Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jonooooo
25 Jul 10 15:41
| Topic/replies: 130 | Blogger: jonooooo's blog
????
Pause Switch to Standard View what is going to happen
Show More
Report Lupas July 25, 2010 5:02 PM BST
Fined $100,000
Report webavur July 25, 2010 5:18 PM BST
that is a disgrace it was a clear breach of the rules and both cars should have been DQ
Report ocukstinky July 25, 2010 5:21 PM BST
Don't be ridiculous. If you're a team owner and your driver further up the championship is behind the 2nd driver, are you going to sit there and throw away a better shot at the title?

Jono, whatever bet you had on Vettel isn't going to come up via a disqualification. Give up.
Report jonooooo July 25, 2010 5:25 PM BST
i did have a bet on vettel but i got it covered>>>>tho i still thin the ferraris will be fired out
Report webavur July 25, 2010 5:28 PM BST
I don't disagree from a Ferrari team principles point of view... however, as said in the commentary what fans want is to see the cars race.. if that had meant Vettel getting involved in the scrap then all the better for us viewers.. thats why the FIA brought in the rules and what happened today was a clear breach of those rules.. for Stefano Domenicali to stand there and deny there were any team orders??? He just made himself look stupid.. at least be bold and admit you breached the rules because you think they are badly designed.

Far more exciting when the red bulls and maclaren are at the front and allowed to race.. the red bulls even taking each other out when they were on for a definite 1 - 2.. and that cost me a nice few £££!
Report ocukstinky July 25, 2010 5:34 PM BST
The whole team orders thing was a massive over-reaction to Austria 2002. It's a no-brainer that any driver is going to be rather miffed at having to move aside to let the other driver through. If you're Stefano Dominecali, are you going to sit there and let Massa hold up Alonso, who had Vettel bearing down on him? Once Alonso was past he was off and gone, whereas Vettel was chewing up the ground on Massa. It's better to be sure that one driver is going to go on and win, rather than a 3-way scrap and risk one of them taking their eye off Vettel and slamming into each other.
Report jonooooo July 25, 2010 5:34 PM BST
will they get fired out by the higher authorities do yas think?whats a hundred large  to ferrari
Report ocukstinky July 25, 2010 5:36 PM BST
They won't amend the result. If they do something similar again then obviously they'll do something about it. If this wasn't Ferrari, lets say RBR or McLaren's higher placed driver overtaking the other for 7th place, would anyone care? No, they bloody wouldn't, but the same principle applies.
Report webavur July 25, 2010 5:36 PM BST
no team orders makes for better racing thats the truth
Report Green Board July 25, 2010 5:42 PM BST
Like Coulthard said though it's impossible to police team orders, a smarter team would have a code which meant 'just lock your brakes up and let the other guy through'. On the other hand the public clearly doesn't like team orders and while they were (legally) a part of F1 for 50 odd years that was the past and here and now they are not welcomed.
Difficult to know what the solution is.
Report ocukstinky July 25, 2010 5:45 PM BST
I just don't think it's entirely possible to police it. I mentioned elsewhere that Massa could simply have been "caught up" in traffic and Alonso could've slipped by. Nobody would've said a word then!
Report toon4eva July 25, 2010 5:47 PM BST
I backed Webber so not talking through pocket but what happened was a a joke. Imagine how you would feel if you had backed Massa, a rule needs to be brought in to stop this happening ever again it's the equivalant of a team winning and deliberately letting a goal in, the bookies would immediatly look into it. A total disgrace imo.
Report Happygilmore July 25, 2010 5:51 PM BST
FIA are a disgrace , both cars should have been kicked out or at the minimum they should have a penalty for the next race.
Why bother having rules if breaking them means a measly $100k fine which is pocket change to Ferrari.
Report Green Board July 25, 2010 5:52 PM BST
There's still the possibility of further sanctions as they've been referred to the World Council.
Report jonooooo July 25, 2010 5:56 PM BST
how long does it take
Report betchat July 25, 2010 5:59 PM BST
At least Massa was open about it he almost parked on the side of the road and waved Alonso through - a bit like a traffic warden.
Report ocukstinky July 25, 2010 6:03 PM BST
Jono, get this into your thick head. Your bet is NOT GOING TO BE A WINNER. End of story, give up chasing it.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com