Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cdw1978
26 Jul 10 07:23
| Topic/replies: 1,034 | Blogger: cdw1978's blog
At hockenheim f1 circuit, germany, looking for the wood cross marked "jimmy clark" , located in the forest section where he crashed in 1968. Is it off the ecclestone curve or the spitzkehre please? (note, this not the stone cross marked "jim clark" at the ecclestone curve). Thanks.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
fkqmz
When: 26 Jul 10 07:36
its on the outside of the old north chicane. i only know that section of the track as 'Clark' im afraid
By:
Gitmo
When: 27 Jul 10 11:35
fkqmz
     glad to see that someone else remembers JC. IMO the best ever.

Can actually remember watching the Italian GP where Clark's Lotus ran out of petrol on the last lap. After the drive they had watched the Tifosi stormed the track and carried him shoulder high to the pits.

Never been seen before or since.
By:
fkqmz
When: 27 Jul 10 11:42
sadly i cant say i remember him but i read a lot, and the jim clark stories are always the best Happy
By:
Alex the old wrinkled retainer
When: 30 Jul 10 11:28
Always Jim Clarke in my time.  The way he could take his Lotus Cortina around corners on a drift was amazing.
By:
When: 30 Jul 10 11:30
Just like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWp-0TuY4Sk

Enjoy.
By:
When: 30 Jul 10 11:35
Worth watching for Clarks skills plus passenger seats in the racing minis, the music and the commentary. Laugh
By:
Gitmo
When: 06 Aug 10 09:46
A wee gem! Thanks Alex.
By:
ocukstinky
When: 07 Aug 10 21:09
Can actually remember watching the Italian GP where Clark's Lotus ran out of petrol on the last lap. After the drive they had watched the Tifosi stormed the track and carried him shoulder high to the pits.

Was that in (67.. maybe?) where he pitted early, dropped right back through the field almost a lap down, came through to lead and because of the petrol problem ended up finishing 4th?
By:
When: 08 Aug 10 12:45
Should we ask for a separate forum for old people? [;)]
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel