Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
01 Sep 21 22:06
| Topic/replies: 47,338 | Blogger: irishone's blog
He takes a team to portugal
He leaves out the old reliables
Renaldo misses a penalty
Scores from a set play
Hangs on for dear life second half
Cant get out the box at times
6 mins left and the low block defence
Gets undone from a cross
Changes it to a high line
After 45 minutes of nine men in defence
Gets done again on a cross 90+6
Not only is the man out of his depth
When he rides his luck he gets unlucky
Pause Switch to Standard View Why Kenny is not a good Ireland manager
Show More
Report workrider September 1, 2021 10:17 PM BST
I would have been of the same opinion before tonights game, but there was immense promise tonight and full credit to the lads. I think we might have turned the corner, Maybe Kenny has turned the players into believing in him..
Report irishone September 7, 2021 9:40 PM BST
Stephen Kenny is out of his depth
I cant believe he has been given so long

Ridiculous !
Report frank60 September 7, 2021 10:39 PM BST
The young lads did well. outside of  our keeper the irish fans were outstanding.  still a long way to go . I was happy for Kenny he hasn.t enjoyed the best of luck.
Report Racingqueen September 8, 2021 12:33 PM BST
its always this horse5hite of how the fans were outstanding. The fans are idiots Laugh

Kenny is a bluffer of the highest order. Worse than Staunton ffs

The players are horrific though. There is zero promise in this crowd. 1 win in 16 games ffs
Even if he had a half decent crew of talent, he'd be losing

If he managed Liechtinstein, he'd be sacked already. He should have been booted after the cringe of showing a 1916 video as motivation to players when playing England even though Irelands only source of talent down the years has been England ffs

LOI needs to be disbanded and football played at a county level. Fans are tribal in ireland and their support is at county/provincial level. LOI needs to realise this.
Report frank60 September 8, 2021 2:43 PM BST
The Profit of Doom has spoken.   Laugh
Report punchestown September 8, 2021 3:15 PM BST
Was there last night atmosphere was electric (considering the crowd size),we were played off the park and totally outclassed for 85 minutes and got the jammiest goal I've seen in a long time.

We need a miracle to qualify for anything.
Report peckerdunne September 25, 2021 1:06 PM BST
Some proper dismal posts.

First time in 40 years I've seen an Irish side trying to play football.
Report Racingqueen October 6, 2021 8:19 PM BST
Trying to play football = P16 W1 D8 L7

Laugh

Trying to play football = losing at home to Luxembourg

Laugh
Report peckerdunne October 9, 2021 5:30 PM BST
Racing Queen, I know it's a difficult concept for you to grasp, but trying to play football with very ordinary players is a hugely brave thing to do.

It invariably takes time and involves many painfully dismal days, but it does get better.

A half decent striker is always a pre requisite.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl October 12, 2021 11:51 PM BST
I think that SK deserves his chance. Who would people prefer ? A non-English speaking manager ? Again !! Or A manager or managers that allowed two top players slip out of the fold ? This team is improving. Nice to get a few wins for the confidence of the players. Robinson might be that half decent striker that the above post by peckerdunne seeks. Germany 2024 could be a realistic target as SK was too successful in the LOI with Dundalk to be a bad manager (won 8[b] trophies with Dundalk)[/b]. The Chelsea coach Anthony Barry is a huge boost and its good to see such an outstanding coach assisting SK. Onwards and upwards.
Report peckerdunne October 14, 2021 2:58 PM BST
The begrudgers are posting but not on here.

Now I wonder why that is.
Report RoyalAcademy October 15, 2021 12:17 PM BST
The naysayers on social media (of all types) are mostly dyspeptic and cowards. Just look at the pathetic Indo journalist Eoghan Harris when he was unmasked.
For the rest of us we try to be even-handed, can have strong opinions but generally try to fair, tolerant and balanced. Its possible to be uncertain about Kenny and wish him well. The puke defensive football we played for years under strict managerial edict gave players no chance to shine and rewarded mediocrity where players played the ball sideways and backwards and could not seem to string two passes together going forward.
Against this conservative approach, over paying "big names", the abominable Delaney in charge and confidence-draining statements that the players weren't good enough I welcome the Kenny project. In many ways it cannot fail because regardless of what happens we will learn if the soccer world has passed us by and we literally have to start from scratch again. Whether this is possible I'm not sure as Delaney is still revered by local Junior sides who loved when he arrived with the cheque in the arse pocket.
Rugby sets the standard and I'm looking forward to O'Gara returning home when he has assimilated all he can abroad. The Chelsea coach is a good example of this but we need to send many such emissaries abroad to give us the best hope for the future.
I hope Kenny learnt a valuable lesson with the anti-Brit drivel as it was crass, stupid and tone deaf and he was lucky to survive that blunder.
Report frank60 October 15, 2021 2:49 PM BST
Well said R.A.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com