Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RoyalAcademy
18 Nov 21 12:19
| Topic/replies: 1,358 | Blogger: RoyalAcademy's blog
Questions and observations:
1. Has Jim Bolger ever used John Warwick?
2. Why did 90% of horseboxes visiting the Monasterevin yard have no stable livery on their horse boxes over months of private observation?
3. When is a "remedy" a smoking gun?
4. Ballydoyle employee owns the the yard in question?
5. What English trainer(s) hired the private dick?
6. Why are the FBI involved?
7. Why was IHRB absent from the first hour of the raid?
8. Was it pure coincidence the glowing report on IHRB testing practises overlapped with the dawn raid?
9. Livia Soprano: "It's all a big nothing"?
10. Lord Denning: "an appalling vista"?

John Warwick once treated a filly I was involved in back to A1 shape from being unraceable - partner bought her unraced out of a big Curragh yard - and she was treated by JW in UK. She was potentially brilliant on two racecourse wins but was never really sound as it turned out.
Pause Switch to Standard View John Warwick is Lance Armstrong?
Show More
Report cloone river November 19, 2021 12:32 AM GMT
Good questions and observations RoyalAcademy.The question about the English trainers hired the private dick is hard to believe.I would say its all a big nothing and they are other elements at play here.Any luck at Thurles today RoyalAcademy?Couldnt believe Nells Well got beaten today the winner will win a few more if able to jump better so will Nells Well.
Report olddesperado November 19, 2021 8:51 PM GMT
1,  no idea but I doubt it as kimmage got his teeth into it.
2, I would say mainly because only one or two horses were going at a time and as normal towed box probably cheaper and handier.
3. That's a big one and the IHRB again letting the industry down by not revealing what they were and what they're used for. Like the Elliott incident their inactivity and silence allows the whole thing to grow legs. Total ineptitude imo.
4. He does but not sure if it's relevant as Warwick used the yard before he bought it.
5. As Nicholls has a bit of involvement in this story already and with kimmage my guess would be on him.
6. I believe the medication originated from the states.
7. From what I've read they knew nothing about it and were only called in when the two licenced trainers turned up at the yard.
8. I would say so. Kind of embarrassing really.
9. Could be,  could be anything yet really.
10. I think now that the process has been started by Bolger people like kimmage  will stay digging and eventually something or someone will turn up for him.
I don't think the lance Armstrong quote is about any single individual as such but more an industry thing where a proportion are either blatantly or slightly bending what is legal or allowed.
Out of competition testing might bring a stop to it naturally anyway before someone gets caught.
Race day testing was never going to turn up anything major.
Report kincsem November 20, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
The government backing of the IHRB their wonderful performance reminded me of the time John Delany of the FAI was doing a sit down interview on RTE.

John Delaney: "Am I doing a good job?"
John Delaney: "That is a very good question."
John Delaney: "Yes, I am doing a very good job.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl November 23, 2021 11:21 AM GMT
It seems that the bullet points at 7 + 8 are interlinked. How often do police forces conduct searches without letting the local cops in on the plan. So trust would obviously be an issue or perhaps the lack of trust. Like the Fleetwood Mac song 'Go Your Own Way'. Works best. Reduced chance of leaks.
Once again the closing sentence in the opening post is further support of the old truism 'they don't come back'.
Report olddesperado November 23, 2021 8:44 PM GMT
All horses found on the premises test negative.
Report cloone river December 5, 2021 9:26 PM GMT
Nells WellWink
Report RoyalAcademy December 6, 2021 3:54 PM GMT
In fairness, cloone, the stewards were very busy in this race so they must have been listening to the trainer explain all to the media in the winners enclosure:

359D O'Flynn Group Irish EBF (M) Novice S'ch
The Stewards ordered the withdrawal of Razzle Dazzle Love, trained by Thomas Gibney, for failing to comply with the provisions of Rule 90 (i)(failing to present for identification as required).

Owing to the low trajectory of the Sun, the Stewards granted permission for fence number eight to be omitted from this race.
Report olddesperado December 7, 2021 6:44 AM GMT
What am I missing here ?
Report cloone river December 7, 2021 6:40 PM GMT
Fence five was omitted.Cloone river had a eye on a horse that was well handicapped that should have won at Thurles a couple of weeks ago.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com