Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Taylor's world
02 Mar 10 20:35
| Topic/replies: 337 | Blogger: Taylor's world's blog
Been to a few now and would love to know your favourits and why?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 14
By:
Leuy Fan
When: 03 Mar 10 20:48
i thought this topic might have stirred up more interest....
By:
fkqmz
When: 04 Mar 10 07:38
this forum is dead, no one ever speaks to each other except during race weekends when it can get quite.......... tedious :/
By:
SuperSuperShire
When: 04 Mar 10 22:44
Spa and Au Rouge by far the best for me.

Even without Au Rouge, Spa is always an eventful circuit, especially if the rain comes, which it usually does!
By:
catfloppo
When: 05 Mar 10 08:51
The downside at Spa is you only get to see the cars go past 44 times.
By:
hOOd
When: 06 Mar 10 11:52
Monza

Despite the ever changing chicanes it's still pretty much as it was when it was built and a walk around the banked circuit is a must
By:
Biancoceleste
When: 06 Mar 10 18:21
motor racing forum is poor, try planet f1 forum, thats very good. I went to Turkey last year, was nice but not much atmopshere, Hungaroring 2008 was excellent with all the Poles cheering on Kubica, bit too hot though! Hockenheim 2004 was great too. Going to Catalunya this year and want to do Monza and Spa very soon!
By:
Soap
When: 06 Mar 10 21:17
Any1 been to the night race?
By:
Leuy Fan
When: 08 Mar 10 20:12
Going Barca too! Never been before, only been to 2 foreign events, went to Valencia last year and Monza the year before. I must say, monza was brilliant! Even though it rained, we were seated on the first chicane (i highly highly recommend sitting there!) and got to see loads of action. Lewis was cutting through the pack with massa which made for brilliant entertainment. the only thing i was slightly dissappointed with was the Italian crowd, i was expecting more atmosphere from the ferrari fans (and more abuse since i was in my Mclaren get up). Then again, Kimi did get slapped by lewis early on.

Valencia was very different. i think we had poor seats (even though they still cost a bomb) and the race was boring, no overtaking, no action except for a grosjean spin and the amusement of watching a ferrari toddle round in last place. However, the weekend in general was a good laugh, good weather, right by the beach, etc. So as there my only two points of reference for away trips, i can definitely say that valencia was great for a weekend away with the lads (with F1 thrown in), whereas Monza was all about the race and not so much the 'apres-ski'!

Take from that what you will
By:
hOOd
When: 08 Mar 10 20:40
I'm surprised to hear about the lack of atmos Leuy - the place and the support has never failed to send a tingle down my spine

I was at Monza in 88 when Ferrari got the 1-2 about a month after**Ferrari had died - it was one of the most memorable days of my life and this from a Lotus man!
By:
Leuy Fan
When: 08 Mar 10 21:01
i'm just as surprised - maybe it was combination of high expectations, ferrari didn't qualify or race well and it rained all weekend which when it rained like it did is usually enough to dampen most peoples spirit, even those avid supporters. i must say that the italians attitudes were better than i thought they would be (towards oppostion)
By:
hOOd
When: 08 Mar 10 21:32
Though loyal to the red cars the tifosi occasionallyt don't take to a driver and Raikonnen was one of them. Not sure they'll take to Alonso either but then I said that about Mansell and he's still treated like a God over there
By:
Taylor's world
When: 09 Mar 10 19:00
Just hope its hot for barca. Real dissapointing if we don't get the weather as thats all part of going raceing aboard.
By:
hOOd
When: 09 Mar 10 20:09
Taylor I hope you enjoy it but personally I'd be hoping for rain otherwise it's likely to be one of the dullest races of the year
By:
anton_chigurh
When: 10 Mar 10 18:27
Where? Monaco/Monza.
Why? Women.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo