Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Roger De Bris
11 Jul 10 17:41
| Topic/replies: 14,924 | Blogger: Roger De Bris's blog
Vettel supposed to be the golden wonderboy been smashed to bits by the hardy Aussie?
Pause Switch to Standard View Webber is making Vettel look like a...
Show More
Report Fashion Fever July 11, 2010 10:32 PM BST
think he shudda been 5th today persoanlly , least got past rubens with teh car he had still think he wins the champs, the vettel circuits to come
Report AFL July 11, 2010 11:21 PM BST
2009 - 2010 Webber leads in the head to head against Vettel. 14 - 13.  Not bad for the No 2 driver, and according to many on here....inferior driver. No one is racing better this year.
Report fkqmz July 12, 2010 8:34 AM BST
what year was is when ralf schumacher suddenly picked up great form, won 2 or 3 races mid season and just as everyone was chatting about him for the championship and saying he's better than montoya etc etc, he promptly disappeared back into the obscurity of averageness?

just out of interest
Report Roger De Bris July 12, 2010 9:18 PM BST
Ralfy won 3 races in 2001, German GP was his last win of the year, then he bombed out for the last 5.LaughCool
Report fkqmz July 12, 2010 9:44 PM BST
look if im wrong ill stand up and admit it at the end of the season but this serge of support for webber reminds me a lot of that year and based on what mark's produced in previous seasons, i can see this one going the same way.

having said this i admire mark's ability to perform under pressure. i think this is a department where him and button have their younger team mates covered and it'll be interesting to see if this becomes a factor in the last 3 races when it really matters
Report johnnymac July 14, 2010 3:27 AM BST
go the aussie. my account is looking alot better today after his win.
in australia we have the v8's so for mark to be doing so well in f1 it can only help the sport down here.
Report catfliipo July 14, 2010 6:57 AM BST
Mark has been a mediochre F1 driver in the past (relatively of course since they are all very gifted), prone to clumsy mistakes and messy drives.  It's all different when you are driving the best car so the question is has his form improved or is Vettel not as good as everyone thinks?  How far ahead would Hamilton or Alonso be if they had the Red Bull this year?
Who knows, but you have to admire him for his grit and determination.  Good luck to him and I hope he beats Vettel this year and if that means being champion I think he will be a worthy victor.
Report Roger De Bris July 14, 2010 10:21 PM BST
Cadburys Button has Hamilton covered??? Must be a misprint. Lewis is making Button look like a grandad driving a trolley this year.
Report coney July 15, 2010 10:44 AM BST
catflip, that is bullsh..t, Webbo has ALWAYS been fast, yes he is prone to the odd error
but fark me this bloke has had far far more than his fair share of bad luck over the years.

In my opinion he is now starting to get the odd bit of luck he needs. That is 2 drives this season where he has just blown the field to smithereens. He's got Seba questioning his own ability
for the 1st time ever ( a la Lewis and Fernando) and Seba is not coping with the pressure. Undoubtedly
Mark is No.2 in Redbull's eyes but I think this No.2 driver may just be on his way to a WDC.
Report Green Board July 15, 2010 7:44 PM BST
I agree think Webber has always been fast but was expecting Vettel to have the measure of him. Stlil only just over half way though..
Report catfliipo July 15, 2010 10:41 PM BST
Fast in qualifying but very often lacking in the race and defending his position clumsily.  I thought he was awful at jaguar.  All credit to him now though, he's doing well.
Report nairda July 19, 2010 3:09 PM BST
if you look at Mark Webber driving record as a head to head with he team mate..then Webber has won every year in F1 (count 2 drivers Ret as 0.5 win)

2002 KL Minardi Asiatech  (Webber) 10 (Yoong/Davidson) 1
2003 Jaguar Racing    (Webber) 11 (Pizzonia/Wilson) 3
2004 Jaguar Racing    (webber) 10  (Klien) 6
2005 BMW WilliamsF1  (Webber) 9 (Heidfeld) 7
2006 WilliamsF1        (Webber) 7  (Rosberg) 5
2007 Red Bull Racing  (Webber) 9  (Coulthard) 7
2008 Red Bull Racing  (Webber) 13 (Coulthard) 4
2009 Red Bull Racing  (Webber) 9  (Vettel) 8

2010 Red Bull Racing   (Webber) 5  (Vettel)  5

for me this is a telling stat for head to head match race betting, because i'm sure Mark would have been a under dog every race vs he team mate the last 5 years
Report nairda July 19, 2010 3:28 PM BST
I guess Mark is really Mr consistent  Laugh
Report SamH_123 July 20, 2010 6:31 PM BST
why does the market still love Vettel
3.1 (Vettel) vs 4.5 (Webber) for the race this weekend when they have been basically matching each other point for point
Report f1 fan July 20, 2010 6:55 PM BST
hi all, never realy rated webber that highly myself, although i'll agree compared to the team mates he's had he has definately been my consistent.

I would love to lay vettel in the webber-v-vettel season match bets but theres not enough interest in the markets, only £694 matched all season.
Report catfloppo July 21, 2010 1:20 AM BST
Those stats flatter Webber a bit.  Poor teammates at minardi and jaguar.  No way did he outdrive Rosberg in 2006.  Even stevens with the average Heidfeld.  Then an ageing coulthard.

He's doing a great job now pegging Vettel who is, imo, about at Button's level - a clear chunk behind Hamilton and Alonso.
Report nairda July 21, 2010 1:40 PM BST
catfloppo

why didn't Webber out drive Rosberg in 2006 ?  , base on what your feeling..

2006 webber finish 13 times out 18 higher in pole then Rosberg...
every race where both Williams cars finished the race, Webber finished higher the Rosberg
Webber had the higest race place 6th to Rosberg 7th
Webber had the higest pole places 2nd to Rosberg 3rd
Webber had more points 7 to Rosberg 5

please tell me where Rosberg out drive Webber in 2006
Report catfloppo July 22, 2010 9:34 AM BST
Point taken, although I didn't say that Rosberg outdrove Webber, I said that the stats flatter Webber.  But the stats are stronger in Webbers favour than my recollection.
Report coney July 22, 2010 12:29 PM BST
some great research done here, I just watch every race,
wouldn't have missed more than 3 in a decade.......
and like I said:

coney
Replies: 1862 15 Jul 10 10:44   
catflip, that is bullsh..t, Webbo has ALWAYS been fast

Laugh [;)]

FWIW I really rate Nico, the 'wrongest' price in a long, long time
the season h2h w/ Slowmacher. My oh my how I've loved that fkn
smug,"my shyte smells of aftershave" , cheats laughable comeback.

The sad, sad fker Laugh
Report catfloppo July 23, 2010 2:04 PM BST
and like I said, I didn't say  he wasn't fast.

Congratulations on the h2h bet.  What odds did you get?
Report Roger De Bris August 1, 2010 2:10 PM BST
Vettel trying to help the team by holding up the rest of them when the safety car was out, shoots himself in the foot, and wins a drive-thru penalty. Should have won Hungary easily. The bloke must have ran over a cat recently....
Report GPT August 1, 2010 3:02 PM BST
Vettel has zero race craft.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com