29, 2010 2:06 PM BST
now he decides to take button out

So in your opinion he deliberately had that accident/coming together with Button.
Report oldandgrey60 August 29, 2010 2:08 PM BST
yes, watch the reply again . he had chance to turn the wheel to the left but then turns the wheel back to the right has there is a big area of grass on the right
Report big aitch August 29, 2010 2:09 PM BST
I think he panicked, but in general he is an excellent driver, the only driver in recent years who can aim his car at another is MS
Report fkqmz August 30, 2010 8:28 PM BST
old and grey Laugh classic moron seeth, 8 out of 10. vettel was acting under instinct. the right turn on the wheel was a natural reaction to losing the back end as he pulled out from behind button. had he not done this he would have spun anticlockwise and still have collided with button rear to rear. his mistake was misjudging the conditions and thinking he had the grip to make the move that late. still a massively poor mistake though, i suppose this is what happens when you bring up young drivers at sharp end.
Report Fashion Fever August 30, 2010 11:47 PM BST
think hes the best driver out there think the pressure gets to him, think he will be awesome in a few years when he calmed it down some what
Report catfleppo August 31, 2010 8:58 AM BST
So what you mean is that one day, maybe in a few years, he might become the best driver?
Report catfleppo August 31, 2010 9:01 AM BST
fkqmz

old and grey  classic moron seeth, 8 out of 10. vettel was acting under instinct. the right turn on the wheel was a natural reaction to losing the back end as he pulled out from behind button.

That's true,  it's what I would have done. But not what you'd expect from a top F1 driver, or even a mediochre one.
Report fkqmz August 31, 2010 8:29 PM BST
really? not even one still fairly inexperienced? i think i would given the unpredictability of the conditions. this is the point im trying to make though until recently drivers earned their top drives in lesser teams and made these mistakes out of the spotlight. i can remember massa throwing plenty of saubers off the track. remember alonso smashing into webbers stricken jaguar at interlagos in 03? these mistakes go largely unremembered because they happened before the drivers involved were really being considered as championship material. vettel and hamilton have had to suffer the igdignity of gaining vital experience under massive pressure fighting for titles and its why they've attract so many critics. that and the fact that they're both very dislikable charactors i suppose. vettel looks like he genuinely believes he's the best and someone needs to give the kid a good dressing down imo.
Report GPT September 1, 2010 2:41 PM BST
Some people talk(Coulthard)is one as if Vettel is some sort of racing novice what utter b0llox
how many races has he done in F1 plenty and how many races has he done in lower formula hundreds.Not in Hamiltons class never has been.
Report catfl(a,e,i,o,u)ppo September 1, 2010 11:57 PM BST
I agree but Hamilton is the exception.  Most of them make errors in the first few seasons.
Report fkqmz September 3, 2010 7:45 AM BST
Hamilton is no exception, he made a string of high profile mistakes in the spotlight in 07 and 08 and got absolutely slated for them. also dispise the use of the word "class" being used to discribe Lewis Hamilton. the boy's a vile little gobsh!te and even though his car control skills are unquestionable, that kid has absolutely no class about him whatsoever.
Report Leuy Fan September 8, 2010 11:35 PM BST
fkqmz - i appreciate how you have no bias towards any drivers - but why do you give a f**k about a drivers character? Lewis is clearly a quality driver, and off track interviews shouldn't come into it. Out of the current drivers i would only really put Alonso on a par with him (ref: same points finish season 07, and ability to overtake, aggression). his quality is evident from the fact that vettel hasn't been able to convert all those poles in a second-a-lap faster car, whereas lewis has won his races not-off pole (bar canada) and in a worse car. people big-up vettel, but his overtaking is shocking and again his conversion of poles to wins is dire. if lewis was in a red bull, the title would have been over long ago. yeah, lewis may still need to mature (he's still young so thats normal) but his natural talent for getting a feel for the car and his gift for judging overtaking manouveres is top drawer. i am a lewis fan (obvious from my name)and yeah im bigging him up cos i'm a fan, but im not trying to slate vettel becuase of that - its just blindingly obvious that he can't handle being up at the front and under the pressure as well as hamilton has. and that for me makes lewis more championship material than vettel, despite what people think of his character. i dont know why so many people think he's a tw*t anyway - all F1 drivers have to have an exceptionally high level of confidence as this sport is so demanding & competitive, and only those with that type of mentality win multiple championships - which i'd put my house on lewis doing.
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 7:22 AM BST
well if you look at how unpopular he is within the sport and amongst his peers it should tell you everything you need to know. and in answer to your initial question, driver character is everything, i will not support him following some of the vile things he's said and done. considering everything thats going to be said about ferrari today, it's mclaren who are the cheats these days and the british are just blind to it cause they're so sick at being sh!t at sport and theyre willing to accept a winner no matter how it comes.
its the same reason i dont like gerrard being the captain of england, he's a vile charactor and no role model to the likes of my son and i'd rather his sausage lips and "nails on blackboard" voice weren't on my telly.
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 6:29 PM BST
haha....all i can do is laugh and say that i really like you're hatred towards those mentioned - cos if thats how you feel, well thats how you feel...Laugh[;)]
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 6:37 PM BST
and you may think i'm equally as horrible, but the things you say he has said which are vile are the exact reasons i like the guy...stir it up![;)] i've got no kids, but if they turned out like Lewis (F1 champs) then i'd be the happiest dad in the world....and i wouldn't give a flying f**k what his peers thought about him - i think they're hatred comes from the fact that he's probably (at one time or another) slapped them out on the track.

ps i'm still laughing at your comments on gerrard...'sausage lips' - quality!
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 6:51 PM BST
i must also say that if you call Mclaren cheats then you must think Ferrari & Renault are on an equal par with them. Cos we all know that they're all willing to take what they can if they don't get caught, its not just Mclaren
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 8:56 PM BST
oh i dont hold ferrari or renault dear in any way, i just think mclaren have been the worst..... this century anyway. ferraris blatant running of traction control, forcing the fia to legalise nearly pulls them level but spy gate still takes the biscuit for me.

if thats how you feel, well thats how you feel...

Love i feel so understood Laugh

and i take your other point and return the sentiment. you know i have the greatest of professional respect for the guy but i hate the way he conducts himself. hes the kind of personality who should come out and say things like "I am going to win" and "I am better than ....whoever" and THEN go out on track and behave like he does. then he'd be brilliant but its the way he namby pambys about pretending hes nice and wants to get on with everyone, basically acting like a soft tw@t and then bosses them around everywhere. it really pisses me off cause he's basically lying about who he is and what he thinks. alonso and vettel might be a pair of t!ts but at least they dont attempt to pretend otherwise
Report Leuy Fan September 9, 2010 10:12 PM BST
yeah i do understand what you're saying...but i think that he's put under pressure to act this way by sponsors/mclaren, etc - look at the way Ron Dennis was, always diplomatic, never direct. And who groomed him from an early age?....need i say more.

I must admit that i find Lewis' manner extremely amusing, cos as you said, we know what he's really thinking as he shows that on track - adds further to why i like him, my reasons as explained before...i know, i'm a c*nt. lol
Report fkqmz September 9, 2010 10:14 PM BST
you are a cnut but at your a most likable cnut. we'll agree to differ
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com