Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
efisio.
14 Mar 10 11:23
| Topic/replies: 5,010 | Blogger: efisio.'s blog
I know it's not what people really want to hear, but the sport is too safe. Gone are the days when you watched, knowing that the racing driver was a brave man getting into a steel bullet on wheels with little protection.
The sport now is just far too technical to make it great viewing. The only way I could see this being a decent sport is to put all drivers in identical cars, and let's see who is the best driver. World champions now are probably not the best drivers, so what is the point of this so called sport?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 58
By:
Five By Five
When: 14 Mar 10 11:23
remote control: change channel.
By:
Five By Five
When: 14 Mar 10 11:24
they tried sticking all drivers in the same car... A1 racing, still a procession.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:24
Well though out reply. Don't improve the sport, just lose viewers.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 11:25
oh ffs go away please!!
By:
timcaznat
When: 14 Mar 10 11:25
what an insult to test cricket ffs
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:26
fkq.. so you're happy with this dross are you.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 11:27
yes, now back to football forum with you plebs, shoo
By:
timcaznat
When: 14 Mar 10 11:27
no mate, this is complete dross, test cricket, generally, aint
By:
Five By Five
When: 14 Mar 10 11:28
If you put every driver in the same car as you suggest.. the fastest/best driver should in theory win every qualification and every race, does that make it more exciting? yes the best man would win the championship but tell me how it benefits the viewers?
By:
Don No1
When: 14 Mar 10 11:31
Cricket is utter dross, but F1 is doing a good job trying to match it
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:33
Maybe it doesn't. I don't profess to have the answer, just a suggestion. But seriously, this is not exciting is it? I see more racing in Edinburgh City centre on a friday rush hour.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:34
fkqmz, I bet you're a trainspotter.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 11:38
you dont know jack schitt about me. seriously go away, your an idiot.
By:
Don No1
When: 14 Mar 10 11:40
Exciting pit stops there
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:40
ffs, no refueling, can't even get the possibility of a pit fie, or rig still attached to the car as the driver pulls away, or the fuel hose whipping round violently, smacking a mechanic in the process.
Boring Boring Boring.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:41
So fkmqz, someone has an opinion on something on a public forum, and you just get obnoxious. I know enough about you already.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 11:41
you sad tw@t, youve got nothing better to do than come on here and moan about how bored you are. go and have a w@nk you sad pathetic little sh!t
By:
rupertthebear
When: 14 Mar 10 11:42
Been watching F1 for 25 years and never thought I would say this, but this is absolute rubbish. A waste of the license fee. The OP absolutely right, in fact train spotting more interesting than this.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:43
How sad, hiding behind an anonymous user name. I bet you're hard.
By:
rupertthebear
When: 14 Mar 10 11:43
fkqmz the sad one imo if he can't admit that this is utter dross. Amusing himself with insults too.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 11:46
rupert your a muppet, go fk yourself
By:
rupertthebear
When: 14 Mar 10 11:47
Quaking in my boots. At least if I take your advice it might be more interesting than this.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 11:51
good, at least you'll be off the forum and i wont have to read your dross posts.
By:
1.01 Layer
When: 14 Mar 10 11:52
Couldn't give a monkey's about F1 It's utter tedium and an environmental sickener.
I only put up with it because you can bet on it.

Test cricket, on the other hand...
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:52
Won't be reading yours much longer either.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:54
Apologies to my cricket friends, I do find it boring, but that is just the nature of the sport which is not to my taste. However this is suppose to be racing, which should be right up my street.
By:
rupertthebear
When: 14 Mar 10 11:55
You don't have to read any posts. If the race was as exciting as you seem to think it is, you wouldn't have time to read or post. HTH
By:
LazyRamper
When: 14 Mar 10 11:57
13 years ago.

One track in Asia, gravel traps all over the place, no tarmac run off areas, Monaco barriers actually hurt and the circuits were built in 1920 when they didn't think about safety.

The racing was still crap half the time, but at least you lived in suspense and the tracks actually looked like they weren't soulless.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 11:58
Exactly LR.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 11:58
and you dont have to watch this race, so stop your bloody moaning. gumpy old man syndrome.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 12:01
As a punter who takes my betting seriously, yes I do have to watch this race, and I am fully entitled to have an opinion on it, and the sport in general.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 12:07
ha, so your taking your bets 'seriously' and yet you dont know enough about the sport to see past what all the football mugs see and you see fit to come on the forum which youve not posted on for months and start moaning about it. you are truely pathetic.
By:
JRAS
When: 14 Mar 10 12:09
This is dreadful. Rule changes have reduced it to a procession again, after last season which was the best in years.
Oh, and hands off Test Match Cricket, which is in my opinion, far more intersesting than 20/20.
By:
efisio.
When: 14 Mar 10 12:11
I know enough about making money on the sport, as I did so last season. And before you ask, I haven't bet on this event, but what I see today maybe of benefit in the future.
By:
1.01 Layer
When: 14 Mar 10 12:12
fkqmz - Forum fascist or dummy spitter, you decide.

I'm guessing both.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 12:17
notice how the moanings suddenly stopped. god your all so fickle.
By:
1.01 Layer
When: 14 Mar 10 12:20
I think it's time for you to belt up too.
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Mar 10 12:22
:^0 no chance
By:
rupertthebear
When: 14 Mar 10 12:28
^^ Still got time to post, despite watching all the excitement. Oh dear, one very sad self opinionated individual.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com