Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Green Board
01 Nov 09 12:49
| Topic/replies: 404 | Blogger: Green Board's blog
What are your thoughts?

I think Mclaren will carry the momentum, they have a superb driver in Hamilton only stumbling block could be they won't have KERS.

Red Bull should be strong too but what engine will they have.

Ferrari I see being better but not the force they were; I'd expect a few wins from Alonso and hopefully one for Massa.

Brawn I don't see keeping up the momentum but I believe they've been working on next years car mroe than McLaren and Ferrari did last year, probably only a couple of wins.

Can't see anyone else getting into it or even winning a race unless the Cosworth engine is a blinder in which case dark horse in Williams
Pause Switch to Standard View Formual1 - 2010: Championship...
Show More
Report Green Board November 1, 2009 1:54 PM GMT
Out of interest does anyone know when the book opens? I wasn't using Betfair this time last year so have no idea.
Report fkqmz November 1, 2009 1:55 PM GMT
GB i think all these thoughts are knee jerk reactions. The budget cap is going to totally change the way the teams go about the winter, and who adapts best to the situation is very unpredictable at this stage. I like your williams shout though, if theres one team with a history of adapting very well to having no money its PAtrick Head and Frank Williams. no top driver though makes it hard to see them as championship material.
Report Bellagio5 November 1, 2009 1:55 PM GMT
Another boring dog-$h1t season, won by whoever has the best car
Report Green Board November 1, 2009 1:57 PM GMT
What are the budget cap rules now - when everything went crazy mid season I was not sure what had actually been decided when the FOTA teams agreed to carry on. All seemed a bit vague and grey.
Report fkqmz November 1, 2009 3:50 PM GMT
as i understand it the $30m cap was in place but your making me doubt that now. amybe im wrong
Report Green Board November 1, 2009 4:34 PM GMT
I've had a browse around and Wiki (Ok not the most reliable source) says no budget cap http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Formula_One_season
Ties in with what I recall and I believe is why there's been so much talk of some of the new teams not making the grid. Only change is refuelling out essentially.
Report fkqmz November 1, 2009 4:44 PM GMT
good! i didnt want it anyway. i think now we have a truely great championship to look forward to next year. alonso and massa want the title REALLY bad and theyll be all out just to beat each other. lets assume mclaren take on kimi as i think they probably will, hamilton is not going to happy about this and how he reacts to it in the first few races will be key to his championship challenge. also key will be which kimi turns up. the old kimi will give him a real challenge (and show him up very badly imho) but the recent kimi will be seeing out his last year in the sport! meanwhile theres no reason to think red bull wont have the best car again so what price a 6-way championship battle. bring it on!!
Report bb66 November 1, 2009 6:01 PM GMT
100 m € for 2010 and a restriction to 45 persons working on the race weekend
Report Cubanpete November 2, 2009 4:37 PM GMT
Williams may have one of the best drivers in Nico Hulkenberg. He's certainly worth throwing a couple of quid on.
Report brentford November 2, 2009 4:48 PM GMT
some early prices around

http://www.oddschecker.com/motor-sport/formula-one/drivers-championship

In a non price sensitive environment I'd probably pick Alonso on the back of Ferrari starting the 2010 car pretty early and allied to his obvious ability and their financial clout...plenty short enough for betting purposes though.

Brawn's hopes surely largely linked to how the Mercedes deal works out and how good a sponsorship deal they can sought out you'd think.
Report brentford November 2, 2009 4:54 PM GMT
Can't really see Williams making much progress,
they had a great opportunity as one of the double diffuser teams at the start of the season to make some impact at the start of the season at least and a very decent driver in Rosberg...was largely a pretty ordinairy season, probably face a tougher situation in 2010 with all the big boys fully focused pretty early this time on their 2010 development.
Report Fashion Fever November 2, 2009 9:49 PM GMT
vettel at 6/1 is very tastey !
Report arthur daley November 2, 2009 9:56 PM GMT
only a mug would bet at this stage.

Based on last year Renault looked really good at the end what happened to them.

