Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
robinlace1
04 Apr 10 09:40
| Topic/replies: 2,161 | Blogger: robinlace1's blog
For the first time in years. what a load of s..t.
Pause Switch to Standard View Just watched the gp
Show More
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 10:46 AM BST
-- over here theres a link to the football forum where pointless threads about total ** are actively encouraged. maybe your thoughts would be more appreciated over there.
Report GPT April 4, 2010 10:48 AM BST
How ironic coming from the forum RACIST.
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 10:49 AM BST
^^ stalker ^^
Report Pounf April 4, 2010 10:58 AM BST
Strange that the top 3 runners in the race were barely shown.
Once the first couple of laps were done, the viewers had to put up with the "battle" for 6th or 7th - wow
Report Green Board April 4, 2010 11:02 AM BST
Coverage is better that way though - it's not all about the win you want to be following where the action is
Report Pounf April 4, 2010 11:13 AM BST
The trouble is its a struggle to find any action. Its a sport thats becoming deadly dull for the casual viewer. Officianados love all the intricacies which the rest of us find boring. We want excitement, overtaking, cars going at it. It seems that the teams view pitstops as an overtaking opportunity, what happened to drivers doing it. I dont know what the bbc spend on this with 3 summarisers 2 commentators and pit reporters, but its probably way too much for the excitement generated for the ordinary guy in the street.
I only watched today thinking it would rain, even the weather let us down
Report robinlace1 April 4, 2010 11:17 AM BST
Pounf
You hit the nail on the head. Boring Boring. no action. Too predictable. Any one who finds this interesting must be brain dead.
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 11:18 AM BST
signing in. i am officailly brain dead :^0
Report Green Board April 4, 2010 11:20 AM BST
Pounf - made a sensible post explaining why he found it boring - robinlace1 you made the braindead post. Jeez live and let live some people like some sport some others - why stres over it!?!
Report Pounf April 4, 2010 11:33 AM BST
I think the cars are too fast, they are like missiles. Its a massive skill for drivers to just keep them on the tarmac. In some respects the cars are too good, it seemed the only way Red Bull would lose today was if they broke down. Not a great way to spend 90 minutes hoping somebody breaks down.
I really dont know what the answer is, maybe the cars are too wide, it seems a bit simplistic, but that would slow them down and make driver skill even more important.
If I raced you from Manchester to London and you won by 6 seconds, we`d say wow that was close, in F1 terms its a almost a stroll. Wished I knew how to make it more exciting to watch but I dont.
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 11:46 AM BST
its nowhere near as complicated as people think. all they need to do is widen the front tyres and reduce the efficiency of the aerodynamics. the racing will follow naturally. dont underestimate how detrimental the double diffuser is to the situation. its a complex piece of kit which creates a lot of turbulance and by legalising it, the FIA have royally shot themselves in the foot.
Report Pounf April 4, 2010 11:50 AM BST
Not as complicated...and then ...aerodynamic efficiency, double diffuser, air turbulence..all in a couple of lines ? mmmm..
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 12:01 PM BST
look, you need to accept is that f1 is not going to be dumbed down for the average joe on the street. it is the pinnacle of motorsport and the forefront of automotive technology. if your not willing to listen to the basic factors that cause the problems your talking about then maybe you should think about the what benfits your complaints are really going to bring.
Report The Betfairy April 4, 2010 12:21 PM BST
Even without wings, aerodynamics will always play a major factor. The only way to negate this sufficiently is to have have mechanical grip (tyres).
Report A.Knutsen April 4, 2010 12:30 PM BST
If you want close racing with the emphasis on mechanical grip rather than aero and reverse/randomised grids then watch the BTCC instead...
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 12:30 PM BST
i think mechanical grip is aerodynamics isnt it? tyres are physical grip. i dont really know........
Report GPT April 4, 2010 12:36 PM BST
Dear oh dear showing your lack of knowledge there seems you are only interested in F1 to knock black drivers.
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 12:37 PM BST
^^ stalker - get a life^^
Report A.Knutsen April 4, 2010 12:44 PM BST
They use the term 'mechanical grip' to refer to the grip generated without the aid of aero
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 12:51 PM BST
yeah thats how i understood it
Report Pounf April 4, 2010 12:53 PM BST
So it is complicated then...
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 12:56 PM BST
the action needed is simple. the science behind it is less so
Report A.Knutsen April 4, 2010 12:56 PM BST
who would have thought ...
Report fkqmz April 4, 2010 12:57 PM BST
dont you just love the fia
Report GPT April 5, 2010 10:19 AM BST
fkqmz 04 Apr 12:51
yeah thats how i understood it

PMSL no it wasn't you tool,if it doesn't involve RACISM you haven't a clue.
Report __JC_GT__ April 7, 2010 4:43 PM BST
lol GPT. couldn't agree more. aero the same as mechanical grip.... lmao. :D
Report larry grayson April 16, 2010 8:06 AM BST
robinlace1
You've made the mistake of watching the race.
The interest in F1 is all about the hype and publicity generated by the mega media machine which keeps telling people its good and they've got to take an interest to be cool.
A modern version of the Emporers new clothes.
The lead item today on the BBC website is the Chinese Grand Prix practice. If you think the race is boring try the practice but the bbc are bunged enough dosh to tell folks it's the most interesting sporting event today.
Report bix April 19, 2010 8:30 PM BST
with only 10 "topics" on the day of the race it seems people are finally getting the mesage.
Report Taylor's world April 21, 2010 7:49 PM BST
are you people watching the same race as me. The last three races were brilliant i was on the edge of my seat the hole time. What is boaring is David Coultard
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com