Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
alun2005
25 Jul 10 17:14
| Topic/replies: 38,710 | Blogger: alun2005's blog
I'm not really a motorsport fan and only just heard about this latest scandal on the news.

Are the perpetrators 'too big' to disqualify or something?

I gather that a 100k fine has been imposed (to date) in response, which to say the least looks like small change.

Was this another '1.01 gubbed' job btw or doesn't this sport work like that in-running.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 4
By:
ocukstinky
When: 25 Jul 10 17:17
Only really reaches 1.01 when someone's miles ahead with a few laps to go. No idea what price Massa touched, but I can think of one instance where he went very low priced, 3 laps left in Hungary '08 and his engine let go.
By:
bb66
When: 25 Jul 10 17:24
Massa down to 1.5 when he recorded fastest laps, Alonso went sub 1.1 short after the overtaking
By:
alun2005
When: 25 Jul 10 17:30
Thx
By:
LazyRamper
When: 25 Jul 10 17:43
The difference between what Ferrari did in this race and what they do and other teams do in all forms of motorsport every week is to carry out team orders in a way that the general public understands and so gets outraged about it. There's nothing fair about being a driver in a team where you are a 'second' driver, those that are in such a position however would do no better being a top dog on a lesser ride so they choose to accept there circumstances.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com