Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
no moves
20 Nov 09 23:31
| Topic/replies: 2,852 | Blogger: no moves's blog
On the BBC they are quoting Eddie Jordan who suggests that Mercedes want Michael schumacher to race for them next year but will this happen what do you think?
Pause Switch to Standard View Mercedes want schumacher to drive for...
Show More
Report pug munter November 21, 2009 12:33 PM GMT
some bookies are quoting Michael 8-1 for the title, which imo will be a huge price if he does actually race next season. Not sure if its "with a run" or "all in", I assume the latter.
Report no moves November 21, 2009 3:01 PM GMT
If his car is competitive and he was to run 8/1 would be a trully amazing price for what is arguably the greatest racing driver that has ever lived.
Report montgomery brewster November 23, 2009 7:49 PM GMT
8-1 POOR VALUE
Report JayCee November 26, 2009 12:23 PM GMT
he´s a bona fied **...Maradona...Thierry Henri...Michael Schumacher...I was at Jerez when he tried to crash into Jacques Villeneuve and failed...the guy is a german cnut...he is not a great champion, he is a ** !
Report johnnie walker November 26, 2009 10:18 PM GMT
Opinions, JayCee, opinions.
Still, what is the relevance of you being there in jerez with shumy to be labelled a **? or you just wanted to show off you got a passport?
Report catfloppo November 27, 2009 9:31 PM GMT
I was there in Austria when he got punted off on the first corner then tried to drive back onto the track so the race would get stopped.

Win at all costs. Not a great sportsman but he certainly did win!
Report alesi85 December 1, 2009 2:41 PM GMT
i hope schumi returns, plz god plz let this happen, for one lasy hurrah
Report Mike0002 December 12, 2009 2:43 PM GMT
it's 99% sure that he comes back, just need to finish medicine check up
Report pug munter December 12, 2009 8:14 PM GMT
his brother Ralf reckons he's coming back.... 10/1 now...fill your boots ;)
Report Ray Burn December 18, 2009 5:52 PM GMT
Luca di Montezemolo has revealed Schumie has told him he's very close to coming back with mercedes.
Report brentford December 18, 2009 6:08 PM GMT
bad luck Nico, even treatment out the window... :|
Report Clarky9 December 18, 2009 6:20 PM GMT
Are any of the 8/1 quotes 'with a run?'
Report JayCee December 21, 2009 5:23 PM GMT
as with schumacher returning to mercedes and maradona with argentina...i hope they both get their **ing arses kicked as soon as possible...to hell with both of the bastads...merry xmas
Report montgomery brewster December 21, 2009 8:39 PM GMT
they never come back, he'l do no good it will be mclaren v ferrari next year once again. schumi won his last 5 titles in a dominant ferrari with no teamate to challenge 8-1 to beat a prime alonzo and hamilton plus possibly red bull again. id want 50-1 myself
Report fkqmz December 23, 2009 7:48 AM GMT
oh dear, theres an old man with orange skin who looks like hes come straight from muscle beach prancing around on ssn clips like hes about to enter formula 1. how tragic!

seriously though this whole schumacher coming back kinda reminds me of one of these old classic tv shows that gets resurrected when its really better left in the past.
Report catfloppo December 23, 2009 9:04 AM GMT
Monty, what would you lay at?
Report fkqmz December 23, 2009 10:59 AM GMT
interview on bbc - new fresh in
he's still a nob!
Report -= coked up pansy =- December 23, 2009 5:27 PM GMT
the guy is a legend in my book - 100% winner, got to admire that.
Report pug munter December 23, 2009 6:28 PM GMT
montgomery brewster 21 Dec 21:39

