Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Java
14 Mar 10 13:04
| Topic/replies: 12,423 | Blogger: Java's blog
I think this was a big backward step. The race would have been a complete procession with no change in running order after lap 4 if Vettel's problem hadn't arrisen. I foresee many more "Monaco" style races this season - very disappointing. They also said it was more strategic - but I thought it was much better with different fuel loads in qualifying and different strategies. I can see some combination of Red Bull, Ferrari, Mclaren taking the first 6 spots at nearly every race :(
Pause Switch to Standard View Nlo Refueling
Show More
Report westfour4 March 14, 2010 1:06 PM GMT
Think its a safety issue. But i agree
Report Taylor's world March 14, 2010 1:07 PM GMT
Year agree still love it thou. Not sure what they could do to make it more exciting. Maybe the start the next race on a complete reverse of finish of the last race?
Report westfour4 March 14, 2010 1:08 PM GMT
would never happen,but a handicap start would be interesting
Report stevie_p March 14, 2010 1:11 PM GMT
was talk of some aero package to stop the dirty air when cars caught up.
why cant that be implemented.
ferrari caught right up on vettel and had to back off.
that would make for better racing.
Report Green Board March 14, 2010 1:12 PM GMT
Definite danger that there's going to be a bit of a procession in a lot of races and agree that in most cases the top 6 places are going to be filled by the top 4 teams (good job it's not just points for the top 6 still!). Would be godd if Bridgestone have tyres that are a bit more marginal - have to see how it goes I guess!
Report speedypro March 14, 2010 1:16 PM GMT
Idea. They should race behind a fast pace car.
One that is faster than all of them but one that can back them up into a pack again, to keep them racing.
Once they get strung out now it is sit back and wait for mechanical failure before there is any excitement.
Report fkqmz March 14, 2010 1:29 PM GMT
tbh if you want to watch excitement, watch irl, watch touring cars. jees go to the kart track and have a go yourself. imo f1 should be the pinnacle of motorsport and the forefront of technology. passing is not supposed to be easy and breaking the procession is what discerns the champions from the also rans.
Report stevie_p March 14, 2010 1:36 PM GMT
fkqmz 14 Mar 14:29
tbh if you want to watch excitement, watch irl, watch touring cars. jees go to the kart track and have a go yourself. imo f1 should be the pinnacle of motorsport and the forefront of technology. passing is not supposed to be easy and breaking the procession is what discerns the champions from the also rans.

thats bulls1it.

F1 dies in the modern era without sponsorship and media backing.

season of processions and the sport is in jeopardy again like the schumi years.

i agree with a lot of what you say but all we ask for is when one car is quicker that there is an aerodynamic tweak that allows the opportunity of a skilled overtaking move
Report speedypro March 14, 2010 1:37 PM GMT
We want to know who is the best driver. We want to see people who think they are the best ,eating humble pie, after somebody has conclusively proved to be better than them.
Report fkqmz March 14, 2010 1:41 PM GMT
no there was plenty of skilled overtaking moves today. the performance difference at the front is just so small now that you cant overtake. messing around, making rules purely to get everyone overtaking each other has the risk attached of turning f1 in to wacky races and thats something no one wants
Report fkqmz March 14, 2010 1:45 PM GMT
id also add that overtaking at the front is sometimes possible, but we havnt seen them doing it over the last few years, mainly imo because the points scoring system didnt reward the risks. i think maybe this year, when they all get a bit more used to the scoring system, that may change.
Report stevie_p March 14, 2010 1:45 PM GMT
reverse grids and all that nonsense makes a mockery of the sport.
however why cant a aero package be made that allows the fastest car at least be able to have a chance at a move.
this dirty air they talk of seems to be whats killing the overtaking at the front end of the track.
im no expert , can this be done , id be sure it could.
listening to the red button coverage there is a real danger of a procession season. thats not what we want
Report Taylor's world March 14, 2010 1:46 PM GMT
not sure i agree. Love f1 but they must make it better to overtake for more excitment. At least when we had refuling slower cars at some point were faster through fuel levels. I understand that trye damage might replace that this year so with out seeing a more trye demanding track its to early to comment.
Report stevie_p March 14, 2010 1:47 PM GMT
ferrari came right onto vettel , several corners and he had to BACK OFF. thats not what the sports about.
**that problem is the key in my limited knowledge
Report Taylor's world March 14, 2010 1:47 PM GMT
year steve like your comment that would be the way forward if pos.
Report stevie_p March 14, 2010 1:49 PM GMT
reverse grids can never happen , the cars are too fast and too far apart.
would be someone killed.
they are too far out ideas.
however they have their place.
its shows how desperate we are for overtaking
Report Taylor's world March 14, 2010 1:53 PM GMT
lol telling ya
Report fkqmz March 14, 2010 2:12 PM GMT
am watching france v italy now tbh but i dont agree that we have a procession season on our hands. thats just a knee jerk reaction to an average race at a dyer circuit. it was to be expected really. i think what gets to you is that 15 years ago, there was a lot more overtaking and more significantly, there was important overtakes at the front. it is an aerodynamics issue but 15 years ago, the aeros werent anything like as complex and the dirty air pocket was much less significant. its rise in significance is purely a side effect of the progression of aero tech and i dont think your ever going to convince f1 designers to comprimise on design and not do everything they can to gain an advantage. f1, as with all other sports, is far too ferociously fought for these days for that.

bottom line, f1 has now been like this for 10 years. its not going back to how it was and i dont think youll ever see them flying past wach other the way the moto gp boys do.
Report Taylor's world March 14, 2010 2:23 PM GMT
Ok but don't you have a comment on how they could make it better?
Report fkqmz March 14, 2010 2:27 PM GMT
yes they need to get rid of sh!t tracks like bahrain
Report Taylor's world March 14, 2010 2:33 PM GMT
lol. I agree. Did you notice how thin the track is as well. It looked like a track for motor bikes not motor cars!
Report no moves March 14, 2010 7:34 PM GMT
I wonder if they decision not to allow fuel stops could ironically be a backward step in formula one safety. Only two drivers have died in formula one inthe past 28 years, in much of that time they have allowed petrol stops, the neccesity to have a complete race load of fuel on board at the start of the race may possibly increase the risk of fire on the formula one car. I know the percieved wisdom is that stops for petrol are a potential fire risk, but nobody in 28 years has died in the sport through being burned alive so is it true that refuelling is riskier than loading up double or treble times as much fuel at the start of the race. In the 1960s and 1970s fire was considered to be the most lethal risk to a driver.
Report Fashion Fever March 14, 2010 7:54 PM GMT
wasnt a race today just cars following cars ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com