Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Leuy Fan
03 Mar 10 19:11
| Topic/replies: 67 | Blogger: Leuy Fan's blog
Its a gonna be a hot contest, but who's gonna have the edge?....
Pause Switch to Standard View Lewis v Alonso
Show More
Report fkqmz March 4, 2010 7:54 AM GMT
well..... probably whoever has the best car but for the sake of discussion...
how do you think the fuel/tyre situation will suit hamilton? if he continues to drive massively aggressively and cook his front tyres, particularly in T1s, hes going to struggle to beat button never mind alonso.
Report budvar March 4, 2010 9:33 AM GMT
I think you will find that Bridgestone will be very conservative when it comes to rubber compounds this season. They do not want the world to see F1 cars driving around with tyres that are falling to bits. Everyone was expecting the new narrower fronts to be wearing excessively, but after testing various drivers said the difference between this year and last is very marginal in terms of tyre wear. Lewis will be fine, he is a quick learner in any case.
Report fkqmz March 4, 2010 10:01 AM GMT
mmm ok then
Report budvar March 4, 2010 5:45 PM GMT
Futher to this, it was reported today in Autosport magazine that Bridgestone personel have said the tyres used by the two McLaren drivers in recent testing showed that it was Button who was wearing his tyres more than Hamilton. Not what anyone was expecting, but never underestimate Hamilton's ability to adapt.
Report Leuy Fan March 4, 2010 7:26 PM GMT
I think you're right about hamilton's ability to adapt, he's so naturally talented and with 3 years of F1 under his belt now he'll be able to understand how to get the best out of the car/tyres. I do agree about the comment 'best car wins', of course, but i think mcalren and ferrari are gonna be pretty evenly matched. It will be good to see both mclarens and ferraris strategies now without refuelling.

As for alonso, i think he is similar to lewis with regards to agression in toe to toe battles, but hamilton is the more aggressive driver e.g. eating into corners. its a love/hate thing with alonso for me...after the way he spat his dummy when partnering hamilton, he went down in my estimation, but i appreciate he's a good driver and i do love how he's a real hothead...however, hamilton has the mental game won, and i think in the same car i'd back leuy!!
Report lewsi hamilton is a genius March 4, 2010 7:55 PM GMT
Oldest and most incorrect story in F1 Hamiton recks his tyres. Brazil last year hmm?
Report Taylor's world March 4, 2010 8:09 PM GMT
Both not scared of each other.
Report fkqmz March 7, 2010 7:13 AM GMT
Oldest and most incorrect story in F1 Hamiton recks his tyres. Brazil last year hmm?

oh please, are you going to make me start pulling out the countless examples of when hamilton HAS wrecked his tyres. he has the capacity to sort this problem out but its a long long way form being a myth, behave!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com