id want 50-1 myself

are you serious? the man who has won 7 titles and 91 races, driving for the current drivers and constructors champions, led by the man who master-minded all Michael's championships now with the weight of Mercedes behind them, and your saying that he only has a 2% chance of winning again?
Report montgomery brewster December 24, 2009 6:57 PM GMT
if i priced him on 9 titles and 91 wins in a world championship car id make him 1-5 but that was then this is now, true ross brawn is agenius but they won last year because they got a jump on the competition and the 2nd half of the season was poor, fascinating to have him back in the mix but 5-1 good luck. true 50s i would back him myself thinking on it. my error your correct perhaps 25 is more accurate
Report catfloppo December 26, 2009 9:44 AM GMT
Would you lay at 20?
Report johnnie walker December 28, 2009 12:28 AM GMT
he surely wdnt enter the competition if he didnt think he had a good chance to win. he ll be favourite come the european season.
Report montgomery brewster December 29, 2009 8:15 PM GMT
oh no he wont.
Report Green Board December 29, 2009 8:43 PM GMT
He'll likely be favourite if he's leading at that point, otherwise he won't
Report anton_chigurh January 1, 2010 3:02 PM GMT
Suspect they'll have clearly the best engine but a pretty average aero package.
The regulation changes - particularly no refuelling - will help them, having RB's tactical brain on the wall.
Michael will be Michael, just as good as he was before he quit, remember Prost won the World Championship aged 38 in cars that were much more physically demanding, without the fitness regimes employed today, and racing against one A. Senna.
Report wimderon January 1, 2010 5:36 PM GMT
Brawn GP cars were very easy on the tires last year, if that remains the same that will be a huge advantage for them, making them much more flexible on that aspect.
Report coney January 2, 2010 2:21 AM GMT
will nico be given equal billing given that mercedes have annointed him as their man for the future. not good to make him play 2nd fiddle to schuey.

I will be piling in on Nico in a season h2h with grandpa **macher. Nico is a quality quality driver and i dont give a f uck what michael has done in the past. His ferrari was as dominant a car as you would see for much of his reign.

Competition is far far far more even if 09 is anything to go by and the depth of talent in the driving ranks is exceptional at the moment. Lewis, fernando, jenson,seb, nico and mark webber are all guns . Schuey has his work cut out, he'll sulk if the car is a shiitheap as well.
Report mr clene January 2, 2010 11:33 AM GMT
how can anyone dismiss shuemi at this time, what a great season we have to look forward to: alonso in a ferrari, lewis and jenson + shuemi in a merc. AMAZING bring it on.

just one little thought MASSA WDC ( surely he deserves it )
Report Green Board January 2, 2010 1:34 PM GMT
Well for what it's worth my take on it all is:

Mercedes - You'd probably favour Mercedes as the best engine but with the freeze there's not going to be a massive difference and how much the FIA allows engine manufacturers to 'catch up' seems to change all the time. Cosworth could yet be a (fairly unlikely) shock here. I think some of Ross Brawns will have less to play with strategy wise now that refuelling is banned. I wouldn't pay too much heed to how the cars were last year with tyres - with heavier fuelled up cars all the teams will have thought of this and made it a design consideration.

Schumacher: Well he's not likely to be bad is he - but how good he will be very hard to tell until the season is underway. I rate him as the best I have ever seen but I think he faces a much greater task than Prost did in 93 because
1) He's older
2) He's had more time out of the car
3) The Williams of 92/93 was utterly dominant - the Mercedes is unlikely to be. Even though Senna was racing against Prost in 93 the McLaren then was not a real match. In 2010 you'd expect McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull to be all on the pace.
4) I would say the cars now are more demanding to drive now - 93 was the age of driver aids the changes last year made the driver work more.
5) One of his really great strengths has always been blasting around an outstanding time on the in lap. This may not be so easy now as the tyres will be shot and you'll have the same fuel as everyone else (unless of course Bridgestone build tyres that can last for ages and we just see the one stop to swap compounds)

Rosberg: I was surprised to hear that Schumachers deal was for 3 years; had thought it was a one off blast. I'd agree that they must surely see Rosberg as the (at least potential) future for the team. However this will be his first year in what will (hopefully) be a winning car. In this regard I think Schumachers expeience and Rosbergs relative inexperience will come into play. I wouldn't back Rosberg this year, although I'd love to see him get some wins.

The Competition:

Mclaren: Hamilton is rightfull favourite for the season I reckon. Earlier point about tyres makes me think Button may be underated - Hamilton is the better driver but Button's smoothness could be a real asset next year.

