Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
15 Mar 22 12:34
| Topic/replies: 31,879 | Blogger: workrider's blog
I remember days it would be buzzing...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
rock piper
When: 15 Mar 22 15:58
Forum was taken over by nasty characters became toxic and never recovered, IIRC you were one of them.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 15 Mar 22 20:29
Hope you are all well and enjoying the festival,most of the forums are quiet in any case.
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 16 Mar 22 20:37
Agree with most of your post rock piper don't know anything about IIRC though. Further problem with Cheltenham in these times is the way the fourth day has diluted the top races. Interesting to hear Peter Scudamore's take on this on the ITV morning line. No Ryanair chase on his watch you either went Gold Cup or Champion 2mile chase. No ducking or diving from the novice hurdles either. All real championship races. Peter Scu not in favour of a 5th day either, too many races and not enough top horses for them. Its going to be like Galway if they opt for a 5th day. The few top races each day topped up with bad handicaps just like Galway without the great DKW. Not my idea of a festival of racing. In any event I have not been there for a good while. I prefer to saunter over to my local Curragh and enjoy this wonderful course. Roll on the flat and Curragh at end of this month.
By:
Cupwinkcook
When: 26 Mar 22 22:26
People dont have anything to say anymore.
This forum is no longer an information exchange.

You might as well go back to reading the form book or clearing your head.

I cant be arsed talking to anyone about betting.
it has become a solitary occupation
By:
kavvie
When: 01 Apr 22 18:29
used be 4 or 5 people on here regular that kew the time of day. but they got hounded off..  4 off the top of my head were big willy style, callit, stamford bridge and the road to lingstown.  there were others good but i apologise for forgetting the names...
By:
jerseyboy
When: 03 Apr 22 18:16
Agree completely, do not bother posting on here whatsoever, to many only to happy to insult and yet put no contribution at all.
Would be great to exchange info in confidence with any others..
By:
RoyalAcademy
When: 04 Apr 22 15:45
"People dont have anything to say anymore"

Whatever about your succeeding comments this is so far off the mark. The fact is that old school forums have been taken over and supplanted by social media and podcasts with very large followings.

I do agree with you on the "solitary occupation" but I doubt anyone (or many) every gave away the crown jewels by a comment on a forum or before they had helped themselves to the best available odds.
By:
punchestown
When: 04 Apr 22 20:09
There was some effort/detail in Stamford Bridge's race day threads and I really enjoyed reading them,it's a terrible pity what happened to this place.SadSad
By:
Cupwinkcook
When: 05 Apr 22 22:59
I dont claim to be right about everything.
Comments made by others are all fair comments.

Good to see people who i have had time for in the past adding to this thread. At least they are all above ground.

Happy to throw up a few thoughts about Aintree later in the week. Hopefully others will chip in.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com