Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Betfairy
09 Mar 10 18:45
| Topic/replies: 9,098 | Blogger: The Betfairy's blog
Aside from Schumacher coming back I fear for a farcical season, with new teams being miles off the pace and others bending the rules.
Pause Switch to Standard View Anyone else thing the new F1 season...
Show More
Report lewsi hamilton is a genius March 9, 2010 7:48 PM GMT
no
Report coast March 9, 2010 7:54 PM GMT
Nope!
Report Lam March 9, 2010 7:55 PM GMT
agree new teams could well be a long way behind, but disagree about a farce, could be closer at the top this year than recently, four constructors clear,
mclaren
ferrari
mercedes
red bull..

all set for a cracker.. :)
Report echobelly March 9, 2010 8:46 PM GMT
Sauber didn't seem too far away in testing either. (OK yes it is testing and therefore not taken as solid form)
Report Fashion Fever March 9, 2010 9:13 PM GMT
koyboshi looks a star to for sauber
Report fkqmz March 10, 2010 6:37 AM GMT
premier league - mclaren/ferrari
championship - red bull/mercedes
league1 - williams/sauber
league 2 - everyone else

betfairy, please stop fishing, thank you
Report echobelly March 10, 2010 5:15 PM GMT
Defo agree over Kobayashi in so much he will be a star for the future (think he's the best driver to come out of Japan for what seems an age, though would like to have seen Sato or even dare I say Satoro Nakajima (ask your parents LOL) in the right equipment and perhaps Kazuki Nakajima).

De La Rosa was a surprise in testing too as I initially saw him as a stop gap with experience etc. to aid setup/development good enough for the odd amount of points. BIt can see him being reasonable for a bit more.
Report Leuy Fan March 10, 2010 5:22 PM GMT
i agree fully with everyone except Betfairy!
Report Taylor's world March 10, 2010 7:57 PM GMT
His just on a wind up. If you don't like f1 then ** off this forum.
Report speedypro March 12, 2010 2:50 AM GMT
Without refuelling, I just see them all touring round in in decending order after qualifying.
Report Paiminz March 12, 2010 7:38 AM GMT
What's the difference of lap times between GP2 cars and those new teams? Anything less than 2 seconds they might as well merge GP2 with F1. Or send those new teams to GP2.
Report Paiminz March 12, 2010 7:48 AM GMT
I've read somewhere the difference is less than 10s. And these cars are 7s slower, just edged the GP2 cars.
Report Ray Burn March 12, 2010 12:10 PM GMT
From GP2 website

"Oliver Turvey topped todays trouble-free Free Practice at Bahrain International Circuit with a best laptime of 2:08.459"

Senna set 2:06.968, so only 1.5 secs faster than a GP2 car! The Virgins are a good 6 secs & Lotus about 7.5 secs faster.
Report The Betfairy March 12, 2010 12:43 PM GMT
Lotus + 5 seconds
Virgin +7seconds

FFS :(

Season over. It's a two constructor race between Mercedes and Mercedes.
Report westfour4 March 12, 2010 12:46 PM GMT
Shame for beting purposes that its now 10 places.

I remember when it was 6 places for points and you could get some value for someone to creep into the points now and then.
Report mr clene March 13, 2010 6:31 AM GMT
some bookies are betting on top 6, hopefully a few more wil do when they realise that f1 is set to be a 3 division championship.
check out oddschecker
Report Don No1 March 13, 2010 10:10 AM GMT
Probably, last year was a farce, just a parade. Hopefully we see some competitive racing
Report LazyRamper March 13, 2010 10:23 AM GMT
Monaco could be a farce, 24 teams on a 75s lap with some so far off the pace will lead to an absurd amount of traffic if there are no safety cars.
Report The Betfairy March 14, 2010 4:20 PM GMT
Just as expected, a farce. Now more processional than the Notting Hill Carnival.
It's dead :(
Report SuperSuperShire March 14, 2010 5:49 PM GMT
Why can't we just go back to how it used to be in the 90s

Qualifying:

An hour to get the fastest lap. No knockout, no one lap wonders. As many laps as you can to get the quickest time you can.

Race:

Start with whatever fuel you want, change onto whatever tyre you want, when you want.

Simple.
Report speedypro March 14, 2010 6:00 PM GMT
^ top idea.
Report fkqmz March 14, 2010 7:42 PM GMT
yeah this system worked really well in 02! in fact it was what happened that year which started off all the messing about with the rules in the first place. funny how people have such short memories isnt it.
Report Taylor's world March 14, 2010 8:07 PM GMT
Best season imop was the first year lewis burst onto the seen and the one befor that with shu alsons and button. Not sure whats happened since then. I think they tryed to bring in the smaller teams and its back fired.
Report lewsi hamilton is a genius March 14, 2010 8:19 PM GMT
you goto give it more than 1 race.

for me make the tyres not last so long.

F1 will never loads of overtaking if u dont like it swich over.
Report driver2 March 15, 2010 7:45 AM GMT
Agreed, you've got to give it more than 1 race, but not much more! Bahrain was a major bore and this season could well turn into a complete farce.
Report fkqmz March 15, 2010 8:29 AM GMT
even if your daft enough to find it boring and watch it anyway, i dont really think being boring makes it farcical
Report brentford March 15, 2010 10:17 AM GMT
Whitmarsh (McLaren) was talking up the possibility of a mandatory two pit stops being introduced even within the current season as an option and also encouraging Bridgestone to come up with some rather quicker wearing compounds..
the super soft tyre performed a bit too well for the purpose on this occassion.

I have to say in general I didn't think yesterday was any particualr indication that things will be noticably poorer this year (as far as lively racing goes) from recent times.

Great to see Lotus (or is it Proton ? ) off to a good start and the battle between the smaller teams will be of some interest to most that follow the sport reasonably closely rather than just tuning in for the race on a sunday.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com