Ferrari: Alonso is bloody good - a lot rides on the car now. I think his current odds reflect the Ferrari being a much better car than it was in 09 - this is no guarantee. Massa - bit of a dark horse, I think it's going to be tough for him to both come back and step up again against Alonso.

Red Bull: If the car's good Vettel could well be world champion. He has the experience now.

Others: Can't see any title contenders. Kubica is the best driver not in one of the top 4 teams but the Renault is really unlikely to be a championship car. Cosworth could spring a surprise but I can't see Williams being able to capitalise on that even if it does happen.
Report wimderon January 2, 2010 1:39 PM GMT
coney 02 Jan 04:21

will nico be given equal billing given that mercedes have annointed him as their man for the future. not good to make him play 2nd fiddle to schuey.

I will be piling in on Nico in a season h2h with grandpa **macher. Nico is a quality quality driver and i dont give a f uck what michael has done in the past. His ferrari was as dominant a car as you would see for much of his reign.

Competition is far far far more even if 09 is anything to go by and the depth of talent in the driving ranks is exceptional at the moment. Lewis, fernando, jenson,seb, nico and mark webber are all guns . Schuey has his work cut out, he'll sulk if the car is a shiitheap as well.

Lol, sounds like someone doesn't like Schumacher.

The Ferrari was not a dominant car when he arrived there, he played a huge part in making the Ferrari a dominant car.

As hard as they all can drive, helping develop/improve the car is just as important as pure speed. It's up to Rosberg to keep up with Schumacher on the development part, if he doesn't it will indeed look like he has been given a worse car, which obviously won't be the case.
Report fkqmz January 6, 2010 9:22 AM GMT
The Ferrari was not a dominant car when he arrived there, he played a huge part in making the Ferrari a dominant car.

true but this took 5 years!! and he was never able to win a championship in which his car was not the best in the field.
surely no one thinks hes got another 5 years in him do they? i have to say the most viable theory ive heard as to why schumacher has been signed is that they want a fully german team and vettel is not available for 2 years.
Report wimderon January 6, 2010 2:16 PM GMT
true but this took 5 years!! and he was never able to win a championship in which his car was not the best in the field.
surely no one thinks hes got another 5 years in him do they? i have to say the most viable theory ive heard as to why schumacher has been signed is that they want a fully german team and vettel is not available for 2 years.

One can say Mercedes GP will be in much better shape at the moment than Ferrari was when he arrived there, and furthermore there won't be a car on the grid as dominant as the Williams in '97 and the McLaren in '98. Just look at the point differences between Schumacher and Irvine in '96-'97-'98. In '99 he would probably already have won it without the accident in Silverstone.

If he is only there for the sake of being German they could have signed Heidfeld for the next two years instead.
Report fkqmz January 6, 2010 2:24 PM GMT
so if schumacher is dominant next year, it is because of him and his influence on the team? not because the team is already WCC? you cant compare anything schumacher did to irvine. god he was awful, how he ever got a ferrari drive mystifies me. possibly to make schumacher look good - or more likely cause he was cheap at the time. no i really think schumacher is a high profile stop gap until vettel becomes available. heidfeld/ rosberg not good enough pairing for a WCC team so he is the first option if they want to keep the team all german which they clearly do.
Report fkqmz January 6, 2010 2:33 PM GMT
do you think vettel is worth the hype? he's been bigged up by some significant people this week and i cant help thinking hes not got the bottle to pull off the potential bernie (just for example) feels he has.

also i know ive thrown this out before but how long do we think a grass is going to last in a team from the most**country in sport? unless they win the championship, inside 2 years imo i can only see this relationship ending in tears. +if it does has alonso then proved he has too big an ego to drive for anyone except flavio, in which case hes screwed.

also whos going to win out of barrichello and hulkenberg? nico could be very very good imo hope he takes to the car well

also with vettel (maybe) going to mercedes long term, are red bull interested in taking on kimi raikkonen when he goes. random thing to say i know but after reading this:-

http://en.redbulletin.com/articles/kimi/

it doesnt seem so random any more.
Report no moves January 25, 2010 5:53 PM GMT
All those detractors on here who wrote about how bad a value Schumacher was a month ago at 8/1 for the drivers championship must be kicking themselves now don't you think
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com