Red Bull finish the year with the best car but who knows what Newey comes up with next year.
Report catfloppo November 3, 2009 9:08 AM GMT
What are the rules for a new engine? Development is frozen for existing suppliers but could cosworth spring a surprise?
Report __JC_GT__ November 3, 2009 11:08 AM GMT
TBH I think the Brawn car was just as good. I just rate Vettel & Webber a little higher as srivers.
Report brentford November 4, 2009 5:48 PM GMT
Toyota gone,
Renault holding a board meeting to discuss it's future in F1...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8343221.stm

that breakaway series would have gone well ;)
Report Green Board November 5, 2009 6:52 PM GMT
Red Bull must be a bit wooried about potential Renault pull out. Kubica must be livid!
Report Stringer November 23, 2009 9:15 AM GMT
Fernando Alonso will win the championship without a sweat if Ferrari provide him with a decent enough car.
Report Darren Lamb November 23, 2009 9:55 PM GMT
^ O
Report brentford December 3, 2009 6:56 PM GMT
Renault increasingly likely to only be an engine supply with ProDrive possibly taking over the team

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=353268&FS=F1
Report brentford December 10, 2009 8:45 PM GMT
pssible introduction of a new points system for 2010

1st 25,
2nd 20,
3rd 15,
4th10,
5th 8 ,
6th 6 ,
7th 5 ,
8th 3,
9th 2,
10th 1.
Report SuperSuperShire December 11, 2009 2:22 AM GMT
Almost certain they WONT change the points scoring for next season
Report El Bandido December 11, 2009 10:54 AM GMT
Seems an odd proposal ... 2 pts gain from 8th to 7th place, and then 1pt gain from 7th to 6th place ... where's the sense in that?!
Report Green Board January 18, 2010 6:26 PM GMT
Wonder if they are going to tinker with it further
Report bb66 January 28, 2010 4:52 PM GMT
ast week I read about another points distribution, not sure if I remember corrctly, 25, 18, 14,12,10,8,6,4,2,1, but I'm sure about the 1st and 2nd.
Report fkqmz January 29, 2010 8:15 AM GMT
has it been finalised yet?, i think the teams were trying to get this through but i dont know if they did it yet. should happen though.
Report Green Board February 1, 2010 2:40 PM GMT
i thought it had been changed but not 100% on that.

Waht d'you think of the new cars then - they look more different than I was expecting. Gonna be hard to judge the pace in the test sessions though as the fuel load could be anything.
Report bb66 February 2, 2010 1:39 PM GMT
FIA will decide tomorrow, 3rd should get 15 pts, other places correct in my previous post
Report treble February 4, 2010 10:19 AM GMT
After the testing, could Massa be looking tasty at 10's with a view to trade?
Report MrSmith February 5, 2010 10:39 PM GMT
After what was a first test that doesn't tell us much of anything the price for Alonso is way too short.

Lots of value in an Alonso lay looking to trade out when the price recovers to about 5.0 after the next couple of tests, or certainly by the first race.

Too long term for me though - can't afford to tie up much bankroll for 6 weeks.

Hamilton ought to be favourite still - the Ferrari was running quite a bit lighter than the other cars.

I reckon once testing is done and we see a more accurate picture Hamilton will hit 4.0 and Alonso will drift back to 5.0
Report fkqmz February 6, 2010 12:47 PM GMT
the Ferrari was running quite a bit lighter than the other cars.

do you have anything to support this because ive not found anything to suggest it. alonso ran on varying fuel loads, so did hamilton, so did everyone else as far as i can see it. i agree alonso is too short though. best trade should be vettel though. surely price will drop as soon as the car hits the track
Report __JC_GT__ February 12, 2010 6:49 AM GMT
As much as we have many great driver line ups & cars this season, 2010 will be remembered in history for:

Alonso vs. Hamilton
Report virtuoso February 12, 2010 10:16 PM GMT
Massa at 11s is good for me. Obviously been out, but the injury should not affect his performance at all. Unlike Alonso knows the team and car, dont see why he wont be at 5s or 6s when the season starts
Report Green Board March 14, 2010 12:51 PM GMT
Ferrari are looking a bit ominous - hope the season lives up to the billing and isn't a prancing horse procession. Fingers crossed the Red Bull's can keep taking the fight to them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com